Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by chipchucker5 (Mid Stakes)

Midnight Run: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Midnight Run: Episode Three by chipchucker5

ChipChucker5 gets right to work reviewing some recent hands with the HH replayer.

About Midnight Run Subscribe to

ChipChucker flies under the radar as an American and discusses the importance of staying one step ahead of your opponents by implementing creative lines while still maintaining solid fundamentals.

Tags

midnight run hh review ipod friendly $2/4 400nl 400 nl chipchucker5

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 49 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Midnight Run: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

Majkel

146 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:47:19

Why are you c/ring so big? 200 wouldn't be enough?

Posted about 3 years ago

pumpui

69 posts
Joined 07/2008

in that last 99 hand, arent u leading all ur strong hands and bluffs on river? so when u C/R it leaves weak hands turned into bluffs and its a easy snapcall for him with his Kx hands, and he cant have that many Kings, Jx bets the turn, Tx doesnt bet riv, so shouldnt u just call this bet and see him having alot of junk that decided to bluff cause u checked twice

Posted about 3 years ago

Berbatron

200 posts
Joined 01/2010

In hand 1: Not quite sure why you think anyone would ever fold 9x + when they get c/r on the turn here. It's a spot where you rep so little and with alot of those hands you're going to flat again on this good bluffing card. Not saying it's not a profitable c/r but if he's any good you're getting him off pretty much no better hands and he'll shove big draws.

Edit: OOps this was for episode 2.Still you get the point.

Posted about 3 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:10:06

Would you be calling KQ here on the turn? Given that KJ just got there and if you had KQ he could have the Ax of clubs flush draws which he likely bets. If you are calling KQ, where do you draw the line, whats the best hand you are folding?

Posted about 3 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:13:27

If he 3 bets 97s shouldn't that be 0 combos as opposed to 4 as he flatted pre?

If you completely discount 97s it is still a fold though so it doesn't affect the outcome of the analysis.

Posted about 3 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:24:07

How do you feel about that thought process with JJ here? How do you think he should play JJ in this situation (both preflop and later streets) if you disagree with the thought process you outlined here?

Posted about 3 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:46:46

Is it totally ridiculous to have AQ here? I can see flatting AQ here preflop being good to try to bring the fish into the pot, and is it really ridiculous to peel once with AQ on this dry board when buttons cbetting range has so much air in it? Or are you just folding because it will be very difficult to get to showdown with that hand and it will result in you having too wide of a flop peeling range?

Posted about 3 years ago

TheGeek

1478 posts
Joined 01/2009

Really, really enjoyed the video. Think the hands shown can be very eye opening and love the detailed talk about ranges and especially the math. Would love to see this type of math become much more popular in videos. Looking forward to your future videos.

Posted about 3 years ago

alexhandros

88 posts
Joined 01/2008

What do you think about just folding the flop in Hand 1? It seems weak, but given the range you assigned him it's going to be really hard to get to showdown if he continues his aggression. We're up against a range of value hands that have us in bad shape and draws that have decent equity vs us. Having the Ac also reduces a lot of his club semi bluffing combos.

Even as played, we actually improved to top two and are strongly considering folding. Not sure what runout we're looking for exactly; I guess we're mostly hoping he just slows down at some pt?

Posted about 3 years ago

chipchucker5

340 posts
Joined 02/2008

Why are you c/ring so big? 200 wouldn't be enough?

it is kinda big yeah..think 200 is a tad small..like 225 or so seems about right.

Posted about 3 years ago

chipchucker5

340 posts
Joined 02/2008

in that last 99 hand, arent u leading all ur strong hands and bluffs on river? so when u C/R it leaves weak hands turned into bluffs and its a easy snapcall for him with his Kx hands, and he cant have that many Kings, Jx bets the turn, Tx doesnt bet riv, so shouldnt u just call this bet and see him having alot of junk that decided to bluff cause u checked twice

calling def has merit here since there really aren't many hands he's vbetting. However, there are def some Kx hands in his range, so I'm happy to sort of "cover my bases" and get him to fold those in addition to all of his bluffs. No I'm not leading all my strong hands on the river at all actually. How am I supposed to have air when I lead river there? I just think he folds like everything when we lead river there, plus he bets Kx when checked to so we're really not missing value vs anything by checking, so checking w/ strong hands is far superior there imo.

Posted about 3 years ago

chipchucker5

340 posts
Joined 02/2008

Would you be calling KQ here on the turn? Given that KJ just got there and if you had KQ he could have the Ax of clubs flush draws which he likely bets. If you are calling KQ, where do you draw the line, whats the best hand you are folding?

I would be folding KQ but calling w/ QJ since QJ is double gutter and he's rarely c/ring KQ and then barreling that turn imo, so QJ seems like the worst hand we should be calling while KQ is best hand we're folding.

Posted about 3 years ago

chipchucker5

340 posts
Joined 02/2008

If he 3 bets 97s shouldn't that be 0 combos as opposed to 4 as he flatted pre?

If you completely discount 97s it is still a fold though so it doesn't affect the outcome of the analysis.

Yeah, that was a mistake..I'd still give him a couple combos of it tho just because people do flat it sometimes and I gave him 2/3 of the T8s combos, so to be consistent I should give him some 97s as well.

Posted about 3 years ago

chipchucker5

340 posts
Joined 02/2008

How do you feel about that thought process with JJ here? How do you think he should play JJ in this situation (both preflop and later streets) if you disagree with the thought process you outlined here?

I really don't mind it honestly. I think given positions pf is good, altho i think shoving or min 5betting is also fine. If it were a LP situation I think it's a clear get it in pf spot.

Postflop is tricky but against me it's obv a really good play to c/r here because I'm never folding any OESD, FD and even AK/AQ. And it's gonna be tough to play well on a lot of board runouts when I'm going to bluffing w/ a good frequency and taking advantage of free cards when the situation warrants it. He's also gonna be c/ring all his draws, so it seems good from a balance perspective as well.

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Midnight Run : Episode Three