Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by WiltOnTilt (High Stakes)

Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#15) - 4-tabling High Stakes Reg Part 2

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#15) - 4-tabling High Stakes Reg Part 2 by WiltOnTilt

WiltOnTilt concludes his 4-tabling HU video review of $5/10 action.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

wiltontilt heads up mentor hunlhe nlhe 4-tabling

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 43 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: WiltOnTilt (#15) - 4-tabling High Stakes Reg Part 2

or track by Email or RSS

chrisanagno

175 posts
Joined 09/2010

I'm a little confused by what you mean with 86 and 67 having more equity than KQ... do you mean equity when raised? I don't think we're getting raised that much on this turn really... even by 78, and it's pretty hard for him to have a straight given preflop and flop.

I could definitely get behind the overbet with some pair+straight draw like 54 and 56 and maybe 67. It would also depend on what we think he's doing with his Kx hands on the river... ie can we start a plan for a river 3barrel here by getting him to fold 7x and 5x on the turn and get him off most of his Kx on the river?

yea i agree that we dont get raised a lot ott but what i said is that since we got raised how would u play ur pair+draw hands and KQ on that board?imo pair+draw hands have more equity than KQ since villain is never raising bare Kx there...

Posted almost 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2648 posts
Joined 10/2007

yea i agree that we dont get raised a lot ott but what i said is that since we got raised how would u play ur pair+draw hands and KQ on that board?imo pair+draw hands have more equity than KQ since villain is never raising bare Kx there...

Ah, right...yea in general overbetting would be just fine with those hands, and continuing to the raise based on game flow and pot odds. If you've overbet a few times and he's had to fold, maybe the first time he checkraises there it's, because he wants to test you...

chrisanagno

175 posts
Joined 09/2010

Time Link to 00:39:07

bottom left table.I think i have to disagree with you and here is my reasoning(i do agree that river is a check thought)
whats our perceived range for overbetting turn?correct me if i am wrong,but i think in both parts1+2 hero has overbet the nuts,or overbeted and folded which perceives our range as heavily polarised.So i dont think that there is any reason for us to believe villain thinks we can have many thin vbets by the river.Even lot of our semibluffs have got there ,but again if villain has a strong feeling that we bluff he can be happy to calls us with Ad since we prob dont bet many 1pair hands on that river..Also i saw villain earlier turning Ah into bluff on a three hearted board (we called with trips).I dont think he would do it again..

Also,same time,upper left table what do u do with 55 ?
thanks and merry Xmas

chrisanagno

175 posts
Joined 09/2010

Time Link to 00:00:00

do u think villain is leaking in missing lot of value bets when he checks/not donks good showdownable hands in relatively dry boards( i am missing the exact timelinks but ive found at least 2 spots(one with the TJ hand,in which he didnt donk T river,one with 4x on an 8high dry board which he checked back,and some others) or is it preferable against this certain hero?

chrisanagno

175 posts
Joined 09/2010

last hand-bottom right table what do u think of heros choice to flat 66 on QJ5 in a 3bet pot?isnt quite bad given villains 2B tendecies and the poor equity of our hand.?even his semibluffs have decent equity against us.I noticed that previously it worked for hero when he called twice with 9x on AK9 5 board but i think this time equity changes a lot making this call worse...any preflop/postflop suggestions with our hand?would u consider 4betting?

chrisanagno

175 posts
Joined 09/2010

about whether to focus on 1000NL or 100NL videos here are my thoughts..
ive found that these two 4tabling 1000NL hu videos have given me info equivalent to 4-5 100-200NL videos.Yeah,it would be suicidal to copy the lines these decent players take and put them directly into ur game if you play 50NL- 200NL but its all about adjusting and working things out.The concept/hand range/leveling spots can be certainly adjusted to smaller stakes players because this vid learns you how and why and if u can identify the right occasions then u can use it to ur game..imo these vids improve u better than some small stake reg vids..ofc if u have a basic skill level..but because there are lot of ppl struggling at these stakes i think it would be right to have some small stakes videos too...so what about 2+2(2 high stakes - 2 small stakes each month?)
and plzzz upload part3 soon///

WiltOnTilt

2648 posts
Joined 10/2007

last hand-bottom right table what do u think of heros choice to flat 66 on QJ5 in a 3bet pot?isnt quite bad given villains 2B tendecies and the poor equity of our hand.?even his semibluffs have decent equity against us.I noticed that previously it worked for hero when he called twice with 9x on AK9 5 board but i think this time equity changes a lot making this call worse...any preflop/postflop suggestions with our hand?would u consider 4betting?

sorry it too me a while to get to some of these. Yea I agree peeling the 66 is not great against someone who barrels a bunch and 3bets a reasonable amount.

WiltOnTilt

2648 posts
Joined 10/2007

about whether to focus on 1000NL or 100NL videos here are my thoughts..
ive found that these two 4tabling 1000NL hu videos have given me info equivalent to 4-5 100-200NL videos.Yeah,it would be suicidal to copy the lines these decent players take and put them directly into ur game if you play 50NL- 200NL but its all about adjusting and working things out.The concept/hand range/leveling spots can be certainly adjusted to smaller stakes players because this vid learns you how and why and if u can identify the right occasions then u can use it to ur game..imo these vids improve u better than some small stake reg vids..ofc if u have a basic skill level..but because there are lot of ppl struggling at these stakes i think it would be right to have some small stakes videos too...so what about 2+2(2 high stakes - 2 small stakes each month?)
and plzzz upload part3 soon///

good points and thanks for the nice comment about the quality of the video. I'm going to try to get a smaller/mid stakes video for next week up. If you can, record a HU match and i'll review it. send me a PM and let me know.

actually that goes for anyone who is interested

WiltOnTilt

2648 posts
Joined 10/2007

bottom left table.I think i have to disagree with you and here is my reasoning(i do agree that river is a check thought)
whats our perceived range for overbetting turn?correct me if i am wrong,but i think in both parts1+2 hero has overbet the nuts,or overbeted and folded which perceives our range as heavily polarised.So i dont think that there is any reason for us to believe villain thinks we can have many thin vbets by the river.Even lot of our semibluffs have got there ,but again if villain has a strong feeling that we bluff he can be happy to calls us with Ad since we prob dont bet many 1pair hands on that river..Also i saw villain earlier turning Ah into bluff on a three hearted board (we called with trips).I dont think he would do it again..

Also,same time,upper left table what do u do with 55 ?
thanks and merry Xmas

You could be right, it's hard to know exactly how villain will perceive us. I don't think we've made it to showdown much in these overbet spots (been a while since I watched)...I just get really suspicious here because how many diamond hands is he really calling the turn with when we overbet? Axdd sometimes, he might c/r the turn with it sometimes...but when you put people in difficult decisions with non-standard plays (like overbetting the turn), people tend to get frustrated and do weird things. We've also seen the guy c/r the river a couple times in spots where he could be turning hands into bluff, which probably also influenced my decision.

I certainly could be wrong here and maybe he c/c the turn with Axdd 100% which would give him like 6 combos of flushes and 0-4 combos of full house...so does he do something crazy with 8x or an underpair often enough? I dunno maybe, maybe not.

I just really hate going for thin value taking a weird line and then folding to a raise when villain represents a small value range...and the reason for that is because when I take a tricky line to begin with and villain has reason to be frustrated, they can be a little unpredictable.

donkrx

68 posts
Joined 02/2012

Time Link to 00:36:38

What do you think about the 2 all-ins on the top left and bottom left tables simultaneously? Actually, nevermind, this is river action so I doubt there is any leveling significance to the timing here... its probably coincidence.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Mentor : WiltOnTilt (#15) - 4-tabling High Stakes Reg Part 2