Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode Six by Ansky

Ansky has got 5 tables of 600NL and a 1k NL table going, with action all around.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian 600nl 600 nl $3/6 $5/10

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 45 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

77 bottom left, do you call river if he bets 2/3-3/4ish pot?

Hmmmm... Not sure. As a default calling with a T and folding worse can't be a bad starting point.

Posted almost 3 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Do you 3bet KQo most of the time from BB?Whats your standart flating range?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I think it's very possible to establish a range where you typically 3b it or typically don't. I think questions like these need to have answers that address the fact that it's more of a question of your overal gameplan and your perceived preflop strategy than anything else.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Top right,do you have here c behind range?

Yes.

D3rJack

444 posts
Joined 02/2010

jk3a

898 posts
Joined 01/2008

Hmmmm... Not sure. As a default calling with a T and folding worse can't be a bad starting point.

Let's say his river vbet range is AT+.

Counting all those combos, we get: 53
AT 12
JJ-AA 24
T9s 2
Sets 12(assuming he cbet 33 most of the time)
54s/87s(discounting for pf with 54s and 2 barreling 87s, lets's guess) 3

Obv this is just an estimation and not complete given he may value bet thinner on river or use different sizing, etc.. but I'm sure it's somewhat reasonable.

Let's say he bets 70% pot on the river, requiring we need 29% equity to call. Against 53 value combos, we need 22 bluff combos to break even bluff catching.

Villain shows up with two naked overs QJ, which tells us a bit about his bluffing tendencies. Similar to most 6 max regs, they bluff mostly with "equity." Hands with 'outs' on this turn are QJ+, 78s/89s/97s, A4s,A5s.

Starting combos of those hands are: 116
QJ KJ AJ KQ AQ AK - 96
87s 89s 97s - 12
A4s A5s - 8

So I guess my real question is, what do you think an appropriate way to discount his potential bluffs are? Assuming he cbets that 116 combos 90% of the time, we have 104 combos on the turn. I'm mostly interested in how your assumptions work for turn and river bluffing frequencies. Again, this is not meant to be complete/perfect, but merely a good estimation.

improva

3891 posts
Joined 02/2008

Your turn barrels with marginal SD value will lead to very exploitable ranges. You want to barrel with the hands that have the most equity vs villain's calling range. Not with the hands that have like 5% when called. You are overestimating the value of protection. Overcards have around 13.5% equity vs sd-value.

If your 3bet range contains a lot of small pockets it is easy for villain to play correct against you. Simply 4bet bluff less (almost never) and float a wider range. Now you are left with a lot no equity hands when called and burning money with when you jam. OOP tighten up a little bit which is the correct adjustment anyway and get it in 88, AQ.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Your turn barrels with marginal SD value will lead to very exploitable ranges. You want to barrel with the hands that have the most equity vs villain's calling range. Not with the hands that have like 5% when called. You are overestimating the value of protection. Overcards have around 13.5% equity vs sd-value.

If your 3bet range contains a lot of small pockets it is easy for villain to play correct against you. Simply 4bet bluff less (almost never) and float a wider range. Now you are left with a lot no equity hands when called and burning money with when you jam. OOP tighten up a little bit which is the correct adjustment anyway and get it in 88, AQ.

First of all, it was a paired board, so we'd have less equity vs overs.

Secondly, small pairs represent a very small % of my hands in those spots.

I also disagree with the 5% when called number. In a lot of spots you can get called by draws or Ace highs.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you are saying, the reason to include small pairs is vs players who 4b too much so you can 5b jam some extra hands, definitely NOT because they play well post or are good barreling hands.

I certainly fold a lot of small pairs to single raises, even if that may not have been evident by this video.

whatwonder

53 posts
Joined 03/2010

You never responded to my questions in episode three. Do you only reply to comments in your most recent video?

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:33:18

split the difference on the grammar:

4b dynamic between him and me!

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

an update on how it is actually like in canada would be cool too.

Dublimax

152 posts
Joined 02/2011

Time Link to 00:31:46

Top left w KK why do you 4B so small (less than 2x) OOP?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Top left w KK why do you 4B so small (less than 2x) OOP?

Not sure why I did that there, that is much smaller than my standard 4b OOP.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Finally Canadian : Episode Six