Full Ring No Limit Poker Forums

Is it wrong?

or track by Email or RSS

micsquab

750 posts
Joined 09/2010

To call a utg raise who is deep, and a mp call who is also deep with 22 from the bb when you know utg has a hand that crushes you pre? The only reason why I call was because they were both deep. Utg open 6x 12 dollars mp called 12, bb call 10. And yes I did flop a set and stacked a very pissed off utg guy. But was I fundamentally wrong here? Thanks.

Posted about 2 years ago

MI5 Mark

2044 posts
Joined 06/2011

170+BB I would call but the danger is reversed implied odds, set over set is tough to spot sometimes but not all times.

Posted about 2 years ago

Deets

594 posts
Joined 11/2010

The problem nits have is that when they play aggressively with their mega-strong range they're really vulnerable to being totally value-owned by someone who flops a bit better. They don't have the weakness in their range that makes playing low equity hands unprofitable against looser players.

Same with this UTG, he telegraphs a really strong hand which is like putting up the winnings on the lottery, everyone plays.

Posted about 2 years ago

UU!I.I.4AAUU35

1585 posts
Joined 07/2010

Good call, nh. Obviously a live hand, so I especially like the call. If someone gets mad at your correct play that they erroneously perceive as bad, just say, "I'm still learning how to play." Which hopefully is the literal truth, while on the face of it will be construed to mean you are a beginner. And, simultaneously diffuse the hostility. When he starts lecturing just ask for more advice like "thanks for the tip, so I should fold that hand?" Get him to elaborate on his strategy while feeding his ego. Whatever you do dont argue or justify your play in this situation.

Posted about 2 years ago

micsquab

750 posts
Joined 09/2010

Thanks. I think my play is +EV if I know one or both (UTG, MP) are going to stack off when I do hit. If the play was against some skillful players the play might be -EV cause they will know something is up when you check call otf, then raise ai ott. Plus you have to float otf or fold a ton ott if you don't hit. But you are right sometimes they flop huge with you and you loose. A lot of live players just cant fold over pair to the board no matter what. In this particular hand UTG had JJ on a 8237K sss board I put him in ott. He started talking out loud to himself ott, and said "what you got 72? 33? 88? 87? 22? oh well I call". "Whatever nice hand @##$$ ridiculous keep playing this game like its 2/5"! Then to make matters even worse some dude in seat 5 said out loud while laughing "deuces never looses".

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Is it wrong?