Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by 2fouroffsuit (Micro/Small Stakes)

Duel: 2fouroffsuit (#4) - Heads Upside Down Part 4

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Duel: 2fouroffsuit (#4) - Heads Upside Down Part 4 by 2fouroffsuit

2fouroffsuit does another member video review, this time focusing on playing someone that we've played before. He uses preexisting reads and stats to build on the gameplan for exploiting our opponent.

About Duel Subscribe to

Watch as DC's finest tangle HU vs a variety of opponents.

Tags

2fouroffsuit duel heads up hunlhe nlhe

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 72 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Duel: 2fouroffsuit (#4) - Heads Upside Down Part 4

or track by Email or RSS

StueysKid

1018 posts
Joined 11/2009

What sort of threshold for 4betting are you looking for to favor 3betting suited aces such as AClub7Club as mentioned in the video? Do you just go by feel, or is there a rough approximation of 4b frequency? Likewise, you like to 3bet for value when villain calls a lot of 3bets - what sort of threshold do you consider as calling a lot? As a follow up.... how significant would you adjust up or down on this threshold given how aggressive the opponent is post flop?

There's obviously a balance there that I usually just go on feel, but am looking to see more of a guideline instead of just my gut feeling. It really gets complicated when villain is aggro post flop which makes 3betting and cbetting a little more tenuous

The T9o hand where you stated that 3betting vs a caller was less than ideal, I'm curious when you would favor 3betting this. I think the standard is to just defend it, but I've heard some very good players give a solid argument for mixing in 3bets with it, and one of the reasons is because it's not typically dominated by a 3bet calling range. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Posted over 3 years ago

StueysKid

1018 posts
Joined 11/2009

By my above post, I'm just trying to get a sense for what you mean when you say "if he called more" or "if he 4bet more"

Posted over 3 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1996 posts
Joined 01/2008

These are kind of tricky things to quantify % wise with HUD stats without seeing the extremes. Seeing things like he 4bet/folded to a value jam early on in the match, or I saw him defend a 3bet with 8Heart6Heart. This is somewhat where leveling comes into play as well particularly with 4betting. Often times someone's range for their 2nd 4bet is different than for their first, so the frequency of them 4betting gets thrown off a bit.

In this example where we have a decently large sample where our opponent had 4bet 3 times in 49 opportunities, so I'm going to be inclined to say that it's unlikely that he's 4bet bluffing us very much as a prematch read. From my quick math it looks like we'd been 3betting about 12% over that sample, so he may not have felt very pressured to start 4betting in the previous match(es) though as opposed to this match where we start off 3betting a ton.

As for our opponent calling 3bets this is going to be a factor of a couple things. First, is their opening%. A 100% btn opener that calls 40% of 3bets has a wider range than a 50% btn opening that calls 70% of 3bets. So always be looking for what kinds of hands they show up with and be looking to figure out their ranges. The active player window in HEM can be helpful with figuring out what someone's 3bet calling range looks like.

How aggressive our opponent is playing back at us factors into our preflop decisions, but it somewhat depends on what our counter strategy is going to be. We can tighten up our 3betting range a little, or we can call down lighter, or rebluff more or some combination of all 3. So it depends... Frown

I think that T9o in general plays better in single raised pots than in 3bet pots just due to stack sizes and how often we're flopping like 25% equity or less. Check out the Graph HvR on propokertools.com and play around with some calling ranges.
T9o
A7s

You don't have to rely 100% on having equity, but it's always better to have it. Do you have links to where they are talking about it? I'd be curious as to some more arguments for 3betting it.

Posted over 3 years ago

onehundred47

404 posts
Joined 10/2009

Time Link to 00:08:03

hah yes I'm embarassed now about having 1.4k hands vs him and just had those ridiculous notes. I'm working on that "extrapolation" thing now and when we think about it it's very important to catch up every detail to draw the big picture as you said in another thread.
Ah and thank you, I was not expecting another session review. Great !

Posted over 3 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1996 posts
Joined 01/2008

Haha no worries or need to be embarrassed. Smile I just know that a lack of taking notes was one thing that really cost me a lot of money in the past. I would play someone that I'd played before and not remember anything about our previous session, I'd spend the first 200 hands or so remembering what I had figured out from last session. Hopefully this entire miniseries illustrates the importance of developing good notes and reads for the next time that we encounter an opponent.

Thanks for the submission onehundred47!

Posted over 3 years ago

onehundred47

404 posts
Joined 10/2009

LHE Student

50 posts
Joined 07/2007

Great video. You put all the tools of note taking to use: previous history as well as current game flow. It was a very well thought out video and you had a lot of useful comments. I like how you emphasize taking advantage of villain's weakness. As we play, we need to punish our opponent whenever we see villain making mistakes, whether that mistake is calling too much, folding to much etc.

Posted over 3 years ago

Jniggs

5 posts
Joined 11/2008

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Duel : 2fouroffsuit (#4) - Heads Upside Down Part 4