October 20, 2011

Lunch time

Today is a pretty nice day for lawn mowing standards. It's about 64 degrees and sunny. I think I'd rather have cloudy, but the sun might save what tan I have left from this summer.  I was too hot in long pants so I came home to change into my shorts.  My house is along the lawn mowing route so I don't waste much time.  I am gunna eat lunch while I am here too.  A Wal-Mart brand TV dinner.  I have vowed to not go out to eat for awhile cause I can't afford it.  I've went from eating out twice a day to none.  Pretty big step.  I've been eating a lot of apples again. 

Today is a pretty laid back day.  Picking up poop and mowing a few lawns. I could type a lot more, but I better eat and get back to work.  Later guys.


Posted By RIGGED! at 07:26 PM


October 18, 2011

Hey guys!

Ugggg! It's been FOREVER! I need to update you guys on everything. As I said in my last blog entry, I am still working with my friend doing landscaping.  The season in winding down though. There is about three weeks left till I will be out of a job again. I can talk about that later. Let's get to the POSITIVE stuff that has been going on.

About two months ago I met a girl and now she is my girlfriend. Yeah, I am as surprised as you.  Her name is Katie. She is awesome, smart and hot. We have about everything in common from politics to sports. I think she is going to be my last girlfriend. We have done a lot of fun stuff together already.

User Uploaded Image

Katie and I at Mt Rainier

User Uploaded Image

Katie's dog Mila in my backpack while we hiked.  She was tired.

User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image

Well, I am obviously extremely rusty at blogging because I somehow managed to delete my whole second portion of this blog while I wrote it in my gmail. Don't ask me how I did it, It's extremely stupid.

I'll write a summarized version of it. 

Katie lives an hour drive south of me.  We want to move in together. I need to find a job down there soon because my job up here is going to end in a couple weeks.  I am scared to find a job because I don't want to work for someone. I pretty much want to do my own thing as I did when I played poker.

I haven't played much poker over the last few months. I have almost forgotten about it.  I'm not sure if I want to get back into it full time because playing and studying will take up every ounce of time I have. Besides the fact that I would have to move out of the country.  I sure as hell can't afford that right now.

I'll keep in touch


Posted By RIGGED! at 02:06 AM


July 04, 2011

Happy 4th! (life update)

Hey guys! Happy 4th of July! Oh there is probably like no one from the US that is on this site anymore.  What a cluster fuck this whole online poker situation is.  I won't go too far into it because it just pisses me off.  I've actually been staying pretty busy.  I've been mowing lawns and doing yard work with my friend for about a month and a half now.  It has been hard work, but I'm in better shape and I have one helluva tan.  It's fun to work with a good friend all day.  I don't dread going to work early in the morning. Yeah I make money, but I don't really think about the money.  I'm not huge on the 'making a butt load of money' thing.  If I enjoy my job, I'm fine with it.  As long as I can survive of course. 

The last month has been pretty uneventful I think.  I haven't drank alcohol since my ambulance trip to the hospital from the Mariner game a couple months ago.  I really enjoy not being sick or hungover.  Joel (my friend and boss) has me hooked on Mountain Dew, so that's what I am drinking instead.  Might be less healthy for me than beer, but at least it doesn't make me feel like shit. 

I am still single.  Haven't found any girls that I really want to date.  Been a few possibilities, but I'm being picky.  It's kinda cool that I don't just fall in love with anyone that will talk to me. Courtney ripped that part of my heart outta me. It was for the best though.  Quite recently, there is a girl that I kind of have my eye on.  She is my mom's hairdresser's daughter.  She is crazy hot and she seems like she's down to earth and not too much of a crazy bitch, like most single hot chicks.  I have only saw her once.  My mom was supposed to talk to her more and kinda get to know her better for me, but I guess my mom had a couple martinis too many before she went to get her hair done and had to go home early.  I have persuaded her to not drink with me now.  I'd like to get to know this girl better, but I really don't know how to go about it.

I have been going to the casino every Friday and Saturday night since I have been working my new job.  I am keeping track of the results, but only for the past couple weeks.  I'll never have a big enough sample at live for me to know my win rate, but I want to know how much money I am winning or losing.  The casino I play at is about a half hour drive for me in each direction.  I have figured out what I pay in gas and what I spend on food while at the casino.  All things I never had to worry about playing online.  I am only playing 3/6 limit.  There are a lot of people that say you can't beat the game because of the rake and there are people that say you can beat it because the players are so bad.  I believe it is quite beatable because of the players.  I will do the best I can to help prove this theory.  I am only going on the juiciest nights, so I don't get stuck in a tight game.  If the game is tight, yeah it's impossible to beat.  I hope I can overcome the cost of gas and food.  I have the results over the past two weeks but it's not nearly enough to represent how I am doing.  I'm like $23 up in 16 hours. -$30 including gas and food.

Today I am probably mowing my lawn and going to a party this evening.  Setting off fireworks of course.  I am stocked up for the night.  Going to be dangerous as usual.  Fun times.

I'll try to blog more often.


Posted By RIGGED! at 05:05 PM


June 09, 2011

I just have to get this off my chest

I will start with talking about my Memorial Day weekend and posting some pics.  I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. I'm sorry.

Sunday morning I left to Seattle with my Aunt, her husband Tom and my three cousins. We got to the Mariner game about an hour before it started, which was perfect.  I had bought seats that were two rows up from the field behind the right field fence.  About 30ft from Ichiro.  I paid five more dollars per ticket than my aunt's family and they sat in the 300 level, nose bleed section.  Tom isn't very good at the common sense aspect, but he is like one of three top heart surgeons in our state. 

My seat

User Uploaded Image

I ate pizza at the game because I heard it was so good.  It was good, but I'll just stick with my hot dogs I think

User Uploaded Image

After the game we went back to the hotel.  I went to dinner with my Aunt and Tom.  It was crazy.  We went to this steak house and it was like $50 a plate, not including all the add ons.  It was definitely a look at how people with a lot of money eat out.  It was super good though.  I'd just never spend that much money on food. When we got back to the hotel, we all went swimming in the indoor swimming pool.  I don't think I've actually went swimming in a pool in probably four years at least.  It was fun. 

Monday morning we all got up and ate at the breakfast buffet. Very good food.  When we were done eating my cousins wanted to go play racquetball at the racquetball courts in the hotel.  We rented equipment at the front desk and went and played.  I haven't played racquetball in a good five or six years.  It brought back some good memories.

My breakfast

User Uploaded Image

At around 11:30am I took the hotel shuttle to the airport and took the Link Light Rail up to Safeco.  I met Savannah (my sister in law) outside the stadium.  I had selected our seats, so we were two rows up from the field on the home team side about half way from the right field fence to first base.  It was a beautiful day in Seattle, the Mariners won and I had a great time with Savannah.

Our seats

User Uploaded Image

When the game was over, we didn't just want to leave and go back home right away.  I suggested the Crab Pot.  A restaurant where you can buy a bunch of crab.  I knew Savannah had been dying to go there.  So we walked down to the pier from Seattle and went to the Crab Pot.  I have never ate so much crab.  It was so good.  Savannah had King Crab legs and I had a whole Dungenous Crab.  Savannah couldn't eat her last leg, so I happily helped her out.

User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image


User Uploaded Image


Okay, now to the reason I am writing this blog entry today.  I have been talking with this girl for maybe the past week.  We've known each other for maybe a year or longer, but have been texting and chatting on the phone a lot more often recently.  She lives in Spokane and is planning on moving to Yakima at the end of this month.  Spokane is a three hour drive from here. This past Saturday we were talking and for some reason I decided I wanted to drive there and meet her.  She was practically begging me to come.  She has been going through some tough times because she had found out she was pregnant like maybe a month ago and wasn't dealing well with it.  She was talking to me about having an abortion a few days prior and I said all the right things and thought I had shown her the light and she was going to give him/her up for adoption.  She has a three year old daughter now. Well I went over to Spokane and met her at the casino she works at. We drove back to her place.  Her niece is her room mate, who is 17 years old.  She is 24ish years old.  We all watched a really stupid kids movie with her daughter.  Then went to sleep on her couch.  Odd, but okay.  Sunday morning comes around and the niece asks me if I could give her a ride to Yakima.  I'm like sure when I go home.  I had planned to stay there till Monday.  I planned to play poker at the casino the girl works at while she worked.  The niece started packing up her stuff like she wanted to go now.  I was like okay...  The girl I was there for just went along with it.  Like she wanted me to go as soon as possible.  I am not a weird or bad guy by any means.  I didn't do anything wrong and it was really really weird.  So I took the hint and left for Yakima with her niece.

Well, I think it was late late Sunday night, the girl in Spokane called me at like 11pm and said she was getting her daughter from somewhere that was like an hour away.  Which was really weird.  Then I texted her a couple hours later and she said she was in the hospital. Ooooookay? She had been saying her stomach hurt a little when I was over there, so maybe she was there for that.  I thought nothing of it.

Today I was looking at her facebook and she was saying that she lost her baby.  That is super sad right?  I'm calling bullshit.  She had that abortion she was talking about.  Everything falls into place.  My unexpected departure Sunday, her "picking up her daughter at 11pm" (actually dropping her daughter off).  Her being at the "hospital."  It's all a crock of shit and she is lying to everyone saying she "lost the baby."  I am 99.9% certain.  I don't think I'd even care if I didn't believe abortion is outright murder.  I am SUPER against it and I don't think I am against anything more.  I don't want her seeking all this sympathy from everyone because she just killed her baby.  How do I even go about this?  I guess I just write about it on my blog.  There is that .01% part of me hoping that she didn't have the abortion.  I'd love to confront her about it, but you know how that will go.  "HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME!!"  I'll be the scumbag of the earth. Nothing good can come from it.  I know three woman that are my friends that have "lost their baby" One I know for a fact had an abortion because she told me and the other is a 99.9% deal like this one.  It's just that personality or trait people have that you know they are lying about most things.  I had no idea abortion happened so much.  I thought it was a rare thing.  I feel like ratting out this chick and telling the world she is a murderer, but that's not gunna happen.  I'll just tell the people that read my blog.



ps.  If you think I am wrong, let me know.  I want to be wrong.

edit: Now that I have read this blog entry over.  I think I have moved from 99.9% to maybe like 60%.  She didn't exactly live the healthiest of life styles, so maybe she did have a miscarriage.  Do miscarriages happen a lot or is that a common way for people to cover up abortions?  She did say that she had planned the abortion appointment down the road so that she had time to think about it.  I'm just not as sure as I was.

Posted By RIGGED! at 12:13 AM


May 28, 2011

Working hard and weekend plans

The last two days have been quite different than the last couple years.  I'm actually outside working hard.  No more sitting at the computer all day.  Just about every muscle in my body is hurting.  My fingers even ache. The bottom of my feet hurt like a bitch.  No blisters, just aching.  I think its the old shitty shoes that I wear all day.  They are my normal lawn mowing shoes, but I don't think being on them all day is doing my feet any good. I may be able to stop by a Nike outlet store on the way to or from Seattle and get some real cheap ugly clearance shoes. 

Thursday night I went out to dinner with my family.  Afterward we stayed and played trivia.  We ended up getting third place and got a free pitcher of beer.  I'm not drinking, but just the fact that we won something is cool.  After that there was a bonus round where everyone pays a dollar.  If you win you pick from five envelopes and one of the envelopes has a piece of paper in it that has 'cash' written on it.  If you pick that envelope you get all the money people paid in.  Well over the last month at least, no one has picked the 'cash' envelope.  The pot had built up to about $220.  The bonus round category was 'state capitols.'  Our family is awesome at these cause we always quiz each other on them when we are bored in the car.  For some reason we had trouble with Kentucky and New Jersey, but we figured them out just in time.  We ended up the only team with all 10 answers right.  I was selected to go up and pick the envelope. I picked one and opened it up and there was a little card that said 'cash.'  You know that feeling you get when you just know you are going to win when you just pushed with 72o and were called with AK.  That's the feeling I had when I was picking the envelope.  We split up the money amongst the five of us which came out to about $44.

Friday night I went over to my parents' house because my grandpa and step grandma were visiting.  We watched the Mariners play the Yankees and the Mariners came back from three down and won 4-3.  They are only .5 games back from first place in the division.  It's just unreal.  The Mariners were supposed to be the cellar team again this year according to all the critics.  Even the Seattle critics!  I'm happy the Mariners are proving them all wrong.  I put $5 on them at the beginning of the game.  I won $9.  They were huge underdogs for some reason.  It just shows how clueless the odds makers are right now.  They see Yankees and it's an automatic win.  Doesn't matter that they were facing about the best pitcher in baseball.  I'm fine with it.  I make money.  I just need to start putting more money down.  The quote of the night was from my grandma after a few glasses of wine "We just beat the fucking Yankees!!!"

I have a four day weekend and I need it.  My body needs to heal up.  Although I'm not exactly sitting around. Today I am going to the driving range around 2:30.  Then at 3:30 I'm gunna golf with my friend and maybe my dad at the the nicest golf course in town.  It's only like two minutes from my house and I've only been there once since I've lived on my own.  It's a beautiful day so far and I am super stoked.

Tomorrow I am leaving to Seattle with my aunt and her husband and my cousins to go the Mariner game.  They are playing the Yankees.  I was wondering if I should wear my Mariner stuff or something that was degrading about the Yankees. My grandma said I should wear Seattle stuff, so I'll stick with that.  I hate the Yankees so much that I could spit.  I hope the Mariners sweep those All-Star team wannabes. After the game we are staying in a hotel for the night.  Which works out perfect.  On Monday Savannah is driving over to Seattle and I am going to meet her at the Mariner game :)  They play the Orioles that day.  Interesting fact is that the only foul ball I caught was at a Orioles game in Baltimore.

This Memorial Day weekend is going to be super fun.  I will refrain from drinking any beer so that I don't end up in an ambulance again like last month.  I have great seats for both games.  I'll make sure to take pictures and post them when I get back.  Laterz


Posted By RIGGED! at 07:17 PM


May 26, 2011

First day on the job.

I'll start with the results of my sleep tests that I had for the first two nights of this week.  I went into the sleep doctor's office yesterday and he told me that I had SEVERE sleep apnea.   My air way collapsed about 400 times in a five hour span.  Which means I can't breathe about 80 times per hour.  When I can't breathe, my body wakes up so that my air way will open up again.  I don't notice when I wake up, but it never lets me get fully to sleep.  The doctor told me I was getting about 79% of the oxygen that I needed when I slept.  100% being when you are awake and 50% when you are dead.  So you can say I was almost half dead.  The doc said I was getting better sleep when I was awake.  So I got a C-PAP machine and it's supposed to solve that problem.  I have to wear a mask to bed every night for the rest of my life, but at least there will be a 'rest of my life.'  The doctor said I probably would have started having heart problems by the time I was 35 or 40 if I let this go untreated.  Scary. 

I used the machine last night and I went to sleep at around 11:30.  I got up at 5:30am to go to my first day of my new job.  I felt pretty good when I woke up.  When I really noticed the change was late in the day and I was still wide awake and wasn't dying as I was mowing lawns.  So the machine looks like it is going to really change my life for the better. 

My landscaping job today consisted of mowing lawns and picking up dog shit.  I mowed two lawns with the 'zero turn' lawn mower.  It was the first time riding one of those so it is going to take some getting used to.  I weed eated all of the other lawns.  I think we mowed about 15 lawns all over town.  Yeah it's a lot.  One lawn was on a freaking hill and I had to mow the hill with the push lawn mower.  The grass was hella wet and long.  It was hell on earth, but I got through it.  After I was done with mowing it, I was fine.  It rained all day and I was soaked when I got home.  Working with my friend is like the best job I've ever had besides poker. Totally laid back atmosphere.  The first day on the job was hard work, but it wasn't too bad at all. 

Well I need to start getting ready for bed. (It's only 9:45pm!!!) I have another early morning tomorrow.  I guess tomorrow we get to push mow the lawns we mow.  It shouldn't be too bad....I hope.


Posted By RIGGED! at 04:46 AM


May 25, 2011

Omg, I got a job...

Too many things to talk about.  I'll make it short.  On Friday I woke up and logged onto facebook.  How I start out every depressing day.  I saw that my friend Mallory posted something about her husband hiring someone to help him out in his landscaping business.  I immediately texted her and told her that I wanted the job.  She said okay and to come over for a BBQ at their house that evening.  I was over there for about three hours and I got the job.  I'm pretty good friends with them, so I'm a perfect choice.  They know I'll work hard and they can trust me.  So yeah.  I have my first job, besides poker, in a little over two years. 

Should be decent hours.  Decent pay.  I'll admit, I'm pretty nervous.  Most of the job is probably mowing lawns and pulling weeds.  I'm fine with that. I've been doing that my whole life.  Still nervous though.  I'm sure he is pretty fast with every thing and I'm only used to mowing two lawns per week.  Not sure how many we'll be mowing a day, but I bet it's going to be a lot. 

I start tomorrow, Wednesday.  I need to be at his their house by 6:45am.  AH!  That is going to suck.  I gotta start going to bed by like 10 or 11pm at the latest.  That is freaking crazy insane.  I think I went to bed at 10:30pm once this year.  That was the earliest.  Going to take some getting used to, that's for sure.  The good thing is that I'll have every night and weekends off.

The last two nights I have been spending the night at a sleep center.  They have been testing me for sleep apnea.  I haven't slept well either of those nights.  I've been hooked up to wires and shit.  I woke up with goop in my hair and red marker all over my face.  The lady woke me up at 6am to get up and leave.  I immediately went home and took a long hot shower to get all the crap outta my hair.  Then I went to bed for another 4-5 hours.  I love my own bed.  Today I go there to find out the results.  I'll let you guys know.

This weekend it looks like I may be going to two mariner games back to back.  On Sunday they are playing the Yankees and on Monday they are playing the Orioles.  Sunday I'll be hitching a ride with my aunt.  I think they may be staying the night there, so I might stay the night with them.  Then I will meet my sister there for the Orioles game. 

Sorry that I have nothing about poker.  Poker is on the back burner for now and I will keep you guys updated on my life without poker.


Posted By RIGGED! at 05:52 AM


May 16, 2011

I think I'm running WAY under EV in life.

Been doing a lot of thinking and researching lately.  Bottom line is that I don't want to sell my house because it would be a huge hassle.  I have a lot of furniture and if I were to move somewhere, I'd have to stick all my furniture in a storage unit or sell it.  That would be an incredible chore. 

When I moved into this house, I didn't plan on moving out for awhile.  When my parents bought this place for me, I planned on paying them rent till it was paid off and eventually get married to my girlfriend. She had a job and I was playing poker. Everything was going fine.  I was 100% that I was going to get married and be settling down.  Well, in June of last year everything drastically changed for me.  My fiance dumped me two months before we were going to get married in Vegas.  Funny thing was that we dropped her wedding dress off to get worked on a day before.  (More on that in a future blog.  The year anniversary of her dumping me is just a couple weeks off) In November'ish WA state outlawed Full Tilt poker.  That was a set back, but I worked around it.  Then as we all know, a month ago was probably the second worst moment in my life.  Online poker was basically banned in the US.

All my money is online.  I barely had enough to pay last months bills.  I have zero money till Full Tilt decides to pay it's players.  Over the last couple days I have been researching on moving to Canada.  I heard it wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be.  Turns out that you just drive across the border and tell the border patrol that you are going there for six months to play online poker.  Oh and you need about $15,000 to $20,000 in your bank account.  Guess how much money I have in my bank account.  About $50 give or take about $40.  I might be able to borrow that much money from my parents so I can just have it in my bank account for when I cross the border, but that's a lot of money. Plus combined with having to rent a place in Canada and selling my house. That is just too much of a hassle.

So, I'm back where I was.  I have to get a job.  It is the only option I have.  Extremely lame.  I feel like I have given up on poker.  Not to mention all these people that have been telling me that I can't make it in poker are going to have huge "I TOLD YOU SO' looks on their faces.  Doesn't matter that it was the f**cking goverment's fault.  They aren't going to look at it that way.  I just assume not talk to these people or at least not bring up the subject. 

Today, I'm going to my parents' house to make up a resume'.  I haven't made one in like five years.  I can't remember how to even write one up.  Plus I am applying to the Wal-Mart that is jest a few blocks from my house.  That seems like the ideal job right now.  It's close and they seem to hire anyone and everyone.  If some of those retards can get hired, I should be a shoe in.   I applied for any position except 'cart pusher'  Screw that.  I hope I get the job just so I can post pictures on here of the most miserable time in my life.  I really doubt that I am going to make as much as I made online.  Prolly not be able to afford living expenses.  I'll end this paragrapgh with the plus sides.  I will be able to apply for food stamps.  Prolly get about $200ish a month for food.  It's pathetic, but I'll be paying taxes up the ass and this is just like getting that money back.  I'll get to live in my house and take care of my garden and lawn that I have been growing and bringing back to life for almost three years.  I won't have to move my cat, he loves it here.  I can continue to feed all my stray cat friends on my back porch.  Although I will be completely miserable at whatever job I get (if I get), at least I'll be able to survive. 

My life is.....

Posted By RIGGED! at 10:30 PM


May 15, 2011

The decision process of the past week

All this week the weather has been outstanding.  High in the mid 70's the whole time. Today was the first time I actually got out and golfed.  It looked like it was going to rain, so that made me excited.  I've been dying to use my Full Tilt golf umbrella that I got last year.  I decided to get it after my brother and I golfed in a torrential downpour.  It hadn't rained since.  Till today.  The round started off nice, but then it started raining pretty hard and I got to finally use my umbrella.  It was so cool. I was nice and dry.  I still golfed terrible, but that was okay.  I figured out a huge thing I was doing wrong with my irons.  I am hitting them about 20 yards at least farther and hitting them a lot more solid.  It is so nice. Just in time for the golf tournament my dad and I are playing tomorrow.

This past week I haven't been doing much.  Pretty much just researching what to do since there is no more poker.  I'm not going to kid myself and think I can make a living on Carbon Poker.  There is like zero traffic on there and what traffic there is is decent regulars. The software is also beyond shitty, so I'm not even going to try to deposit on there.  If you live in the US, online poker isn't happening if you are going to make a living at it. Bottom line.

Another option that has been weighing on my head a lot is moving out of the country.  At first I was thinking Bahamas, but now Costa Rica looks like a nice place to go.  Housing is somewhat cheap and I could play on Full Tilt.  My friend Spencer (mrhobbys, i think) said he'd move down there with me.  That'd be great because I don't think I could do it alone.  I don't wanta get mugged and raped.  One of my friends was telling my Full Tilt is drying up and is practically unplayable these days.  My other more reliable friend told me its not that bad, but that friend has been on vacation for the last two weeks.  He's going to give me feedback on Full Tilt when he gets home.

Now all signs are pointed to getting a job.  I have zero money because Full Tilt has about $5k of mine.  That's not even that much.  Plus I don't really want to spend all of that because I want to have a bankroll when I get back into poker.  I've never been back to zero since I deposited on Full Tilt.  As much as I hate hate hate the idea of a job, I'd rather be miserable working than miserable with no money.

I'll keep you guys updated.  Laterz


Posted By RIGGED! at 12:47 AM


May 11, 2011

My mini vacation weekend

This past weekend my parents and I went on a little vacation to Long Beach, WA.  It was kind of a mothers day thing.  We left at about 5:30pm on Friday night and drove all the way there.  About a five hour drive.  My dad's secretary at work had a beach house that she let us borrow for the weekend. We got there around 10:30 or so.  We went to bed cause the drive sucked.  It rained the whole way over.

Saturday morning, we got up and went to a breakfast place.  After that we went clam digging at about 9:30am.  The weather was perfect, but the clamming was so so.  I got about eight clams in the matter of five minutes, then couldn't find anymore for the next half hour.  My dad grinded out seven clams.  The clams were pretty small too.  It's really too late in the season to be clam digging.  Me being as out of shape as I am, through out my back and could barely dig anymore.  We stopped digging and had 15 clams between the two if us.  Only one limit.  Pretty lame, but oh well, I wasn't gunna kill myself out there like last time.  

Dad and I clam digging

User Uploaded Image

We went and ate lunch at a random bar/restaurant in Long Beach.  I had a bowl of clam chowder and the three of us shared a pound and a half of steamer clams.  I refuse to eat anything other than seafood when I go to the coast.  After that we went on a couple short hikes to a couple lighthouses.  It was fun, great views of the Columbia River mouth and the coastline.  We hurried back to Long Beach so we could watch the Kentucky Derby.  We went back to the bar we were at.  I had $5 on Derby Kitten.  Obviously no luck.  My second choice was Animal Kingdom, of course I put no money on it...  I like picking the long shots.  

User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image
User Uploaded Image
User Uploaded Image
User Uploaded Image

When the race was over, we drove across the bridge to Astoria.  With people unfamiliar with the town, Goonies and several other movies were shot there.   We drove by the jail that is in the beginning of the movie and the Goonies house.  Pretty underwhelming, but that's what I expected.  We went to the Astoria column.  It was 164 steps up to the top.  (I counted) It was fun, very cool view from the top. 

Goonies House

User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image

Astoria Column

User Uploaded Image
User Uploaded Image

We headed back to Long Beach and ate at a restaurant and watched the Mariner game.  They got killed six to zero. My fish and chips were really good though.  Then we went back to the beach house and we all went to bed at about 10:30.

Sunday we got up and my mom went and brought back McDonalds for breakfast.  After I ate, I took the bike that was at the house and rode for about a half hour.  It was a lot harder than I remember and when I got back to the house, I felt like I was going to die.  I was so out of breath.  It took me a few hours to recover.  We left the beach house and drove down past Astoria to Fort Clatsop.  Where Lewis and Clark stayed the winter while on the Pacific Coast.  There was a little movie and replica of the place they stayed in.  It was interesting.  After that we drove to Seaside, Oregon.  We ate lunch there.  I had calamari, it was so good.  Maybe the best I've ever had? There was a super super hot waitress serving us.  Of course I'm too chicken to say anything.  Why go through the stress when nothing could ever happen with her living six hours away.  When we were finished eating, we walked around for a bit then headed back home.  The drive was really long and windy (like curvy). I watched an episode of Mythbusters and Camelot on my laptop.  We finally got home and I was never so happy.  (exaggeration)


Fort Clatsop Pics

User Uploaded Image


User Uploaded Image

User Uploaded Image

Long Beach pics

User Uploaded ImageUser Uploaded Image

ps. If this page took to long to load because of the pics, let me know.  I'll make them smaller next time.

Posted By RIGGED! at 05:16 AM


About Me