Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by jk3a (Mid Stakes)

Moneytrain to Midstakesville: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Moneytrain to Midstakesville: Episode Three by jk3a

Jk3a and TecmoSuperBowl review a video of 4-tabling 200NL and a few select hand histories and equity calculations.

About Moneytrain to Midstakesville Subscribe to

Beginning at 100NL, jk3a will show TecmoSuperBowl how to realize his goals and break free of small stakes into a bigger world.

Tags

jk3a tecmosuperbowl 100nl moneytrain to midstakesville hh review hand replayer 200nl 200 nl 100 nl 4-tabling video review

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 49 minutes long
  • Posted about 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Moneytrain to Midstakesville: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

jjfootball2009

101 posts
Joined 04/2010

Time Link to 00:41:12

In my opinion, he snap called with a set, because he was drawing to a paired board, and hoping you had a straight, or would make a draw on the river with the pairing of the board. Not justifying it, but I think that's why he did it.

Posted about 4 years ago

trickster jfd

35 posts
Joined 04/2008

good vid, but tecmo, it could take you months to get through standard breakeven stretches at this rate of volume. one thing that helps me put in volume is physical exercise eg between sessions, freshens the mind and makes you 'ready' again even if you've played that day. might not apply to you but who knows it might help you...(this is good to get in frequent small sessions)

Posted about 4 years ago

jjfootball2009

101 posts
Joined 04/2010

good vid, but tecmo, it could take you months to get through standard breakeven stretches at this rate of volume. one thing that helps me put in volume is physical exercise eg between sessions, freshens the mind and makes you 'ready' again even if you've played that day. might not apply to you but who knows it might help you...(this is good to get in frequent small sessions)

+1 this, and if you're not feeling up to it at that time put in your volume at a lower limit. Either way, you need to get a lot more volume in my opinion.

Posted about 4 years ago

jjfootball2009

101 posts
Joined 04/2010

Time Link to 00:31:41

Hey Tecmo, I play 100 NL, and in this spot if I bet 48 as opposed to 64 on the turn, I'm usually seeing if you'll reraise me, and the extra 16 chips makes my river shove nastier. Yes I turn 10's into a bluff, but usually it's when someone 3 bet my 10's as opposed to me 3 betting with them.

Posted about 4 years ago

JBinDC

35 posts
Joined 08/2009

Quiz answer:
this guy is clearly a TAG, but with only 94 hands, I don't think we can read too much into his 16% 3Bet stat. This is also BB v SB, so he could definitely be flatting some hands here which he might 3bet a lot otherwise. I think his range at this point is something like any pair below TT, any broadway, and a handful of suited connectors. Maybe also some suited Aces.

When he check-raises the flop, his value range is pretty damn small. JJ, 55 and 66 are the only really strong hands I can see. I would have expected JJ+ to 3Bet PF almost all the time, so I would heavily discount JJ and overpairs. Some people go crazy in spots like this with top pair, so I could see some thin value hands like AJ and KJ sometimes doing this. It is also very likely that he sees us as a TAG, and knows we probably missed this dry board, so he has just decided he is going to take this pot away from us!

With the small bet on the turn, I really don't think he has better than TPTK. We have already called a check-raise, so if he wanted to play for stacks he could be about $40-$45 here and setup a nice, easy river shove. I think his range now is something like this:
Value hands: 55,66,TT,JT,AJ,KJ
Semi-bluffs: KQ,78s,98s
Bluffs: a whole lot of air that tried to steal it on the flop and doesn't quite know what to do now!

Posted about 4 years ago

MrTrocks

12 posts
Joined 05/2010

Hi,

Quiz Answer:
Villian is a reg with 19/17 and 3b 16%. Well we dont now how much he´s 3b in the BB (espacially vs a SB Openraise).
Most time villian will raise hands like A10s, AJ+; 1010+. Some regs on nl 200 with 16% 3b will reraise 22+ against a openraise from sb. Like i said most time villian would 3b JJ+ so this kind of hands are unlikely

Flop: range could be a set 55, 66, 56s a pure bluff, maybe a smaller pair 77,88 were he want to figuere out were he stands and could be a st8draw with 78s, 78o, 89 (=unlikely because we block two 99).

I dont think that villian will raise AJ, QJ, J10 on the flop so often because with this hands, he is in a way ahead/way behind situation. Next point is that the board is dry (okay one str8draw) and he is in position.

Turn: when he 1/3 pet the turn. It could be J10 but like i said i dont really think he will raised it in most of the time. So this hand is rarely.

Sets are still in his range. This bet could be also 56s were he dont want to c/c because of the guessing thing.
In my opion we can not full elaminate a draw with 78 were he dont want to c/f. From the stats he should be a thinking player. The board was very dry so when hero call the raise, villian has to give hero no floats or many drawing hands. With this betsize he doesnt create much fold equity. It seems that 1. he wants to get a call or 2. he wants to see a cheap river.

In my opion he´s range is: sets 55; 66; 1010;56, and somethimes a draw with 78 and maybe A10 when he bluffs the flop and want to small bet/fold the turn

Posted about 4 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Quiz answer:
this guy is clearly a TAG, but with only 94 hands, I don't think we can read too much into his 16% 3Bet stat. This is also BB v SB, so he could definitely be flatting some hands here which he might 3bet a lot otherwise. I think his range at this point is something like any pair below TT, any broadway, and a handful of suited connectors. Maybe also some suited Aces.

When he check-raises the flop, his value range is pretty damn small. JJ, 55 and 66 are the only really strong hands I can see. I would have expected JJ+ to 3Bet PF almost all the time, so I would heavily discount JJ and overpairs. Some people go crazy in spots like this with top pair, so I could see some thin value hands like AJ and KJ sometimes doing this. It is also very likely that he sees us as a TAG, and knows we probably missed this dry board, so he has just decided he is going to take this pot away from us!

With the small bet on the turn, I really don't think he has better than TPTK. We have already called a check-raise, so if he wanted to play for stacks he could be about $40-$45 here and setup a nice, easy river shove. I think his range now is something like this:
Value hands: 55,66,TT,JT,AJ,KJ
Semi-bluffs: KQ,78s,98s
Bluffs: a whole lot of air that tried to steal it on the flop and doesn't quite know what to do now!

yay I thought I was going crazy - at least I am not alone now.

Posted about 4 years ago

MrTrocks

12 posts
Joined 05/2010

Hi,
Quiz Answer part 3:

when i review my answer last night i find out that i made a mistake. I forgot one important thing while i´m writing it. The important thing is, that villian has position. So in my opionio this will change the range. I think its polarized more the hands he could have.

So villian could still have 2Pairs and sets like 56, J10, 55,66, 1010!, (maybe in some cases JJ when he want to mixed up his game), and somethimes AJ (but like i said i think on nl 200 most people wouldnt vb the turn)

But could he have 78, 98 QK on the flop? Yeah he could.
could he have it on the turn? I dont think so. Why? because villian has position. And after hero raise preflop, B/C the flop. i think villian would take a freecard to see if his oesd shows up on the river. I dont think that villian will bet a oesd on the turn again. Well it will happend somethimes sure, but not that often. So this fact will polarized hes range more to a strong hand or maybe a hand were he will bet for free showdown on the river. If the quiz answer was: "Give me the only hand he could have" i would say its a set. Looks really like 1010.

Posted about 4 years ago

Steppin Razor

Section 9
2237 posts
Joined 12/2009

yay I thought I was going crazy - at least I am not alone now.

You're not crazy, I just thought we don't have enough information to assume he can't be playing his strong hands strong.

Posted about 4 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Well why make that silly $15 turn bet?
I just think if he makes a stronger turn bet - we pitch our hand because he organising stacks. Why leave that stack size behind? It is to give him enough to get us off our largely medium strength range.

So I mean I can get my head around being wrong on the flop. Sure I see sets being raised on dry boards reg v reg because of a levelling we cant rep much but we have what we are repping dynamic hoping we just bet/3bet AJ+ but does that really make sense having seen the turn bet size?

Final thing on my air/draw based range - is reg vs reg sb vs bb - is the home of crazy spew plays. I guess we just get paranoid seeing in HEM how much we bleed through the blinds.

Posted about 4 years ago

Steppin Razor

Section 9
2237 posts
Joined 12/2009

Well why make that silly $15 turn bet?
I just think if he makes a stronger turn bet - we pitch our hand because he organising stacks. Why leave that stack size behind? It is to give him enough to get us off our largely medium strength range.

So I mean I can get my head around being wrong on the flop. Sure I see sets being raised on dry boards reg v reg because of a levelling we cant rep much but we have what we are repping dynamic hoping we just bet/3bet AJ+ but does that really make sense having seen the turn bet size?

If I were at the table I could probably tell you more about the bet size. And I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I couldn't exclude nut hands because he could've CRed the flop with them and then bet a 'please call me' bet. Like you said, people do weird things in BvB. If hero's range is mid pairs and TPNKs, he's not always going to believe the check raise, and that cheeseball bet is probably going to get called a lot. That's why I still have nut hands in. but, one gets shown a lot of stupid shit at the low levels, maybe I just have a hard time cutting out hands.

Posted about 4 years ago

Digitalis

15 posts
Joined 08/2009

Preflop hand range:
Villian is 19/17 with a 16% 3bet range and this is BvB, so I would expect him to 3bet all of his good hands here (all broadways and PPs).

A call from a player with such a high 3bet percentage really narrows down his hand range. I think it polarizes his hand hand range to weaker speculative hands (98s-54s, T8s-86s, 55-22) and less likely slowplayed premium hands (AA-QQ). Villian will always 3bet here unless he has a strong reason not too. Also, I would expect an aggressive regular in position to call preflop here with other weaker hands with the intention of taking the pot away on a good flop.

I'm not folding the flop with a good pair BvB against an aggressive player. A good player might expect us to miss this flop and fold quite often to a raise.

Turn:
Villian slightly overbets pot and now bets 1/3 pot on the turn, after we called a sizable flop raise. I think this eliminates monster hands, as villian would expect us to be more likely to call a big bet on the turn when we called a flop raise.

So I think his range is:
Semi-bluff hands like 98s, 87s, 97s,; hands that semi-bluffed raised the flop with a draw and are two-barreling on the turn
Air giving it another shot

We're at least calling because we're ahead of villian so much. I'm calling a lot of rivers. I'm not quite confident enough to call a river shove with a bluff catcher yet, but if a non-straight card hits I think it might be ok.

Posted about 4 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

If I were at the table I could probably tell you more about the bet size. And I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I couldn't exclude nut hands because he could've CRed the flop with them and then bet a 'please call me' bet. Like you said, people do weird things in BvB. If hero's range is mid pairs and TPNKs, he's not always going to believe the check raise, and that cheeseball bet is probably going to get called a lot. That's why I still have nut hands in. but, one gets shown a lot of stupid shit at the low levels, maybe I just have a hard time cutting out hands.

Well I know we are dealing with small sample sizes but he cb is 80% 2b 100%
He is in position and dry board and he looks pretty aggro overall.
Given it is hard to flop sets and 2pr - I think there is just so much air.
And its not as if Tom has weak tight stats - so I dont think villian can float these dry boards and if he cant float then he prolly raises his air.

Posted about 4 years ago

jk3a

898 posts
Joined 01/2008

QUIZ 3

POOLSWEEPER

Reasons you might not have been picked.

1. You said he could have air in his turn betting range.

I strongly believe that any air or semibluff hands are almost non existent when he bets that small.

2. Turn range incorrect. Mention Jx but not Tx.

There were a few answers I thought were very close, but ultimately what I was looking for was an answer that basically said. His range is mostly weak made hands including Jx and Tx.

Digger,

To address your questions about slowplaying on the flop, I generally assume that most tags are not slowplaying enough and raise atleast slightly more often than they call. And I all but eliminate those hands from his turn range because of the small sizing.

Posted about 4 years ago

Tackleberry

3561 posts
Joined 10/2009

QUIZ 3

POOLSWEEPER

Wouldn´t it be nicer if everybody posts his answer in the forum instead of sending you a PM? In this case we can´t even have a look at the winner answer ... Frown

Posted about 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Moneytrain to Midstakesville : Episode Three