Poker Video: MTT by YugiohPro (Mid Stakes)

MTT: Jjyykk (#5) - Varying MTTs and Structures

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

MTT: Jjyykk (#5) - Varying MTTs and Structures by YugiohPro

Jjyykk talks about 4 different MTTs he played in simultaneously and the varying structures.

About MTT Subscribe to

For all those moments when you are sitting down to an event with more than 9 players our Instructors help you with the decisions to cull out the weak and make the final table.

Tags

mtt jjyykk 4-tabling video review

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 59 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for MTT: Jjyykk (#5) - Varying MTTs and Structures

or track by Email or RSS

jaimestaples

1438 posts
Joined 08/2010

Time Link to 00:50:30

What do you think your range is for overshipping is in the bottom left? I think against those guys i would be like 77 plus and mabey AJ suited but prolly AQ? being that its presumibly the 3R back when it was 60k your edge is most likely huge so i dont know how much that affects your range there.

Posted about 3 years ago

jaimestaples

1438 posts
Joined 08/2010

once again. this vid is the nutz! keep them coming man my favorite vids on the web for sure Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

Hey guys, thanks for the positive feedback. It will really motivate me to keep producing fresh and steamy content.

I have received a lot of your PMs about the HEM configuration. I have uploaded it to the DC servers and it the download link will be released with my next video I believe. It's a DC Short on maximizing usage out of Hold'em Manager HUD stats for MTT/SNGs.

Jaime: I think it's actually nitty for me to fold ATs there and it's like the exact very bottom of my range that I would fold. Probably going with something like 99/AQo/AJs but I haven't modeled that exact spot. Limpers always complicate the matter, especially when they limp very trappy stack sizes (it's almost impossible to model an unknown's limping range UTG with 16bb for example).

One thing I will say is I played pretty nitty in some of this footage, though nitty is sometimes correct (like in the 162 final table). I'll probably open my game up quite a bit when I return to the ONLINE POKAH FELT soon.

Posted about 3 years ago

rrumsey

5813 posts
Joined 06/2010

One thing I will say is I played pretty nitty in some of this footage, though nitty is sometimes correct (like in the 162 final table). I'll probably open my game up quite a bit when I return to the ONLINE POKAH FELT soon.

cool, i think you play and thoughts are good but im really hoping to see some examples of more LAG play. Seems to be a common theme that most people seem to be playing pretty tight when they are recording. Wonder if knowing your recording makes you feel like your playing a tad tighter?

Posted about 3 years ago

Penny_Black

1 posts
Joined 01/2011

Hey, good vid. do you have a second part to this? With the conclusions etc?

Posted about 3 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

cool, i think you play and thoughts are good but im really hoping to see some examples of more LAG play. Seems to be a common theme that most people seem to be playing pretty tight when they are recording. Wonder if knowing your recording makes you feel like your playing a tad tighter?

I think it's a few issues. Generally if you're doing live commentary, it makes you more autopilotey with the actual action since you have to think of what to say next. I don't really have that excuse for this footage though since I shot it first and then did commentary. But I did have two final tables, or deep tournaments, running concurrently so it's hard to focus on the other tournaments. This is a definite leak but also somewhat unavoidable to some extent.

I also think I was a bit tight in general a few months ago. It's generally good and optimal to be tight due to stack size problems and getting more credit when making moves. But I would play some spots differently.

Penny: I don't have a second part, unfortunately. This is a stand-alone video. I'll make sure the next series I do has a fulfilling conclusion like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

Posted about 3 years ago

jaimestaples

1438 posts
Joined 08/2010

I'll make sure the next series I do has a fulfilling conclusion like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

rrumsey

5813 posts
Joined 06/2010

i think its interesting to see how self critical you are, and frankly i like it. Shows your still working extremely hard on your game!

Posted about 3 years ago

co-Bor

6 posts
Joined 08/2011

Time Link to 00:06:41

Can you tell me more about the way you mark players by colours (with custom labels)? I tried a couple things but nothing realy stuck... Thx in advance!

Posted almost 3 years ago

Wizard-50

17 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:16:41

If he is going to 4b jam that wide then why can't we just 3b/c for value? I'm not great at ICM but if he's as wide as any suited ace, all pairs, and broadways then my intuition tells me there's enough equity to go with despite the ICM considerations.

Posted almost 3 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

Can you tell me more about the way you mark players by colours (with custom labels)? I tried a couple things but nothing realy stuck... Thx in advance!

Sorry for the late response to this. I use this color scheme

Default (yellow)- no reads, just notes
Light blue- marginal winner
Orange- losing/weak regular
Green- fish
Dark blue- good winner
Red- the illest

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

497 posts
Joined 02/2009

If he is going to 4b jam that wide then why can't we just 3b/c for value? I'm not great at ICM but if he's as wide as any suited ace, all pairs, and broadways then my intuition tells me there's enough equity to go with despite the ICM considerations.

I think 3b/c could be decent with hands like strong pairs but with the 47k stack, it would be really bad to get in most unpaired hands in this spot especially with such great pot odds and implied odds.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → MTT : Jjyykk (#5) - Varying MTTs and Structures