Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (High Stakes)

Duel: KRANTZ (#5) - Isildur1 Part 2

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Duel: KRANTZ (#5) - Isildur1 Part 2 by KRANTZ, insyder19

KRANTZ and Insyder19 continue with their review of KRANTZ's match against Isildur1.

About Duel Subscribe to

Watch as DC's finest tangle HU vs a variety of opponents.

Tags

krantz duel Insyder19 4-tabling isildur1 $25/50 hunlhe heads up

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 58 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Duel: KRANTZ (#5) - Isildur1 Part 2

or track by Email or RSS

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

delcrossb

4271 posts
Joined 04/2009

Does he start getting crazy with the over bets here? I hope so.

Posted over 4 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Time Link to 00:47:19

Jay
1) What is his bluff catching range?
2) What would be the rationale for say betting $1k or a spazzey small betsize? You had not seen him c/rai on river amirite.....maybe if you bet silly small you might induce? or is that optimistic?
Would that make any sense given gameflow?
Would it enable you to then bluff cheaply in future? given you were peeling light on turns vs his floats.

cool vid definitely thumbs up on going thru HEM.

Posted over 4 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

Jay
1) What is his bluff catching range?
2) What would be the rationale for say betting $1k or a spazzey small betsize? You had not seen him c/rai on river amirite.....maybe if you bet silly small you might induce? or is that optimistic?
Would that make any sense given gameflow?
Would it enable you to then bluff cheaply in future? given you were peeling light on turns vs his floats.

cool vid definitely thumbs up on going thru HEM.

flushes and straights, maybe a set - the smaller i bet the more likely he is to call with more hands. very doubtful he shoves over a small bet without having me beat. this isn't a spot where i'd be bluffing much at all so i don't need to worry about being able to bluff cheaply here, i just want to pick the bet size that he calls the most hands with.

Posted over 4 years ago

Bobby90

21 posts
Joined 09/2009

danndann1

300 posts
Joined 05/2008

jay, i must say i really disliked the way you handled isil in this first part of the match.

i mean you:

1) didnt stop 3betting trash after seeing that hes never folding - in fact i didnt like your approach to 3bet like a monkey and have basicaly no calling range oop vs a guy who plays so well ip.

2) you didnt adjust in 3bet pots by not cbetting so much and maybe trying some cr-bluffing or by barreling him more... the cliche was: he always float you, you always ck turn, he always stabs half pot and you always fold. you basically let him own you in 3bet pots!

3) def didnt go to showdown as much as you should vs him. come on, how do we figure out a player like him if we never go to SD? call him more in slightly -EV spots and see his lines and what he shows up with.

hopefully the match was longer and you did adjust acordingly
great stuff nevertheless

Posted over 4 years ago

KuuL

1 posts
Joined 12/2008

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

jay, i must say i really disliked the way you handled isil in this first part of the match.

i mean you:

1) didnt stop 3betting trash after seeing that hes never folding - in fact i didnt like your approach to 3bet like a monkey and have basicaly no calling range oop vs a guy who plays so well ip.

2) you didnt adjust in 3bet pots by not cbetting so much and maybe trying some cr-bluffing or by barreling him more... the cliche was: he always float you, you always ck turn, he always stabs half pot and you always fold. you basically let him own you in 3bet pots!

3) def didnt go to showdown as much as you should vs him. come on, how do we figure out a player like him if we never go to SD? call him more in slightly -EV spots and see his lines and what he shows up with.

hopefully the match was longer and you did adjust acordingly
great stuff nevertheless

im not sure if you are commenting on part 1 or part 2, but i think i addressed all this stuff during the video... especially with regards to your 2nd point

all - turns out i still have the HHs from the entire match, so i will most def be concluding the trilogy with one more video at some point in the next cpl months Smile

Posted over 4 years ago

ccheiden

481 posts
Joined 06/2009

im not sure if you are commenting on part 1 or part 2, but i think i addressed all this stuff during the video... especially with regards to your 2nd point

all - turns out i still have the HHs from the entire match, so i will most def be concluding the trilogy with one more video at some point in the next cpl months Smile

Can you do it with Brian? Please?

Posted over 4 years ago

PokerPiet

29 posts
Joined 08/2008

really interesting vid since he puts you into so many difficult spots, which might caused you to make some of the mistakes you talk about (referring to the 77 and Ax flush hand where u making the wrong size).

The K3 hand where we got 2pair and you CR allin, i think it is better to checkcall twice because we already noticed he floats like always in 3bet pots and stacks are quite alright voor him to shove river with a wide range.

Also make sure to have the other guy (sry dunnow his name) there again for the 3rd vid, liked the questions / suggestions about different lines you take a lot

Posted over 4 years ago

cottonseed1

39 posts
Joined 01/2008

Good Video Series. It is always nice to see a some videos where someone is playing like crap. Everyone is in that situation more regularly than they would probably like to admit, so it nice to see it and think about how to respond and how your opponents view you etc.

Posted over 4 years ago

jlustig

1 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:12:07

what do you make of isildur only betting 150 on the turn on the top left

Posted almost 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Duel : KRANTZ (#5) - Isildur1 Part 2