Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by BigBadBabar (Micro/Small Stakes)

Omakase LHE: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Omakase LHE: Episode Three by BigBadBabar

Sushiglutton sits down with BigBadBabar to discuss note taking. They cover the techniques behind note taking then each review a video of the other -- one-tabling while focusing on note-taking. Get your fingers on the home row keys!

About Omakase LHE Subscribe to

DC member sushiglutton gets coached by 7 different DC coaches (1 per week) and reviews all his coaching in the season finale.

Tags

sushiglutton omakase lhe ipod friendly powerpoint video review bigbadbabar $1/2

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Omakase LHE: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

I just wanted to add that on FTP for some stupid reason the automatic buy-in is set at 10BB. You have to manually change the default or always change it when you join a table. So 10BB buy-in at FTP, while suspicious and a good sign does not immediately mean that the player is an absolute fish.

Very nice vid on note-takind overall. I also have an addition like "your HUD is right" (or wrong), that basically just emphasizes my point. So if my HUD shows a really low AF, but it hasn't converged yet, it just helps me reinforce my "HUD-read".

Posted over 8 years ago

sushiglutton

2747 posts
Joined 11/2007

Props to both sushi and BBB. I'm really happy to finally have a BBB video and get to see him strut his stuff. Also, sushi, good work on the PowerPoint stuff. That was well done.

Thnx m8 Smile!

I have a few things to contribute on taking notes:

On both Stars and Tilt you can double click on any player's name, which brings up the notes screen. This is generally easier and faster than right clicking and selecting the Notes option.

Great tip! Had no clue. One of those tiny tips that are so simple but that I will use literally thousands of time.

To me all flops are either r, t, or m. R is rainbow (three different suits), t is two-tone (e.g., 9Heart4Heart3Club), and m is mono-tone (all cards of the same suit). All subsequent cards are either s (suited) or o (offsuit). This system works pretty well with the only real weakness being the difficulty in describing backdoor flushes (e.g., the two-tone flop above if running Clubs hit or a rainbow flop like KSpade8Diamond2Club that then comes running Diamonds).

Good stuff. Angelo inspired?

Posted over 8 years ago

sushiglutton

2747 posts
Joined 11/2007

Thats good points Bellatrix. I think I remember you from 2+2. Correct?

Posted over 8 years ago

Entity

8663 posts
Joined 11/2006

chocolate rainnnnn

<---- sad that Pygmy didn't get the reference. Frown

Posted over 8 years ago

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

Thats good points Bellatrix. I think I remember you from 2+2. Correct?

yep, that's me!

Posted over 8 years ago

PygmyHero

4246 posts
Joined 08/2007

Good stuff. Angelo inspired?

Yep! Thanks Tommy!

Posted over 8 years ago

PygmyHero

4246 posts
Joined 08/2007

<---- sad that Pygmy didn't get the reference. Frown

Level, right? I for sure got the reference. Only now every time I think of chocolate rain I picture the South Park episode instead of the original video.

Posted over 8 years ago

motienko

2113 posts
Joined 03/2008

Something I do is to review hands played by some of my tougher regular opponents on Poker Tracker. I will take notes and then get on Poker Stars and click on that player and input the information. The first paragragh of notes that I put in is more of a synopsis of how the person plays. Then I add the detailed notes followed by what I believe would be the best strategic adjustments.

Great video.

Posted about 8 years ago

motienko

2113 posts
Joined 03/2008

65 min in you have 8t and the flop comes JTT and you mention that you may CR some rivers. I am curious what river cards would you choose to do this with and why?

Posted about 8 years ago

endo77

51 posts
Joined 07/2010

great to know, thanks! i had no idea about that kinda stuff Smile

I thought I heard you mention you cant take notes other than seeing them at the table BECAUSE YOU USE PT.... In PT you can search for the player in the general tab and there's a small notes window top left

Posted almost 7 years ago

sailor525

0 posts
Joined 02/2016

At 0:27:53 Flop QHeart T:spade 4Heart you at BB fold on flop right away to Button's c-bet. Given the pot offers 5.5 :1, even against a tight Button's open you have enough equity to call. No?

At 1:16:28 The note you took regarding "shesaysiamcrazy": "open kqo in sb, i 3b a6 in bb, he cd 2 streets ui on lowcard board" Just curious how useful the info is...can you elaborate on it of how to use?

Posted 5 months ago

BigBadBabar

4559 posts
Joined 03/2007

At 0:27:53 Flop QHeart T:spade 4Heart you at BB fold on flop right away to Button's c-bet. Given the pot offers 5.5 :1, even against a tight Button's open you have enough equity to call. No?

At 1:16:28 The note you took regarding "shesaysiamcrazy": "open kqo in sb, i 3b a6 in bb, he cd 2 streets ui on lowcard board" Just curious how useful the info is...can you elaborate on it of how to use?

with the A7o on the QT4 it's not a very good board for us. and we might have the correct pot odds and equity to call right away, if he's cbetting his entire opening range, but we're going to have a difficult time proceeding on lots of turn and river cards - it's hard to play a guessing game out of position vs a decent opponent in a small pot. i have no problem just folding right away here. peeling isn't bad by any means - probably somewhere between neutral and a small mistake

note on shesaysimcrazy...i would assume i was noticing that the guy called flop and turn with just king high...certainly not a terrible play in and of itself...it might fit into a pattern of the guy making lots of loose peels, in which case i might be value betting him more thinly in the future, and bluffing less often, or taking more free cards in position - something like that

Posted 5 months ago

BigBadBabar

4559 posts
Joined 03/2007

with the A7o on the QT4 it's not a very good board for us. and we might have the correct pot odds and equity to call right away, if he's cbetting his entire opening range, but we're going to have a difficult time proceeding on lots of turn and river cards - it's hard to play a guessing game out of position vs a decent opponent in a small pot. i have no problem just folding right away here. peeling isn't bad by any means - probably somewhere between neutral and a small mistake

note on shesaysimcrazy...i would assume i was noticing that the guy called flop and turn with just king high...certainly not a terrible play in and of itself...it might fit into a pattern of the guy making lots of loose peels, in which case i might be value betting him more thinly in the future, and bluffing less often, or taking more free cards in position - something like that

Posted 5 months ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → Omakase LHE : Episode Three