Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (Mid Stakes)

Ghost: KRANTZ (#1) 4-tabling 200 NL

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ghost: KRANTZ (#1) 4-tabling 200 NL by KRANTZ

KRANTZ 4 tables 200 NL and discusses how he attacks these games.

About Ghost Subscribe to

Ghost the best of DeucesCracked in the shorthanded games they play in today.

Tags

krantz ghost 200 nl 4-tabling

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 42 minutes long
  • Posted about 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ghost: KRANTZ (#1) 4-tabling 200 NL

or track by Email or RSS

Tonto

101 posts
Joined 04/2008

IMO others should do 6max and you should stick to high limit HUNL.
They are the best Grin

Strongly disagree- great poker is great poker

Krantz,

You seemed to be willing to felt AK pre no matter what (cold 5bt-call for example). What would be the conditions where this would not be true anymore and why? Maybe 1-2 is the cutoff where there are preflop spewmonkeys (like in this vid), but, say, at .50-1 people are usually not going to felt AQ- preflop; does this mean you need to fold AK sometimes to heavy action? How about vs opps who have a 3bt% of, say, 4-6%? 3bt-folding seems nitty but if your opps arent messing around arent you just leaking money slowly getting it AI pre vs a range thats 55+% vs AK (even including the dead money)? Does calling 3bts/4bts with AK vs tighter players have any merit?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but very interested in what you have to say.

Posted about 5 years ago

Onraad

631 posts
Joined 08/2008

IMO others should do 6max and you should stick to high limit HUNL.
They are the best Grin

Strongly disagree- great poker is great poker

It's a matter of frequency. If KRANTZ were to make 2 videos a week I wouldn't mind one of them being a 6max video. But since he makes probably one video every 2 weeks all heads-up players would obviously like this to be a heads-up video Smile

Posted about 5 years ago

Poemmel

1025 posts
Joined 03/2009

needfinesse

131 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:35:12

Impressive, you know he is not 4betting light. "Especially with the timing"

How does a 4bet bluff time?

Good video. Playing and not thinking about the money is HUGE. You put fear in them, great example is the a7 hand, against a regular dude, he'd be valuebetting that.

Posted about 5 years ago

nakke

Baller
181 posts
Joined 04/2008

Awesome, more nl200 content! But don't show it to my opponents Frown

Posted about 5 years ago

StnBuddha70

824 posts
Joined 05/2008

Thanks for the video. Even someone - like me - who plays in the nursery stakes found it very informative and loaded with ideas to mull over.

Please come back down again.

Posted about 5 years ago

Rasputin

471 posts
Joined 02/2008

Time Link to 00:24:33

This JT hand where you call the button three bet and check raise the KQx flop I have some questions.

What's the plan if you don't hit a decent draw?

What about a simple top pair. Do you check raise the flop or does it depend on how aggro he is. Seems to me a check raise would put some players off hands that they'd continue to bluff with.

And what if you whiff completely? Do you check raise some there just because you know his three betting range and c-betting range are very large?

Basically I guess I'm asking what you're thinking if you don't hit either a good draw or a monster.

Posted about 5 years ago

oh hai

270 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:07:06

Cryptic hints = DANI?!?!?! (crosses fingers)

Thanks for the video Krantz-- you are right some uNL players watch these vids too Smile

Posted about 5 years ago

Eisflamme

2005 posts
Joined 08/2008

If his HU-vids are 5 times better than his SH-vids, I should definitely switch to HU, so that looking those vids makes sense.

Posted about 5 years ago

rocketragz

4045 posts
Joined 11/2008

This was a good video. Not many vids have me wanting to watch it again for value when I'm not even through watching it the first time.

Would be sweet if we could get another one out of yoU!

Posted about 5 years ago

UKFAN1687

51 posts
Joined 06/2008

Cryptic hints = DANI?!?!?! (crosses fingers)

Thanks for the video Krantz-- you are right some uNL players watch these vids too Smile

Ansky or Flawless?

I would put my money on Ansky...

Posted about 5 years ago

shark_fishin

266 posts
Joined 03/2008

Thnx for playing 200nl one time krantz.
Why do you bet $10 into $14.25 on 633r flop?
Iv seen you bet half pot before on a similar board, did you change your sizing recently? and for what reason?

Do you think its ok to have a different cbet size for the same flop but a different opening possition? like UTG $14 into $15 and BTN $8 into $15 on a 245ss flop for example?

Posted about 5 years ago

Barrin6

16 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:19:41

Timing tell with those aces there buddy. Slow down.

Posted about 5 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

2:21 - 78s

I'm guessing your decision was based on the shortstack behind you (not wanting to get squeezed maybe?), but do you still think there is perhaps more merit to calling 78s here in position rather than 3betting? We don't have any reads that he's calling 3bets OOP and he seems to be a TAG regular who is probably going to 4bet/fold in this spot, which sucks for us because we have to fold a hand with nice equity (or miss a chance to embarrass him in position).

Fantastic video, would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Sure, there's a lot to be said for keeping 78s out of your 3-bet range on the button here... I might agree with you in hindsight that I just really have no reason to believe he might call and then I just lose any implied odds.

Posted about 5 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

Timing tell with those aces there buddy. Slow down.

not a timing tell

Posted about 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Ghost : KRANTZ (#4) 4-tabling 200 NL