Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by BalugaWhale (Micro/Small Stakes)

Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Two by BalugaWhale

More Kristy and more BalugaWhale as they discuss strategy on the later streets.

About Coaching Kristy 2 Subscribe to

BalugaWhale and Kristy Arnett are back for another round of small-stakes escapades. What has Kristy learned in her time away from the elusive white whale?

Tags

balugawhale kristy coaching kristy 2 4-tabling small-stakes 100nl 100 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 71 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Coaching Kristy 2: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

Branch10

620 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:04:43

88 hand on table 2 - Could you explain why you prefer 3-betting to calling? I think 88 is definitely strong enough hand to flat and it plays better in single raised pot, basically now when you're 3-betting stuff like 88 it's really hard for you to have strong hands on let's say Q98s flop so it's quite easy to play against you. 3-betting something like 55 I think is much better because it's not really strong enough to flat OOP.

Posted over 3 years ago

mnml

13 posts
Joined 03/2011

Time Link to 00:07:56

Why are we betting the 99 hand on the turn in the lower down table? I dont really think he will call with worse hands or that he will fold better hands. The most time he has some Ax Kx Qx type hand I think. Are we just betting to get him to fold his equity share?

Posted over 3 years ago

scott405

259 posts
Joined 01/2011

this video doesnt play clearly for me. I cant see it.

Posted over 3 years ago

mnml

13 posts
Joined 03/2011

Time Link to 00:24:13

What would you have done on the upper right if the guy bets the river. Lets say 1/2 to 2/3 pot?

Posted over 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

RavenBB

5 posts
Joined 06/2010

BalugaWhale

1115 posts
Joined 01/2008

88 hand on table 2 - Could you explain why you prefer 3-betting to calling? I think 88 is definitely strong enough hand to flat and it plays better in single raised pot, basically now when you're 3-betting stuff like 88 it's really hard for you to have strong hands on let's say Q98s flop so it's quite easy to play against you. 3-betting something like 55 I think is much better because it's not really strong enough to flat OOP.

1) 88 is much closer to 66 than TT in terms of equity vs a range
2) its plenty easy for me to have strong hands on Q98s flops, esp since i'm likely to be flatting AQ vs a lot of opponents.

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1115 posts
Joined 01/2008

Why are we betting the 99 hand on the turn in the lower down table? I dont really think he will call with worse hands or that he will fold better hands. The most time he has some Ax Kx Qx type hand I think. Are we just betting to get him to fold his equity share?

yeah, and maybe a smidge of thin value. the guy was a fish, I think he never has a better hand than us, he never bluffs us later, i think 14 was probably too big though. 10 seems better, maybe even like 8.

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

BalugaWhale

1115 posts
Joined 01/2008

What would you have done on the upper right if the guy bets the river. Lets say 1/2 to 2/3 pot?

if he donks the river i'm snap-calling

Andrew

Posted over 3 years ago

scott405

259 posts
Joined 01/2011

everyone just skipped over my post....im a paying member why cant i get the video to play clearly?????

Posted over 3 years ago

MunEZ

9 posts
Joined 01/2011

everyone just skipped over my post....im a paying member why cant i get the video to play clearly?????

scott405, there's a link on the right, below the video, you can download it and try to open from your PC. There could be an issue with your flash player that prevents you from watching directly in the browser.

Posted over 3 years ago

Stu_Ungar

57 posts
Joined 11/2010

It does play, we have all watched it!

It could well be your codecs. Try downloading and installing the latest K-lite codec pack

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Posted over 3 years ago

scott405

259 posts
Joined 01/2011

i know it plays lol just cant see anything. Thank you for your help i will try that.

Posted over 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → Coaching Kristy 2 : Episode Two