General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Slowhabit's book $1800

or track by Email or RSS

WhiteHeatSYD

Real Life Grinder
847 posts
Joined 09/2007

Has anyone seen it? Read it? It seems a lot to pay for a book about poker? Would be interested what the pro/coaches on the site think.

http://dailyvariance.com/index.php/Poker-Coaching/Book.html

Obviously I can't afford it, it is more out of curiosity.....

Posted about 6 years ago

simonpoker

1221 posts
Joined 02/2008

I don't think its worth the money, not because of the content but because you can get much more for that money by coaching and video sites.

Posted about 6 years ago

this better be g

164 posts
Joined 07/2008

wtf you pay 1800 and don't know shit about what you get

Posted about 6 years ago

pentazepam

10 posts
Joined 01/2008

I just do not think that in a game that the most important thing is to read and adapt to your opponents style you can teach some concepts that crush midstakes in a 100 page e-book. And if so why wold not every mainstream poker writer incorporate this things in their next NL holdem book with their own spin on it.

Maybe DC can write some e-books for the members with all the key concepts from the videos in a concentrated form for those who do not have time to watch everything in video format. One for every form of holdem for me thanks. It would probably not take more time than a video series if you do it in plain text.

Posted about 6 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

I would love to read a review, Cole is the best 6max NL player ever by far IMO.

Posted about 6 years ago

Mrrpb

332 posts
Joined 08/2008

I would love to read a review, Cole is the best 6max NL player ever by far IMO.

Buy me a copy and I'll review it for you?

Posted about 6 years ago

Malefiicus

1029 posts
Joined 03/2008

There's a few pages posted here. Haven't read a bad review of it yet.

Posted about 6 years ago

Xials

19 posts
Joined 03/2008

Guys,

I did the editing and graphic layout for the book and am one of Tri's students. I'd be happy to answer most questions about it. Smile

Posted about 6 years ago

AMT

2036 posts
Joined 01/2008

Guys,

I did the editing and graphic layout for the book and am one of Tri's students. I'd be happy to answer most questions about it. Smile

Tri called me last night to ask me where the chipotle was on The Strip in Vegas. Are directions to said chipotle included in the book?

edit: also, what did you think of the book? Smile

Posted about 6 years ago

Xials

19 posts
Joined 03/2008

There are a lot of reviews in the first ~6 pages (assuming 10 posts/page) of SlowHabit's thread. I'm hesitant to post any directly here as they're all extraordinarily positive and might read like an ad!

I'd have no problems posting thoughts on my game both before and after working with Tri and his book if there's interest.

Posted about 6 years ago

Manchild

1454 posts
Joined 01/2008

I'd have no problems posting thoughts on my game both before and after working with Tri and his book if there's interest.

As someone who is considering buying the book, this would be of interest to me for sure

Posted about 6 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

Guys,

How much of it is written by Cole? By written I mean his original work, not editing/revisions of SlowHabit's first version.

Posted about 6 years ago

improva

3892 posts
Joined 02/2008

Hielko

4408 posts
Joined 07/2008

I find it hard to believe that this book is so exceptionally good that it's worth 1800$. I would be really suprised to see stuff in there that hasn't previously been covered in a book or some vid on cr/dc/something else.

Posted about 6 years ago

Mrrpb

332 posts
Joined 08/2008

I find it hard to believe that this book is so exceptionally good that it's worth 1800$.

What do you make of the Memoirs of AeJones being 5k so?

Posted about 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → Slowhabit's book $1800