Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Ansky's Antics: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ansky's Antics: Episode Two by Ansky

Ansky loads up 4 tables of 400NL and plays through a leisurely Sunday evening while analyzing the play of himself and his opponents.

About Ansky's Antics Subscribe to

Ansky covers the mid & high stakes 6max games through various formats and various topics.

Tags

nlhe 6max $2/4 400nl ansky 400 nl ansky's antics

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 45 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ansky's Antics: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

fabi2266

205 posts
Joined 09/2010

Time Link to 00:05:46

wait on table 1, youre saying that its tough to play a hand like A7s OOP vs 3bet but is 4betting than better vs random players (which cant be true right?) or is it just better because he loves to call 4bets?

Posted over 2 years ago

Respawn

38 posts
Joined 02/2010

Very good video. I'm always looking forward to Ansky videos.
I'm thinking a hand history review from you would be good. Live videos can get a bit hectic. I feel like you have a lot of knowledge to convey and therefore you have a lot to talk about when more interesting hands come up so having all the time you need would be good. Also, sometimes in live sweat videos, there just aren't too many interesting spots that are worth talking about whereas with a Replayer video you can decide which hands to talk about so it's pretty much all premium content. And I don't even think you have to choose exclusively super unusual spots or anything. I'm sure there'll be many more hands worth saying something about.
We'll see with the next video if talking over a pre-recorded video and pausing at the interesting spots will be a step in the right direction.
All types of videos have their merits, though. So it's good if you change it up a bit, I guess.

Posted over 2 years ago

fabi2266

205 posts
Joined 09/2010

I'm thinking a hand history review from you would be good. Live videos can get a bit hectic. I feel like you have a lot of knowledge to convey and therefore you have a lot to talk about when more interesting hands come up so having all the time you need would be good. Also, sometimes in live sweat videos, there just aren't too many interesting spots that are worth talking about whereas with a Replayer video you can decide which hands to talk about so it's pretty much all premium content. And I don't even think you have to choose exclusively super unusual spots or anything. I'm sure there'll be many more hands worth saying something about.
We'll see with the next video if talking over a pre-recorded video and pausing at the interesting spots will be a step in the right direction.
All types of videos have their merits, though. So it's good if you change it up a bit, I guess.

+1

Posted over 2 years ago

FaceMyAlterEgo

423 posts
Joined 07/2010

wait on table 1, youre saying that its tough to play a hand like A7s OOP vs 3bet but is 4betting than better vs random players (which cant be true right?) or is it just better because he loves to call 4bets?

4bet is for bluff. He is not a random player, but a quite lagy REG. He does like to call 3bets, but his 3betting range is pretty wide, so he will still fold some trash. Although he might have a rather depolarized 3bet range as deep as it is, which would be a con to 4bet bluffing.

Posted over 2 years ago

fabi2266

205 posts
Joined 09/2010

4bet is for bluff. He is not a random player, but a quite lagy REG. He does like to call 3bets, but his 3betting range is pretty wide, so he will still fold some trash. Although he might have a rather depolarized 3bet range as deep as it is, which would be a con to 4bet bluffing.

I guess, but he says 'he is somebody who likes to call 4bets. So how can he 4bet as a bluff here? Seems to be for value or maybe ansky knows he gives up vs c-bets on a lot of flops...

Posted over 2 years ago

donkrx

68 posts
Joined 02/2012

Ansky, have you ever considered playing tight for 50K hands? (tight meaning like 22/19 or lower)

My point is that you're known for playing LAG. Switching it up would probably be hugely profitable vs all these 2/4 3/6 regs that know you for a number of reasons. Plus, you know, playing tight is still good (despite popular belief).

EDIT: I am halfway thru the video and it seems on 3 of the 4 tables you're playing pretty tight, so maybe I'm wrong about your stats (I could have sworn you played at least 29 VPIP)? What is your VPIP/PFR for 2/4 and 3/6 overall?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

In many ways playing a 4b pot oop is easier than playing a 3b one. If I have 3x pot left, on most flops there is a pretty clear plan for what to do. If I flat the 3b, we are much deeper and my opponents positional advantage is magnified.

VS this player I probably wouldn't have 4b something like J7s, because he will just call a ton, so I will tend to be a little more value heavy (ie, big cards are cool, 54s is not).

He also just 3bets a ton, so 4betting a lot is probably a good strategy.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Yep, I agree with this. I kept doing the sweats though because they seemed to be popular. I'll change it up for next week.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

I guess, but he says 'he is somebody who likes to call 4bets. So how can he 4bet as a bluff here? Seems to be for value or maybe ansky knows he gives up vs c-bets on a lot of flops...

It's not exactly for value, it's not exactly a bluff either. Vs players who rarely call 4bets, but will just fold or 5bet a lot, it probably is ok to be more depolarized. Especially if they are folding or 5 betting, then something like K4o is basically the same as A7s (assuming we are folding if they 5bet). When they call a ton you need to depolarize and have somewhat higher value standards to 4bet. I'll still fflat his 3bets with a lot of hands though anyway, since like we said he is a very high % 3bettor.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Ansky, have you ever considered playing tight for 50K hands? (tight meaning like 23/19 or lower)

My point is that you're known for playing very LAG. Switching it up would probably be hugely profitable vs all these 2/4 3/6 regs that know you for a number of reasons. Plus, you know, playing tight is still good (despite popular belief).

My numbers are pretty normal if it's actually filtered for 5-6 players. I still think I need to tighten up sometimes... it's just so hard to not 3bet in position!

Posted over 2 years ago

donkrx

68 posts
Joined 02/2012

pumpui

69 posts
Joined 07/2008

fizzo

307 posts
Joined 01/2010

OMG scared the shit out of me Smile

OMG I jumped in my chair and my heart was beating super fast for about a minute after that.

Posted over 2 years ago

philosophizor

18 posts
Joined 01/2012

Top Right
You 3-bet a cutoff raiser from the small blind with Q8c and check a wiffed jack-high all-diamond flop.
How often is this check a give-up as opposed to a delayed stab in this precise spot and why?

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Ansky's Antics : Episode Two