Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode One by Ansky

Ansky gets right back into the swing of things beginning at $2/4 6max with 4-tables locked and loaded.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian 4-tabling $2/4 400nl 400 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

dumpweed91

2 posts
Joined 01/2011

fock the video doesn't work for me....it's a bunch of colorful lines going up and down and across the screen. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Posted about 3 years ago

Entity

8667 posts
Joined 11/2006

fock the video doesn't work for me....it's a bunch of colorful lines going up and down and across the screen. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Update your version of Adobe Flash Player to the latest version - update your browser as well if you use an outdated browser.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Rob

Posted about 3 years ago

mitch

2039 posts
Joined 01/2008

It might be a setting, we are having Dani look into it. He's on a new computer with new software but we'll get it up to DC-premium-quality soon.

I suspect he was using a MBP with the trackpad, which also made the moving around/switching between HH replay + hands that were going on seem super awkward. Just a guess though.

Overall awesome vid, looking forward to the rest of the series.

Posted about 3 years ago

dumpweed91

2 posts
Joined 01/2011

Update your version of Adobe Flash Player to the latest version - update your browser as well if you use an outdated browser.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Rob

yeeeeessss thank you.

Posted about 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:06:38

here you say you can only have so much variation in your lines and bet sizing before you start giving things away against good opponents. But if you are a better player then your opponent, then shouldn't you be able to out-adjust him in whatever dynamic is created by your unconventional lines/bet sizes?

Posted about 3 years ago

Befeltingu

264 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:05:31

I assume that you chose that c bet size on the flop because you both are fairly deep? I know that 100bb deep I would generally c bet smaller there

Posted about 3 years ago

Big_Mick00

74 posts
Joined 12/2009

Dont tell anyone i made that fold. haha

Posted about 3 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

I dont understand the qq vs 75c hand. Isnt the turn a check call? Theres very few hands that call behind and hes not folding kk,aa after you check twice. I believe you also said you were planning to check shove non ak flops. I don't get that either your way ahead or way behind and you wont fold out better.

Try to use the time stamp thingy Joe Tall was referring to.

Anyway, regarding the hand, no I don't agree. This isn't 2007, I'd expect my opponent to bet/call a lot of worse hands on a lot of boards. On the turn, it is definitely not a c/c. My hand is EXTREMELY vulnerable, and I am also very rarely behind. Only if he turned a random 2 pair am I really ever behind, and he can have lots of 9-14 out draws with pair + sd, or fds w/ an over, etc. Obviously he is not folding AA/KK I am not sure why you are mentioning that? I wasn't bluffing I was making a pretty clear value shove.

Posted about 3 years ago

Sillygoose87

85 posts
Joined 08/2011

Time Link to 00:06:15

Why is that he can't have too many good KX cards in his hand? Because he didn't 4-bet?

Posted about 3 years ago

nemeelucas

192 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:29:42

How many club combinations do you think villain open from utg here? Between your holdings and the board, you're blocking a ton of utg opening club combos by the river. If he had AJcc or really any 2clubs, why's he check calling it oop? It seems like a terrible line for villain to be taking with anything he's holding, as a bluff or for value.

What was your thought process on his pf range and each of his actions on each street. None of his actions seem to be balanced so he's trying to achieve some purpose each street or is spazzing out.

if villain doesn't open random or low sc from utg, i can't see him having a flush here.

Posted about 3 years ago

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:31:39

really hate his line and wish you had called for our education Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

JohneDrama1

3 posts
Joined 02/2010

Try to use the time stamp thingy Joe Tall was referring to.

Anyway, regarding the hand, no I don't agree. This isn't 2007, I'd expect my opponent to bet/call a lot of worse hands on a lot of boards. On the turn, it is definitely not a c/c. My hand is EXTREMELY vulnerable, and I am also very rarely behind. Only if he turned a random 2 pair am I really ever behind, and he can have lots of 9-14 out draws with pair + sd, or fds w/ an over, etc. Obviously he is not folding AA/KK I am not sure why you are mentioning that? I wasn't bluffing I was making a pretty clear value shove.

Im not saying turn is a c/c because your behind. Im saying it because by shoving your only folding worse. So I guess what your saying is that by shoving you care more about him realizing his equity then folding out worse. As played it was definitely the right play, but usually he wont have a monster draw. If you had aa would you be more inclined to c/c since your not worried about an a or k river?

Posted about 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Im not saying turn is a c/c because your behind. Im saying it because by shoving your only folding worse.

but he's also getting called by a lot of worse hands, Dani already said:

I wasn't bluffing I was making a pretty clear value shove.

Posted about 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:42:03

table 4 w/ the QJs - do you think a good reg bets the turn with like AK/AQ?

any merit to betting the turn and river to turn your hand into a bluff, trying to get him off of QQ/KK/Ax if he checked that?

Posted about 3 years ago

Squishee

1356 posts
Joined 01/2008

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Finally Canadian : Episode One