Member Videos Poker Forums

10NL 1-2 tables no commentary my first vid :)

or track by Email or RSS

Sinned

94 posts
Joined 06/2011

Hi All,

This is my first video I post looking for any kind of feed-back on my play.
I startout on 1 table finding a fishy guy on my right who calls me down with a set of Aces (not in the video) then I end up chasing him all over stars and try to get some more of his chips. Im playing him IP and OOP playing loose and tight as I think needed on different tables.

Any comment is welcome.

Thanks in advance

http://membervideos.deucescracked.com/Sinned/14012/10NL6M_1.mp4

Posted almost 3 years ago

Sinned

94 posts
Joined 06/2011

Better Quality Video Link
I saw the encoding of the mp4 was terrible so I uploaded a new one thats good.

Zialum

489 posts
Joined 10/2009

I'm playing the same limits but on Merge so take that for what it's worth. Thought you were very solid, wouldn't mind talking to you on Skype about hands in the future if you want to add me.

Zialum

489 posts
Joined 10/2009

Oh yeah, almost forgot Wink

like the stickies, always tell myself I'm going to do that but never do.

2:11 Do you have a reason for betting 2.5x or is that just your standard?

3:02 Hand:33 You need a really good reason to not be raising when sb open completes. I even raise 26o in that spot, they fold or check fold soooooo much on the flop. If they don't make a note of it and adjust. Rest of hand is just kind of shitty, I think there might be merit to making a stab on the flop but I probably just play it the same way

3:43 Not a bad spot to 3bet bluff

4:09 Like the flat with AK and no reason not to check it down. I don't like the 2.5x open, if you are getting 3bet a ton or there are short stacks then ok but I think 3x is better.

Like the notes you are taking

7:13 You increase your raise size to .35 because he has a high FST, but his 3bet is 18 and such a large raise makes him 3betting you light more profitable. Here is the spot where I might reduce it to .25. Also my stealing range here is any two painted, most any two suited most 1 gappers and pps

For the record, since there are so many bad players at 10NL, my typical opens are 4x from EP, MP and CO and 3X from BTN SB, not sure if its optimal, but works for me

10:00 nh 77

11:00 nh KK

12:05 I'd go ahead and join the waiting list, maybe we get to sit on his left in that game too, if not oh well don't join

13:45 As I said earlier, raise sb limper. Otherwise, nice job going for 3 streets

14:30 Great squeeze spot if we had a better hand. Love it when the fish is the second to act so tag fold and fish call a lot. I even squeeze A5 and 57s there

20:49 I raise the K9 to isolate him

22:11 55 interesting hand. Probably worth a post in the forums. VS two good players I love the squeeze, it will be really easy to play postflop if we get called, low flop we bet for value, big flop we are done, set we dance, but with him in the sb he is going to be calling a lot with random stuff I think you are better off just calling. On his donk, it is so small I would raise, but folding is probably better I mean, that isn't how we are going to be taking his money so... yeah I guess fold

23:45 Nice join that waiting list Smile

24:00 standard

25:15 lol ship it WEEEEEEEEEE

30:45 On the turn, I think that is too thin. If we had KQ or even KJ sure though. River is ehhhhh, Just bet smaller I think, it is super thin, probably just check/fold

32:36 KT hand, Cbet wouldn't be horrible here. nh

34:00 Right side, definitely a great squeeze spot if you want it

34:33 KK booooooooooo call us!

34:45 A9, Initial reaction: I guess if he is calling us that light turn bet is good, but I just check it back. But actually nevermind, since there are a billion draws he could have and he is probably calling with all of them good bet, vnh

36:00 22 yup

Guy to your left on left side is probably a fish

40:00 AK over 11K hands he is like never folding to a 3bet so bet much bigger, like 1.25, he'll still call wide. This also mean I am no longer polarized in my 3bets and am no very value oriented. On the flop, c/c might get more value from him
but nothing wrong with cbet

43:30 Totally cool with the 55 raise on the left, but think that is a steal spot on the right

46:00 on the right, Just lead that flop multiway and then when it gets checked through you have to lead the turn.

48;00 meh, I fold QT from MP always

50:00 Still value in betting the river there

Sinned

94 posts
Joined 06/2011

Wow! Thanks a lot Zialum for watching the whole thing and your detailed analysis and comment I have posted my thoughts back in your remarks. The stickies are great for injecting logic if you remember to look at them Smile The one saying if a fish raises you, FOLD. is one I do now and then forget its there

Ill add you to skype In the comming days, would be good to discus hands etc thanks!

2:11 Do you have a reason for betting 2.5x or is that just your standard?

Yes, Im raising 2,5x CO+BU / 3x UTG+MP / 3,5 SB vs BB

3:02 Hand:33 You need a really good reason to not be raising when sb open completes. I even raise 26o in that spot, they fold or check fold soooooo much on the flop. If they don't make a note of it and adjust. Rest of hand is just kind of shitty, I think there might be merit to making a stab on the flop but I probably just play it the same way

I normally 3bet 22-55 OOP and IP I call , but I guess your right letting him see the flop by limping in is not good.

3:43 Not a bad spot to 3bet bluff

I'm not yet 3betting polarized OOP I'm trying to do it more IP so its on my need to work on list Smile

4:09 Like the flat with AK and no reason not to check it down. I don't like the 2.5x open, if you are getting 3bet a ton or there are short stacks then ok but I think 3x is better.

Didn't want to deviate from my standard opening 2,5x/3x/3,5x

Like the notes you are taking

7:13 You increase your raise size to .35 because he has a high FST, but his 3bet is 18 and such a large raise makes him 3betting you light more profitable. Here is the spot where I might reduce it to .25. Also my stealing range here is any two painted, most any two suited most 1 gappers and pps

it's my standard opening again, If he would start 3betting me a lot I would adjust by tightening up / adjust my bet size

For the record, since there are so many bad players at 10NL, my typical opens are 4x from EP, MP and CO and 3X from BTN SB, not sure if its optimal, but works for me

Ok I'll give it a try, I toke these sizes because I have recently increased my steal% from CO and BU and so trying out if the FTS% is going down (so far it hasn't)

10:00 nh 77

11:00 nh KK

12:05 I'd go ahead and join the waiting list, maybe we get to sit on his left in that game too, if not oh well don't join

13:45 As I said earlier, raise sb limper. Otherwise, nice job going for 3 streets

14:30 Great squeeze spot if we had a better hand. Love it when the fish is the second to act so tag fold and fish call a lot. I even squeeze A5 and 57s there

20:49 I raise the K9 to isolate him

Yes, your right I should have.

22:11 55 interesting hand. Probably worth a post in the forums. VS two good players I love the squeeze, it will be really easy to play postflop if we get called, low flop we bet for value, big flop we are done, set we dance, but with him in the sb he is going to be calling a lot with random stuff I think you are better off just calling. On his donk, it is so small I would raise, but folding is probably better I mean, that isn't how we are going to be taking his money so... yeah I guess fold

23:45 Nice join that waiting list

24:00 standard

25:15 lol ship it WEEEEEEEEEE

Smile

30:45 On the turn, I think that is too thin. If we had KQ or even KJ sure though. River is ehhhhh, Just bet smaller I think, it is super thin, probably just check/fold

I thought here his range was 23s/34s/45s/56s with the Ace on the flop the number of Ace combo's was getting so small I thought I was ahead lots of the time but calculating below you're right it was too thin not even calculating his K7-K9 hands.
A2*6/A3*8/A4*6/A5*8/A6*8/A7*8/A8*8/A9*8 = 60 combo's
23s*2/34s*3/45s*3/56s*3 = 11 combo's

32:36 KT hand, Cbet wouldn't be horrible here. nh

34:00 Right side, definitely a great squeeze spot if you want it

Would all Ax hands be good enough to use to squeeze in spots like these?

34:33 KK booooooooooo call us!

Yeh Frown

34:45 A9, Initial reaction: I guess if he is calling us that light turn bet is good, but I just check it back. But actually nevermind, since there are a billion draws he could have and he is probably calling with all of them good bet, vnh

Yes, all those draws; flushes, straights they were going through my mind.. and what does he show Smile

36:00 22 yup

Guy to your left on left side is probably a fish

40:00 AK over 11K hands he is like never folding to a 3bet so bet much bigger, like 1.25, he'll still call wide. This also mean I am no longer polarized in my 3bets and am no very value oriented. On the flop, c/c might get more value from him
but nothing wrong with cbet

Your right, he calls 57% of the 3bets I should have raised him bigger.

43:30 Totally cool with the 55 raise on the left, but think that is a steal spot on the right

Hmm I guess my thinking was not wanting to play him OOP if it was BU vs SB 100% steal but from the SB he would call me a lot and I don't like the hand using it as a bluff?

46:00 on the right, Just lead that flop multiway and then when it gets checked through you have to lead the turn.

On this flop I couldn't see anyone having a better hand and as it such a dry flop I thought slow playing it trapping some $ in before betting it do you think if I had cbet the flop they were going to call me?

48;00 meh, I fold QT from MP always

50:00 Still value in betting the river there

Guess the I was scared of the FD

Zialum

489 posts
Joined 10/2009

Wow! Thanks a lot Zialum for watching the whole thing and your detailed analysis and comment

You're welcome. Smile

Ill add you to skype In the comming days, would be good to discus hands etc thanks!

Yes, Im raising 2,5x CO+BU / 3x UTG+MP / 3,5 SB vs BB

I think I went on a little too much about open raise sizes lol.

I normally 3bet 22-55 OOP and IP I call , but I guess your right letting him see the flop by limping in is not good.

Pretty interesting we have different philosophies on small pps and 3betting, I think I set mine too much and like using Axs and some suited 1 gappers to 3bet with. Definitely not saying mine is better, this is something I'm going to be thinking about for a little while. Might switch over to your style in certain situations.

I'm not yet 3betting polarized OOP I'm trying to do it more IP so its on my need to work on list Smile

When I said this, it looked like the guy was going to be a super lag so it was a really good spot for it, he settled down a lot though and it wasn't as great as it seemed. Still wouldn't be horrible, but not as great either. I think at these limits you will be just fine if you don't 3bet much from oop with air.

Didn't want to deviate from my standard opening 2,5x/3x/3,5x

it's my standard opening again, If he would start 3betting me a lot I would adjust by tightening up / adjust my bet size

Ok I'll give it a try, I toke these sizes because I have recently increased my steal% from CO and BU and so trying out if the FTS% is going down (so far it hasn't)

Yes, your right I should have.

Smile

I thought here his range was 23s/34s/45s/56s with the Ace on the flop the number of Ace combo's was getting so small I thought I was ahead lots of the time but calculating below you're right it was too thin not even calculating his K7-K9 hands.
A2*6/A3*8/A4*6/A5*8/A6*8/A7*8/A8*8/A9*8 = 60 combo's
23s*2/34s*3/45s*3/56s*3 = 11 combo's

Would all Ax hands good enough to use to squeeze in spots like these?

Pretty much, with the Ace as a blocker and them being in late position you take it down sooooo much.

Yeh Frown

Yes, all those draws; flushes, straights they were going through my mind.. and what does he show Smile

Your right, he calls 57% of the 3bets I should have raised him bigger.

Hmm I guess my thinking was not wanting to play him OOP if it was BU vs SB 100% steal but from the SB he would call me a lot and I don't like the hand using it as a bluff?

It's near the bottom of my steal range, folding isn't bad at all. There is a lot of times where you will be semibluffing with it, and I love me some semibluffs.

On this flop I couldn't see anyone having a better hand and as it such a dry flop I thought slow playing it trapping some $ in before betting it do you think if I had cbet the flop they were going to call me?

Who knows. but you have such a strong hand I want to at least try to get three streets.

staxmaN

98 posts
Joined 08/2010

skimmed through half the video - 1 question

two spots came up where "Sypher" opens and the fish calls -

15:09 - Why aren't we squeezing KJo IP against the fish for value? instead we give a chance for the pot going like 4-5 players deep with the blinds to act?

22:25 - Why are you choosing this hand to squeeze over a hand like KJo in the previous hand? I don't think squeezing a fish with 55 is better than KJo when he calls with hands like 67s and etc.

Sinned

94 posts
Joined 06/2011

15:09 - Why aren't we squeezing KJo IP against the fish for value? instead we give a chance for the pot going like 4-5 players deep with the blinds to act?

22:25 - Why are you choosing this hand to squeeze over a hand like KJo in the previous hand? I don't think squeezing a fish with 55 is better than KJo when he calls with hands like 67s and etc.

I agree that the KJo could have been a good squeeze spot and squeezing is definitely one of the bullit points on my to do list. I do however think the 2nd one is different, position wise, as I have Sypher opening on BU (where I think he has a weaker range instead of his range opening in MP) and the fish calling him from SB here, by squeezing my plan is to isolate the fish and play my pp IP against him.
So not a situation of better but different in my opinion.

staxmaN

98 posts
Joined 08/2010

The only problem with your logic here is that the fish will be calling such a wide range (K2s lots of SC's and one gappers, KTo) that playing 55 is going to be very hard unless we flop a set.

Also, you face the risk of the reg flatting IP with a depolarized range because he wants to play a pot with the fish.

Given the fact that almost all of our value in this spot comes from flopping a set due highly reduced fold equity because of the fish in the pot, flatting 55 here is always going to be the most +EV play, IMO.

Sinned

94 posts
Joined 06/2011

The only problem with your logic here is that the fish will be calling such a wide range (K2s lots of SC's and one gappers, KTo) that playing 55 is going to be very hard unless we flop a set.

I thought about this, and I think your right. Can we make the squeeze in this situation with lets say 88+ as we would need less fold equity as we have some more showdown equity?

churbruv

244 posts
Joined 10/2009

Just had a quick watch nivece video - would be cool if you could do with commentary if you do another as makes it more interesting to watch. In terms of content I like your opening sizes. I play the same games (hopefully not for long) and I open 2.5 on the button 3x from MP and C/O and 3.5x from EP and SB and it works really well I think. Basically 10Nl is a training ground so you want to train like you are going to play when you get to the hgiher stakes . Pre flop i think you could open up your range a bit more - try steal more and throw in some more 3 bets IP - both bluffs and for value - for example i think you flatted KJs at one stage v an EP open and a MP call - I dont think its good enough to clal there but I like squeezing. I also dont think you should be three betting 22-55 OOP. Try calling and c/r flops instead. 3 betting those hands just makes play post flop gross. Hope thigns are going well.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMember Videos → 10NL 1-2 tables no commentary my first vid :)