Poker Video: Pot-Limit Omaha by DJ Sensei (Micro/Small Stakes)

Return of the G: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Return of the G: Episode Six by DJ Sensei

DJ Sensei continues with the PLO hand reviews.

About Return of the G Subscribe to

DJ Sensei makes his post-blackfriday return to the virtual felt, taking on all comers at small-stakes PLO. In this series he'll analyze a variety of situations against a range of typical opponents, teaching you how to squeeze extra chips out of any villain.

Tags

dj sensei return of the g pot limit omaha plo hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: plo
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 65 minutes long
  • Posted about 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Return of the G: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

FlamingMoe86

550 posts
Joined 04/2008

very solid episode overall, good explanations of your thought process and interesting topics!

would be cool if u can check out Ep 3, I posted a couple of questions there

Posted about 2 years ago

Manchild

1454 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:11:03

Would you be continuing with this turn plan / turn raise if you didn't pick up the BD NFD?

Posted about 2 years ago

DJ Sensei

3281 posts
Joined 10/2007

Would you be continuing with this turn plan / turn raise if you didn't pick up the BD NFD?

I'd like to have some sort of improvement, because I don't want to get called by draws that are actually way ahead of me. But it still works well enough on most cards that don't change the nuts because we very clearly rep the nuts and charge him the max price for it.

Posted about 2 years ago

StraitBizness

817 posts
Joined 04/2011

I'd like to have some sort of improvement, because I don't want to get called by draws that are actually way ahead of me. But it still works well enough on most cards that don't change the nuts because we very clearly rep the nuts and charge him the max price for it.

If you were calculating this in a FE calculation, you would use $91 and not $72 correct? Because isn't that essentially what we are risking?

Could you help me out a bit please tell me what you think villain's calling range is here? I plugged in a range that came out to 30% equity for us.

So if we do the calc with 30% equity and $91, I calc'ed this needs to work about 61% of the time as a BEP? How often do you think villain will fold in the first example BVB?

Posted about 2 years ago

DJ Sensei

3281 posts
Joined 10/2007

If you were calculating this in a FE calculation, you would use $91 and not $72 correct? Because isn't that essentially what we are risking?

Yup, that's right.

Could you help me out a bit please tell me what you think villain's calling range is here? I plugged in a range that came out to 30% equity for us.

He'll need either a made straight or a combo draw strong enough to stack off against a probable made straight. Unfortunately it is pretty tough to turn that into a range that you can easily plug into PPT...

So if we do the calc with 30% equity and $91, I calc'ed this needs to work about 61% of the time as a BEP? How often do you think villain will fold in the first example BVB?

Well I expect him to fold at least that much, in a vacuum. The most important read I could have going in would be a betsizing tell, since he has pot-pot-pot so far, but this is one of the situations where pot-pot-pot doesn't necessarily tell us a whole lot.

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → Return of the G : Episode Six