Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by BalugaWhale (Mid Stakes)

DC Shorts: BalugaWhale (#19) - The Argument for 3-Betting

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

DC Shorts: BalugaWhale (#19) - The Argument for 3-Betting by BalugaWhale

BalugaWhale talks about 3-betting and a bit about it's rise and fall of use over time.

About DC Shorts Subscribe to

DC shorts are short content bursts brought to you by DC Labs. Roughly 1/4 the length of standard videos, these shorts are designed to review single hands, concepts or ideas. You'll receive the most up to date content available and stay in touch with the latest and greatest here at DC and the poker community at large. The more you post in the forums the more likely it is your post will be the inspiration for a future DC short!

Tags

theory ipod friendly balugawhale loose dc shorts

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 16 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for DC Shorts: BalugaWhale (#19) - The Argument for 3-Betting

or track by Email or RSS

fizzo

316 posts
Joined 01/2010

Time Link to 00:08:29

Is it really 74%? Without bringing out a calculator I could tell you that if we're risking 9 to win 4.5 everyone has to fold 67% for us to break even. Risking 8 only means that they need to fold even less.

Posted over 2 years ago

BalugaWhale

1115 posts
Joined 01/2008

Is it really 74%? Without bringing out a calculator I could tell you that if we're risking 9 to win 4.5 everyone has to fold 67% for us to break even. Risking 8 only means that they need to fold even less.

Very possible i screwed that up. I suck pretty super hard at math and I did that like 5 times to make sure I was right but it's totally possible im wrong.

The point remains the same, though.

Andrew

Posted over 2 years ago

zachd2323

3148 posts
Joined 04/2010

Yeah risking 8 to win 4.5 needs to work 64% of the time or more to be profitable.

8 / (8+4.5) = .64

Posted over 2 years ago

wangtangkiki

22 posts
Joined 05/2011

C / (C+P) I saw this in a video somewhere..

C = Call (or Bet)
P = Pot

8 / (8 + 4.5) = 8 / 12.5 = 0.64 = 64%
9 / (9 + 4.5) = 9 / 13.5 = 0.666667 = 66.7%
10 / (10 + 4.5) = 10 / 14.5 = 0.689 = 68.9%

I tend to use 10 bb.. not sure if that's bad lol.

Posted over 2 years ago

Henry81

7 posts
Joined 04/2012

10bb IP is kinda big, use <= 3x when IP (no reason to risk more), and >=3 when OOP (you want to give him worse odds when you're OOP)

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → DC Shorts : BalugaWhale (#19) - The Argument for 3-Betting