Beginner Limit Hold'em Poker Forums

3-6 FR: Passive QQ with River Fold

or track by Email or RSS

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Villain is shaping up to be something of a Lag/Tag, maybe a bit too cally preflop, something like 23/15 (reminder this is 10 handed) w/ a reasonable 3-bet% over 60 hands or so. No other related reads at this point.

I like just calling preflop because ranges are already super narrow and capping doesn't really accomplish too much when I already have position. I like how I played the hand postflop, but wanted to post it to see how others felt.

Poker Stars $3/$6 Limit Hold'em - 10 players - View hand 1360433
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.333 SB) Hero is UTG+1 with Q Heart Q Club
1 fold, Hero raises, 6 folds, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls

Flop: (7 SB) J Diamond 6 Diamond T Heart (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls

Turn: (4.5 BB) 8 Club (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls

River: (6.5 BB) A Club (2 players)
SB bets, Hero folds

Final Pot: 6.5 BB

Posted almost 3 years ago

aaahshoveit

686 posts
Joined 09/2008

I'm guessing so long as your comfortable with the idea that he wouldn't 3bet stuff like KJ or KTs etc pre-f, which I agree would be stupid 10h when facing an open tighter and stronger then an utg 6 max open, then this seems great as you really beat nothing on the river apart from maybe pocket nines that turned itself into a bluff but that's asking a lot. So yeh I like it.
I was suprised you didn't raise the flop or turn when I first looked at the hand but I'm guessing in a 10h game on the turn the only hands we should expect to be ahead of in his range are AK, AQ (not many of those) and 99?

RedHot

692 posts
Joined 07/2009

I'm not sure what you mean when you say he is 'cally' preflop. Do you mean he cold calls in late position, perhaps - or that he defends his big blind widely? His range preflop is obviously really important for how we play the hand. I wonder if he is capable of 3 betting the likes of QJs?

I don't mind preflop, and I think capping would be OK too. I imagine he already has us on a tight range when we open in such early position. Don't really like folding on the river but I confess I don't see much we beat any more (depending on his preflop range). Even KQ has got there.

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → 3-6 FR: Passive QQ with River Fold