Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by threads13 (Micro/Small Stakes)

Teaching Tommy: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Teaching Tommy: Episode Two by threads13

Threads13 returns with Tommy and they continue to discuss the second half of Tommy's video from last week which includes both 6max and full ring.

About Teaching Tommy Subscribe to

Tom is a solid poker player who has been struggling with his game lately. Watch as threads13 and Tom study together to improve Tom's game and get him back in the green!

Tags

threads13 teaching tommy full ring frnlhe 100nl 100 nl 6max

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Teaching Tommy: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

FarizAA

1 posts
Joined 12/2009

Can't download.

his XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

−
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>C6DCB8C426429E4B</RequestId>
−
<HostId>
Bt7cknxprki4kl1Kt+c+LMczfd1Fv2ziartxrouylLc7GPWxiec1DuCRjS5lBSS+
</HostId>
</Error>

Posted almost 4 years ago

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

Can't download.

his XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

−
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>C6DCB8C426429E4B</RequestId>
−
<HostId>
Bt7cknxprki4kl1Kt+c+LMczfd1Fv2ziartxrouylLc7GPWxiec1DuCRjS5lBSS+
</HostId>
</Error>

Amazons S3 servers are down (where we host our videos), please be patient.

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:40:48

The cbet here with AK on the 874tt board seems a bit loose to me with 2 players on a FR table, unless they're both really tight and fold to a lot of cbets. You're just going to have a hard time continuing unless you get a great turn card. If you had the ADiamond instead of the KDiamond I probably like it better. With the KDiamond you can get into a lot of ROI spots on the turn.

What do you think? Is it too weak to just c/fold here with AKo, considering half the deck is a bad card on the turn?

Icehockeyplyr

279 posts
Joined 08/2009

Time Link to 00:01:53

I would like to thank you for going in to great detail about these type of hands and calling with them OP. I have been trying to work on this part of my game and its good hear it brought up to refresh my focus.

QuadDeuces

1572 posts
Joined 09/2008

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

I'm still getting the XML error.

Our video host, Amazon S3, is having issues, please be patient and look for updates in the yellow box on your dashboard.

Streaming videos work fine! Check out our interactive Flash Player, watch this short video: http://www.deucescracked.com/videos/1231-Introduction-to-the-DeucesCracked-Interactive-Flash-Player

threads13

2464 posts
Joined 03/2008

The cbet here with AK on the 874tt board seems a bit loose to me with 2 players on a FR table, unless they're both really tight and fold to a lot of cbets. You're just going to have a hard time continuing unless you get a great turn card. If you had the ADiamond instead of the KDiamond I probably like it better. With the KDiamond you can get into a lot of ROI spots on the turn.

What do you think? Is it too weak to just c/fold here with AKo, considering half the deck is a bad card on the turn?

Agreed. I think it's a bit too loose to bet 3-ways. I'd be ok with it given we have a BDFD if it were HU.

UU!I.I.4AAUU35

1762 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:27:13

0:27:13
With reference to table 1, is this a standard open(ATs) from early-mid position in full ring, or is this too loose, and is folding here too tight?
What about ATo from this position?

UU!I.I.4AAUU35

1762 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:27:45

Okay, is folding Kings here even an option, I mean the villain is repping aces, right? I'm talking about the hand on table 4.

threads13

2464 posts
Joined 03/2008

0:27:13
With reference to table 1, is this a standard open(ATs) from early-mid position in full ring, or is this too loose, and is folding here too tight?
What about ATo from this position?

I think it's pretty standard. ATs is a much better hand than ATo. The reason why is because it has much more playability post-flop due to being suited (more FD's and backdoor draws that allow you to continue to be aggressive on the turn and river). I typically don't open ATo until much later unless there is a loose player I want to isolate in the blinds in which case I'll open it in EP.

threads13

2464 posts
Joined 03/2008

Okay, is folding Kings here even an option, I mean the villain is repping aces, right? I'm talking about the hand on table 4.

Absolutely can't fold KK here. This player looks quite loose and bad, in addition to this being a blind steal situation, so he can show up some stuff like QQ/AQ/AK.

PokerNun

366 posts
Joined 08/2010

So I'm watching all these videos years later. Hope you don't mind more questions about them Smile

0:15:40
Wouldn't you rather 3bet offsuit broadways that have blockers and play better with low SPRs? Or because he's a TAG, SCs are better since he's easier to bluff post-flop? If he was a fish, offsuit broadways are better?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

2464 posts
Joined 03/2008

So I'm watching all these videos years later. Hope you don't mind more questions about them Smile

0:15:40
Wouldn't you rather 3bet offsuit broadways that have blockers and play better with low SPRs? Or because he's a TAG, SCs are better since he's easier to bluff post-flop? If he was a fish, offsuit broadways are better?

Yeah, the offsuit broadways are better in both instances... it's just an old video. Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

PokerNun

366 posts
Joined 08/2010

Yeah, the offsuit broadways are better in both instances... it's just an old video. Smile

lol! I guess I have to start watching your newer stuff Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Teaching Tommy : Episode Two