Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Micro/Small Stakes)

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up by Ansky

Ansky coaches his friend Gugel at 100NL Heads Up. They review a video of Gugel's play on 2 tables and discuss many topics including meta-game and correct bet sizes.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

ansky mentor hunlhe heads up video review 100nl 100 nl 2-tabling

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 58 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

or track by Email or RSS

Sugar Nut

842 posts
Joined 03/2008

entertainment value: 10/10
educational value: 10/10

rEdiculously good video Wink

Posted over 4 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

This was a truly entertaining and interesting vid, and another proof for the fact that the dynamic between the characters is the essential engine of a good movie. Btw is Gugel Ansky's cousin or little brother or something?

Anyway, you make more of this, I'll watch it.

We have been best friends more or less since high school.

Thanks for the comments guys, I will get to all of them later tonight.

Posted over 4 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5686 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:34:38

Was it just me or was Gugel's real mission in the HU match not to win $, but arguments lol.

Posted over 4 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

I have heard this from a few people, but would you say that 100nl HU is really the first level of entry into HU poker because the rake at lower levels is too high?

Been a while since I've played those games, but I'd imagine that you can have an absurdly high win rate at the lower stakes games to compensate.

Posted over 4 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Ansky you sound like you're from the mediterranean somewhere with all the passion and stuff. Grin

I think we should call down on most rivers too, but even more in this spot because his flop cbet was less than half pot, and I have a hard time believing he's good enough to bet 3 streets pretty small with a big hand anyways.

Also, I don't see why we're discussing deep ass metagame at NL100 after playing maybe 20 hands vs. the guy.

Israeli parents.

Posted over 4 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

nut flush on table 1
you said that ur impressed by the way villan played it.
do you think its better than flat/flat/flat for 3 streets from his part?

Considering he'd have to fold on any D, 9, J, 6 (19 cards), I'd say its fairly reasonable here to "protect" his hand, especially if he can't be confident enough to call on any of those rivers.

VS some folding the turn would be correct by the guy w/ T8.

Posted over 4 years ago

Negleyjj

114 posts
Joined 08/2008

I'm definitely in favor of more videos like this. Duel commentary videos are the nuts.

Also, one great thing about this video is that since Gugel and Ansky are such great friends, and they both seem to like to argue, a lot is discussed. It solves the problem of some mentor videos where the students don't really ask questions or try to argue alternate lines or anything, while also allowing situations that seem super standard for the high stakes coaches who might not even mention it in a duel commentary video done with two coaches to be discussed. I guess we already have both Real Life Micro- and Mid-stakes HUNL series, but whatever you call it, I'd love an Ansky/Gugel HUNL (mini-)series.

I'm very happy that Ansky is at DC now.

Posted over 4 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

there was a spot earlier and this spot where you say he is probably floating you fairly often or at least will bet when checked to. Why not call the turn bet and let him continue to bet the river with his air/weaker hands instead of letting him fold to the jam?

Good point, and that may have been the better play. One thing to consider is that most opponents will bet/call with any T here, but will check back on a lot of river cards with those hands.

Posted over 4 years ago

Jeffrey

103 posts
Joined 10/2009

I'm definitely in favor of more videos like this. Duel commentary videos are the nuts.

Also, one great thing about this video is that since Gugel and Ansky are such great friends, and they both seem to like to argue, a lot is discussed. It solves the problem of some mentor videos where the students don't really ask questions or try to argue alternate lines or anything, while also allowing situations that seem super standard for the high stakes coaches who might not even mention it in a duel commentary video done with two coaches to be discussed. I guess we already have both Real Life Micro- and Mid-stakes HUNL series, but whatever you call it, I'd love an Ansky/Gugel HUNL (mini-)series.

I'm very happy that Ansky is at DC now.

X2

Posted over 4 years ago

CrazyAl

25 posts
Joined 12/2007

I expected nothing less from Gugel having read and been entertained by his posts on 2+2. I applaud Ansky's patience, logic and poker knowledge. Well done sir.

Posted over 4 years ago

SSankarAA

74 posts
Joined 04/2008

wow cant watch this.. ansky is good but this 'student' is really tilting to hell. He thinks like a random 2+2 0.5ptbb winner and is aggressive his skills(which are non existant because he is a very low winner). It's really annoying to watch a video with someone who's never gonna win at a good rate, being stubborn about anything he can find.

Posted over 4 years ago

chinz

65 posts
Joined 02/2009

I have heard this from a few people, but would you say that 100nl HU is really the first level of entry into HU poker because the rake at lower levels is too high?

I played my first ~5k hands or something at NL20 HU, it certainly looks very beatable...

NL50 is also very beatable, it's probably a little bit easier to win there than in NL100 even though your rake is a bit higher (in bb/100).

My favorite analogy is pretty much this: If 10ptbb/100 is possible at NL100, how could NL50 be unbeatable? I don't have the exact numbers but rake is like 1ptbb/100 more or something.

Posted over 4 years ago

Gugel

2 posts
Joined 08/2008

wow cant watch this.. ansky is good but this 'student' is really tilting to hell. He thinks like a random 2+2 0.5ptbb winner and is aggressive his skills(which are non existant because he is a very low winner). It's really annoying to watch a video with someone who's never gonna win at a good rate, being stubborn about anything he can find.

In EV, I have a 2.0 - 2.5 PTBB/100 winrate for $50-$200 HUNL over a 300,000 hand sample.

Posted over 4 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5686 posts
Joined 01/2009

In EV, I have a 2.0 - 2.5 PTBB/100 winrate for $50-$200 HUNL over a 300,000 hand sample.

I enjoyed the vid, and asking questions is good, but you are only hurting yourself by being so stubborn Gugel. Keep an open-mind and don't try to win arguments, try to win chips. Your focus should be on figuring out the best play and why, not figuring out a way to cram the narrow range you want your opponent to have into the discussion.

And LOL at reporting your winrate in terms of EV. C'mon dude.

I really enjoyed this format since neither were afraid to disagree, but Gugel's constant attempts to talk over Dani and his inability to listen forcing Dani to constantly repeat himself made the video suffer.

Posted over 4 years ago

jumpoff

12 posts
Joined 09/2008

great video, i dont get why people hate on Gugel. i thought he was pretty damn funny.

also thought it was great he tried to defend his plays, no matter how unreasonable they might have been. compare this to other videos, where coach and student dont know each other personally. the student always agrees with the coach, no matter if he understood what he was told or not. the coaches also mostly try to be at least somewhat diplomatic. (ok maybe not Vanessa <3 )

if i´d ever get a coach i would wanna be able to talk to him like this. one concept you really understand and are able to apply in the future is worth more than being told what the right play is for 1000 hands imo.

so, go Ansky, go Gugel. more vids please.

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Mentor : Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up