Tournament Poker Poker Forums

Sharkscope ability?

or track by Email or RSS

Saxby

111 posts
Joined 12/2008

Have you seen that Sharkscope has a new ability rating.

I'm currently a 59/100.

I thought I was at least a 62....

Posted almost 5 years ago

M.Rhodes

59 posts
Joined 03/2009

I'm not sure how accurate it is to be fair - I am in the middle of a huge downswing (just moved over to HU sng's to compose myself!) and my rating has gone from 74 down to 51 in 2 days!

Shocking!!!

Saxby

111 posts
Joined 12/2008

I'm not sure how accurate it is to be fair - I am in the middle of a huge downswing (just moved over to HU sng's to compose myself!) and my rating has gone from 74 down to 51 in 2 days!

Shocking!!!

I wonder how they calculate it?

sohoskiracer

736 posts
Joined 10/2008

Looks like its closely related to ROi, I have a 6 rating and a 6% ROI, people should post theres so we can hopefully figure it out

My avg ROI is actually exactly 6.3%

Saxby

111 posts
Joined 12/2008

Looks like its closely related to ROi, I have a 6 rating and a 6% ROI, people should post theres so we can hopefully figure it out

My avg ROI is actually exactly 6.3%

Dunnow. A friend of mine isn't so good at poker and has a rating of 50.

Can't remember my roi. Something like 4% .

Jafeeio

127 posts
Joined 02/2009

6 rating sounds really low, most that I have seen had 50+, even a guy that I know who plays at -9% roi over 1,3k sngs has a 53 rating.

But for comparison:

1,1k sngs @ 16% roi gives me a 68
1,9k sngs @ 4% roi gives me a 62

TheSaladFork

2 posts
Joined 11/2007

According to the forum on Sharkscope.com, it's supposed to the skill of opponents into accound (ie. higher buyin = tougher opponents), therefore a person who is a slight loser at higher buyins will have a higher rating than a slight winner at lower buyins. They won't give out the formula, so for all we know, Sharkscope subscribers could have higher ratings.

HotDiggy1121

388 posts
Joined 05/2009

I wouldnt put much weight into it. I think it puts a lot of emphasis on the stakes - the theory being better players at higher stakes - which isn't necessarily true. Looks like I'm an 80. Don;t think Sklansky will be replacing ROI with the Sharkscope Ability rating as a metric of success any time soon Smile

AMT

2036 posts
Joined 01/2008

Agree with HotDiggy; looks cool and might be fun to track from time to time, but I really wouldn't put too much faith into it in terms of an accurate measure of playing abilities as it relates to most.

classick

68 posts
Joined 01/2009

<-- 67 rating at 600 sng's played w/ 27% av. ROI

but I'm low stakes, so it makes sense I guess(?) But I certainly agree that you can't put much stock in it, especially if no one knows for sure how it's calculated.

doc.lemon

1810 posts
Joined 07/2009

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → Sharkscope ability?