Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by RapidEvolution (Micro/Small Stakes)

Full Ring Binder: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Full Ring Binder: Episode Two by RapidEvolution

RapidEvolution and his student return to cover a few more topics before we hit the tables, including table selection, online versus live play, and other handy things.

About Full Ring Binder Subscribe to

RapidEvolution’s Full Ring Binder covers everything from the Fundamental Theorem of Poker to pot odds and postflop play.

Tags

rapidevolution full ring binder powerpoint ipod friendly table selection

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 73 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Full Ring Binder: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

Wow! I'm on my way. My stats are:

Vp 16.4
PFR 11.1
AF 2.99
WTSD 21.7

Does this mean I should just skip these videos???

That's for you to decide. Smile I will say, however, that it's possible to have nice-looking numbers and still have a ton of leaks. The best players are the ones who are not only solid theory and application-wise, but are also constantly re-evaluating their game and making adjustments to their own mindsets, metagame, and adjustments other regs are making. I recommend watching as many videos as possible here. Smile There is a ton of great content on this site and lots to learn from the coaches here.

Posted over 4 years ago

Poker Student

64 posts
Joined 04/2010

Will It can't hurt to watch them so I'll keep going. I have been playing for a while.

I'm working on the following:

Bet sizes to maximize my EV post flop with good hands.

I have been studing betting lines and SPR.

Rangeing people post flop.

Knowing if your ahead or behind that range.

3 betting and 4 betting preflop.

Post flop skills.

Reading the board better.

Any videos you think I should watch?

Posted over 4 years ago

Pupp3tMast3r

287 posts
Joined 04/2010

I'm working on my poker game too Poker Student, but I don't need 14 lines of text to say that Smile

Posted over 4 years ago

Poker Student

64 posts
Joined 04/2010

So,
I made a list. whats your point? Looks more like ten lines to me. If you don't like it then don't read it instead of crying about it.

Posted over 4 years ago

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

I definitely recommend any full-ring content (i.e., FR Squadron, the fellowship of the ring, twee bets) it's all really good. There's definitely amazing content in the 6m category as well, but some of the concepts may not translate over perfectly. The theory stuff generally does, though. Smile

Posted over 4 years ago

Poker Student

64 posts
Joined 04/2010

I definitely recommend any full-ring content (i.e., FR Squadron, the fellowship of the ring, twee bets) it's all really good. There's definitely amazing content in the 6m category as well, but some of the concepts may not translate over perfectly. The theory stuff generally does, though. Smile

I'm on your 6th video right now. I have also been watching twee bets as well. I posted a ? on your 6th video.

Thanks

Posted over 4 years ago

Elzibab

36 posts
Joined 04/2010

I’m new to DC and just started watching this series; just wanted to say really liked the analysis of player stats and adjustments on how to play against certain types of players, really handy for someone new to cash and HUDs.

Cheers

Elz

Posted over 4 years ago

TigerSpider

4 posts
Joined 10/2009

Time Link to 00:04:20

now I'm picturing her in her tank top and shorts... Smile

Posted about 4 years ago

JanLul79

21 posts
Joined 08/2010

Good video, I hadn't tought of WTSD % being so informative, especially the relation with VPIP/PFR.
Btw, in the end you said RapidEvolution for twoplustwo, is that a mistake or am I missing something?

Posted about 4 years ago

luckygoose

3 posts
Joined 08/2010

Time Link to 00:52:34

What is the maximum value for each factor?

VPIP/PFR/AF/Fcbet/WtSD

I don't know the maximum value for each factor so I don't know how to compare.

Thanks

Posted about 4 years ago

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

What is the maximum value for each factor?

VPIP/PFR/AF/Fcbet/WtSD

I don't know the maximum value for each factor so I don't know how to compare.

Thanks

All of these (with the exception of AF) is a percentage...so the max is 100.

Posted about 4 years ago

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

Good video, I hadn't tought of WTSD % being so informative, especially the relation with VPIP/PFR.
Btw, in the end you said RapidEvolution for twoplustwo, is that a mistake or am I missing something?

lol verbal typo.

Posted about 4 years ago

Isac

1646 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:46:41

How many hands both preflop and flop, do you think is needed for the WTSD to converge in full ring ?

When can we start rely on this stat, in your opinion?

Posted about 4 years ago

RapidEvolution

312 posts
Joined 06/2008

How many hands both preflop and flop, do you think is needed for the WTSD to converge in full ring ?

When can we start rely on this stat, in your opinion?

I think you can start to get a feel after 500 hands or so, unless their % is really high (in which case, it'll become clearer faster). Also, you want to look at WTSD in the context of vpip/pfr. I do think, though, that if you're going to use WTSD as a consideration when launching a big bluff, then you want at least 1k hands (and even then, there may not have been a chance for the opponent to make any light calls).

Posted about 4 years ago

fivecardarmy

24 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 01:03:21

I am often conflicted when given the option to sit on the left side of a really bad player if it means giving a really good player position on me vs. choosing to sit to the left of the good player and giving up position to the bad player. How would you prioritze these choices?

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsFull Ring No Limit → Full Ring Binder : Episode Two