Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Micro/Small Stakes)

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.

Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up by Ansky

Ansky coaches his friend Gugel at 100NL Heads Up. They review a video of Gugel's play on 2 tables and discuss many topics including meta-game and correct bet sizes.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

ansky mentor hunlhe heads up video review 100nl 100 nl 2-tabling

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up

or track by Email or RSS

richbrown

280 posts
Joined 09/2008

Time Link to 00:50:29

there was a spot earlier and this spot where you say he is probably floating you fairly often or at least will bet when checked to. Why not call the turn bet and let him continue to bet the river with his air/weaker hands instead of letting him fold to the jam?

Posted almost 8 years ago

jjd323

585 posts
Joined 08/2008

this is possibly the best coaching I've ever seen

GilgUK

141 posts
Joined 12/2008

more HU videos! and it can even be you 6 table sweating yourself.

termod

2 posts
Joined 12/2008

probably the best coach video i've seen here. thanks ansky!

jk3a

898 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:36:58

So far one of the best videos I've ever seen on DC. This is a great example of what not to do as a student and how important it is as a teacher to be direct.

Dani,

Very good job. Hard not to get a little excited/irritated with students like this.

Gugel,

You don't listen very well/if at all. You need to let the expert(Dani) talk. I've had a number of students like you and it will be very difficult for you to improve if this is how you interact with your coach. Asking questions is one thing, what you're doing during the video is much different and extremely counterproductive for you and coach.

As far as the AQ hand goes. Betting the turn is waaaaaay better than checking and assuming that he floats often enough to make checking better than betting is just wrong. You're right, when has 9x or the like, you're prob. not getting any more value, but that doesn't matter. Not stacking a hand like AT is a giant error here. And like Dani said, they're going to check that type of hand back on the turn way more often than they should at these stakes.

And if you did think he's floating a ton, check raising the turn is crazy. Check/call and check river.

junglefever

156 posts
Joined 09/2008

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

MPHansen

2001 posts
Joined 07/2008

lol Ansky's videos are the best! Enjoyed the format.

Iuckbox

2 posts
Joined 08/2009

wow, QJ- hand is imo the best hand discussion ever. ansky keep doin videos, good job

Triplethink

81 posts
Joined 03/2008

2fouroffsuit

2061 posts
Joined 01/2008

I've had a number of students like you and it will be very difficult for you to improve if this is how you interact with your coach. Asking questions is one thing, what you're doing during the video is much different and extremely counterproductive for you and coach.

I agree with this, but don't let that discourage you. It is really important to iron out these inconsistencies in your thought process. As poker players (or even just people in general) we get wrapped up in our own thought processes and they become second nature to the point where we do things without any longer questioning them. It's really important to make sure that these internal processes are logically sound.

As far as the AQ hand goes. Betting the turn is waaaaaay better than checking and assuming that he floats often enough to make checking better than betting is just wrong. You're right, when has 9x or the like, you're prob. not getting any more value, but that doesn't matter. Not stacking a hand like AT is a giant error here. And like Dani said, they're going to check that type of hand back on the turn way more often than they should at these stakes.

And if you did think he's floating a ton, check raising the turn is crazy. Check/call and check river.

I was going to write something up about this hand but this covered it better than I could voice out my thoughts.

Great vid guys!

Trichechus

1 posts
Joined 07/2009

Great video, great commentary, great format... definitely interested in seeing similar content in the future!

Gugel

2 posts
Joined 08/2008

This was all an elaborate ploy to get unlimited action. Yes...that's the ticket.

Melville

745 posts
Joined 02/2008

This was a truly entertaining and interesting vid, and another proof for the fact that the dynamic between the characters is the essential engine of a good movie. Btw is Gugel Ansky's cousin or little brother or something?

Anyway, you make more of this, I'll watch it.

Acombfosho

3147 posts
Joined 06/2008

these guys have known eachother years thats why they are levelling eachother hard it is funny as hell to listen to and watch, got a ton out of it knowledge wise too so extra gj guys

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Mentor : Ansky (#1) - 100NL Heads Up