Beginner Limit Hold'em Poker Forums

Bankroll

or track by Email or RSS

ehazen

0 posts
Joined 11/2016

Living in Washington State online poker isn't an option. This is preventing me from depositing $2500 as my starting seed money and grinding it up to 50 buy-ins for live cash games at $1/2.

Is taking a quarter of a normal bankroll to start playing live going to cause me issues? If this could work what sort of adjustments should be made?

Posted 11 months ago

mrhobbeys

522 posts
Joined 10/2009

I just found Ignition Poker, Americas Cardroom, and BetOnline all of them accept Bitcoin... However I am not recommending that unless you fully understand the risk that your money could disappear forever. I should know this has happened to me more than once...

Since you posted in Limit Hold'em I actually recommend getting a start in limit. You should require less BIs in your BR and limit is a great way to get the basic concepts down without risking all of the money in front of you at one time.

As far as your original question... I will say it is not a good idea to "adjust" your play based on outside factors, however playing on a short roll should affect what games you chose to play in and how long you play etc...

Being a short roll is always a risk, but if you can work and earn more money to add to your roll then you really aren't on a short roll.

Posted 11 months ago

BigBadBabar

4557 posts
Joined 03/2007

no one from washington state has ever gotten into legal trouble due to online poker. go ahead and play online and feel fine about it. you can even deposit and withdraw entirely in bitcoin these days, so there is really no way the state would even find out what you were up to (even if they cared about going after people - which they don't)

Posted 11 months ago

RichardAamland

0 posts
Joined 12/2016

micsquab

750 posts
Joined 09/2010

I just found Ignition Poker, Americas Cardroom, and BetOnline all of them accept Bitcoin... However I am not recommending that unless you fully understand the risk that your money could disappear forever. I should know this has happened to me more than once...

Since you posted in Limit Hold'em I actually recommend getting a start in limit. You should require less BIs in your BR and limit is a great way to get the basic concepts down without risking all of the money in front of you at one time.

As far as your original question... I will say it is not a good idea to "adjust" your play based on outside factors, however playing on a short roll should affect what games you chose to play in and how long you play etc...

Being a short roll is always a risk, but if you can work and earn more money to add to your roll then you really aren't on a short roll.

Variance is going to be quite a bit higher playing limit vs. no limit.

Posted 11 months ago

Aleks

2 posts
Joined 07/2017

Betonline seems good, my friend plays there

Posted 3 months ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → Bankroll