Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by bellatrix (Micro/Small Stakes)

STORM: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

STORM: Episode Two by bellatrix

Bellatrix brings in nyrugby, and they talk through some $0.25/0.5 limit hold'em hands.

About STORM Subscribe to

(S)ession (T)w(O)PlusTwo (R)eview (M)icro is Bellatrix's training camp for micro-stakes limit hold'em players. Utilizing a review format with student's/2p2 members from the US, she explores the micro level games available.

Tags

hand replayer ipod friendly hh review bellatrix storm

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 56 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for STORM: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:22:30

bleh. that's such a bad seat at that table.

Oh, and besides the loose passive player left to act, that's not the best bb to target for a blind steal.

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

bleh. that's such a bad seat at that table.

Oh, and besides the loose passive player left to act, that's not the best bb to target for a blind steal.

yep, I commented on this a few minutes later. FWIW, I don't know the situation at Merge. I hear a lot of people complaining about the abundance of regs even at 25c/50c. So that's why I didn't know if this was the best table around and he was just on a bad seat at a good table or if he didn't recognize the situation and there were much better tables around.

This is my personal opinion, but I do think that in a 6max game it would be better to have 2 real bad players on the table, even if we have bad position, than 1 bad player on which we have position. So the fact that he had 3 loose-passives (which played horribly), 1 reg that didn't get enough value and 1 TAG made this table quite awesome. If you can adjust for the fact that you're gonna get coldcalled a lot, don't have to steal that wide then you should be fine, imo.

I'm not opening JTs UTG as a steal, per se. The hand plays ok multiway, too.

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

yep, I commented on this a few minutes later. FWIW, I don't know the situation at Merge. I hear a lot of people complaining about the abundance of regs even at 25c/50c. So that's why I didn't know if this was the best table around and he was just on a bad seat at a good table or if he didn't recognize the situation and there were much better tables around.

This is my personal opinion, but I do think that in a 6max game it would be better to have 2 real bad players on the table, even if we have bad position, than 1 bad player on which we have position. So the fact that he had 3 loose-passives (which played horribly), 1 reg that didn't get enough value and 1 TAG made this table quite awesome. If you can adjust for the fact that you're gonna get coldcalled a lot, don't have to steal that wide then you should be fine, imo.

I'm not opening JTs UTG as a steal, per se. The hand plays ok multiway, too.

The problem w/ the $.25/.50 level is that it's the highest stake under the "Low stakes" tab/filter. Looking higher and dealing with the extra mouse scrolls is worth it IMO if your bankroll will allow it Wink. (Hey, if you can't game select over multiple sites, might as well game select over multiple stakes). Oh, and playing some full-ring works too.

As for the game creation, I dunno. I only have a limited sample, but that rake is killer...

I've thought about the table thing you posit here. I think it depends on how spewy the weak player is directly on your right (in the good table situation) vs how tough the good players are in the bad table situation. I dunno. I'll defer to players with more experience. Here I agree that one of those villain's misses value and isn't that big of a concern -- my comment was just more pertaining to the BB/player directly on the right.

Posted over 2 years ago

nyrugby

3 posts
Joined 07/2011

The problem w/ the $.25/.50 level is that it's the highest stake under the "Low stakes" tab/filter. Looking higher and dealing with the extra mouse scrolls is worth it IMO if your bankroll will allow it Wink. (Hey, if you can't game select over multiple sites, might as well game select over multiple stakes). Oh, and playing some full-ring works too.

As for the game creation, I dunno. I only have a limited sample, but that rake is killer...

I've thought about the table thing you posit here. I think it depends on how spewy the weak player is directly on your right (in the good table situation) vs how tough the good players are in the bad table situation. I dunno. I'll defer to players with more experience. Here I agree that one of those villain's misses value and isn't that big of a concern -- my comment was just more pertaining to the BB/player directly on the right.

Agree with what you say about table selecting up and down stakes. When I'm table selecting I look for multiple tagged fish/loose CS at a particular table where they out number the regs. Would have liked better position but state of the game on Merge lol. My favorite table is to look for one where I can get someone tagged as an aggrodonk one or two seats to my right with in between seat either being a loose or tight passive. This was not my favorite position at a good table but best available at the time, would have looked to move seats if someone had left and no wait.

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Agree with what you say about table selecting up and down stakes. When I'm table selecting I look for multiple tagged fish/loose CS at a particular table where they out number the regs. Would have liked better position but state of the game on Merge lol. My favorite table is to look for one where I can get someone tagged as an aggrodonk one or two seats to my right with in between seat either being a loose or tight passive. This was not my favorite position at a good table but best available at the time, would have looked to move seats if someone had left and no wait.

Welcome to our humble forums Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

nyrugby

3 posts
Joined 07/2011

Welcome to our humble forums Smile

Thanks, glad to be here. Had a great time and learned alot doing this video with Bella

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Time Link to 00:13:44

i usually fold here preflop without a second thought.

i threw together an okay stove, starting with us, then the big blind, etc

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

10,472,063 games 21.421 secs 488,869 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 15.984% 15.09% 00.89% 1580684 93141.98 { 98o }
Hand 1: 15.893% 15.06% 00.84% 1576673 87654.23 { random }
Hand 2: 17.709% 16.44% 01.27% 1721251 133272.40 { 99-44, ATs-A2s, KJs-K2s, Q4s+, J6s+, T6s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, ATo-A2o, KJo-K6o, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o }
Hand 3: 30.744% 29.80% 00.95% 3120585 99015.15 { 66+, A7s+, K9s+, QJs, ATo+, KJo+, QJo }
Hand 4: 19.671% 18.64% 01.03% 1952497 107523.73 { 77-22, A7s-A2s, QTs, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, ATo, KTo-K9o, QTo+, JTo }

i don't think the offsuit connectors have that great playability. this is a bit below where i normally call. something like jto i'd call here, and i think t9o is close.

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

JTo hand right afterward i would definitely call, yes

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

this 2/5 blind structure slightly encourages us to tighten up in the SB imo. oh yeah you just mentioned merge high rake also, good point

Posted over 2 years ago

AmityDewey

363 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:40:04

I'm about 90% sure Shulin is a bot. If he's not, it would be awesome for him to come here and say he's not. You would think one of the few winning regs at .25/.50 would know about DeucesCracked and say "hai".

I have around 20k hands with him from my time at .25/.50. Another player and I let the timer run down every hand for 10 minutes and he never said a word. He has some exploitable leaks, wins but doesn't move up.

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

I'm about 90% sure Shulin is a bot. If he's not, it would be awesome for him to come here and say he's not. You would think one of the few winning regs at .25/.50 would know about DeucesCracked and say "hai".

I have around 20k hands with him from my time at .25/.50. Another player and I let the timer run down every hand for 10 minutes and he never said a word. He has some exploitable leaks, wins but doesn't move up.

This IMO. Glad I wasn't the only one...

Posted over 2 years ago

BaseMetal

2156 posts
Joined 01/2010

@ 22:30 the JTs hand from utg.

I would like to limp here, there are three very loose players who are also not that aggro to follow. If limped I would expect to get into a hand with probably 2 to 4 others (especially as they are the fishy ones) including the BB and wouldn't JTs be quite profitable here. An open raise may get reraised and cut out players so a limp looks good to me and as you say on a tight table an open raise may be good to widen your openings.
I wouldn't even mind an open raise that much here.

Posted over 2 years ago

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

@ 22:30 the JTs hand from utg.

I would like to limp here, there are three very loose players who are also not that aggro to follow. If limped I would expect to get into a hand with probably 2 to 4 others (especially as they are the fishy ones) including the BB and wouldn't JTs be quite profitable here. An open raise may get reraised and cut out players so a limp looks good to me and as you say on a tight table an open raise may be good to widen your openings.
I wouldn't even mind an open raise that much here.

In general, I never openlimp a hand. It serves various purposes
a) it keeps our range balanced
b) it thins out the field. Even when I say "this hand likes multiway action", I would love to have a hand heads-up or even have the opportunity to take the blinds.

On rare occasions you could argue for openlimps. However, I have found that these present themselves only on very loose passive FR tables in the early positions. E.g. on a table where you know it will be 5handed to the flop you could start to think about openlimping small pocket pairs for their implied value alone. JTs would also fit in this category. 6max, however.... I'd rather not - even though you have 3 loose passives to act behind you.

Definitely debatable... Smile especially against people that can't hand read!

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → STORM : Episode Two