Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (High Stakes)

Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Thirteen

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Thirteen by KRANTZ

The move upwards continues as KRANTZ and FenderJaguar talk about FenderJaguar's play at $5/10.

About Never Tell Me the Odds Subscribe to

Get a look inside KRANTZ's coaching program. How do you take a mid-stakes grinder and turn him into a high stakes juggernaut? Watch FenderJaguar's poker world get turned upside down.

Tags

krantz never tell me the odds fenderjaguar $5/10 1000nl 1000 nl 4-tabling

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 77 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Thirteen

or track by Email or RSS

ClicktyClick

260 posts
Joined 11/2008

A lot of people are c-betting way way too much. Some compensate by bluffing more turns and rivers. But that is not really fix.

Yeah I guess, it's weird though because everyone is also checking to the preflop raiser a lot, which seems to indicate that they know that their opponents are making the mistake of c-betting too much (otherwise they would be leading), yet most of them keep c-betting too much themselves.

Posted over 4 years ago

n0whereman

3107 posts
Joined 01/2008

Yeah I guess, it's weird though because everyone is also checking to the preflop raiser a lot, which seems to indicate that they know that their opponents are making the mistake of c-betting too much (otherwise they would be leading), yet most of them keep c-betting too much themselves.

we (nlhe players) haven't figured everything out yet! Smile sounds like a good place to explore an edge.

Posted over 4 years ago

ClicktyClick

260 posts
Joined 11/2008

"Also, it's not even close to as simple as you're saying, because you're giving him an information advantage by leading some % and checking the rest. It's awfully complicated to assess the profitability of such a strategy."

It is indeeeeeeeeeed forrrr suuuuuurre as simple as I'm saying. I'm not giving him ANY informational advantage until he finds out WHAT I'm leading with. He can make general assumptions but he won't really know. I can always balance what he sees if I'm not balancing already. It's not very complicated at all Grin

That is a pretty superficial argument. You are leading some of the time and checking some of the time -- even if he doesn't know what your range for either of them is, or if you're randomizing to an extent, it still gives him an informational advantage. You can try to outlevel him all you want, but unless you take the same action with every hand, a player with position on you will have an informational advantage over you (that's why being in position is an advantage). No, he won't know exactly what your hand is. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have an informational advantage. What this advantage is worth or how it will benefit him in practice is not so easy to say, but denying its existence crazy. You are basically saying that being in position on the flop is not advantageous.

Posted over 4 years ago

ClicktyClick

260 posts
Joined 11/2008

[quote] 1) It's not incorrect if the opponents don't adjust to it. [/quote]

This is definitely not true in general -- why do you think it's true in this specific case? (I'm not arguing with you, I'd just like you to elaborate)[/quote]

[quote] 3) EVERYONE cbets a ton. This is actually a striking revelation? [/quote]

No, but thinking it is bad but still expecting a good player to make such a considerable strategic mistake seemed odd.

Posted over 4 years ago

n0whereman

3107 posts
Joined 01/2008

This is definitely not true in general -- why do you think it's true in this specific case? (I'm not arguing with you, I'd just like you to elaborate)

Again this is semantics (ie your definition of incorrect) - my point is that we shouldn't stop c-betting a lot if our opponents aren't doing anything to counter it.

No, but thinking it is bad but still expecting a good player to make such a considerable strategic mistake seemed odd.

It's not necessarily a considerable strategic mistake.

Posted over 4 years ago

ClicktyClick

260 posts
Joined 11/2008

Again this is semantics (ie your definition of incorrect) - my point is that we shouldn't stop c-betting a lot if our opponents aren't doing anything to counter it.

Ok, but it might not be the most profitable strategy even if our opponents are not necessarily trying to counter it (calling an utg raise with 72o or 63o is bad whether our opponents change their strategy or not). Why do you think people generally play badly against the strategy of c-betting a lot?

It's not necessarily a considerable strategic mistake.

No, but if you say that leading against people who check back a lot is good, then you are implying that not checking back a lot is a strategic mistake against you (since you only start leading if checking is less profitable)

Posted over 4 years ago

HustleHard

40 posts
Joined 05/2008

is this ClicktyClick guy forreal?

Note to Krantz/Fend: why not put this series on weekly how it was last season? It is definitely by far my most looked forward to series on the site, and you have been progressing amazingly well. I def vote for putting it back on weekly and NEVER ending either, just keep going and going and going... hell, at 13 episodes this is already the longest running series on DC is it not? it may be not, but either way, LETS SET RECORDS!

gl fend

Posted over 4 years ago

SpewKid

588 posts
Joined 02/2008

Time Link to 01:14:40

On table 4 on the 962ss flop, why should we either fold or get it in now if we get checkraised? If we decide to go with the hand, do we just shove or 3bet smaller?

Posted over 4 years ago

Wygal

164 posts
Joined 06/2009

Man...I was starting to go through withdrawals and twitching from no NTMTO videos. Thanks for this Smile

Posted over 4 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

Note to Krantz/Fend: why not put this series on weekly how it was last season? It is definitely by far my most looked forward to series on the site, and you have been progressing amazingly well. I def vote for putting it back on weekly and NEVER ending either, just keep going and going and going... hell, at 13 episodes this is already the longest running series on DC is it not? it may be not, but either way, LETS SET RECORDS!

gl fend

I have so much going on that I just don't have time right now to do 1 vid/week... :-/

Posted over 4 years ago

Jrixyzle

10 posts
Joined 09/2009

ricky kools

15 posts
Joined 02/2010

Wygal

164 posts
Joined 06/2009

Do you have to have table scanner for the multitabling stat to work properly?

Posted over 4 years ago

Choparno

90 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:24:41

Did you say Australians? I think you mean Italians. Ale3fg is Italian, as are all the 5/10 guys on FTP who play exactly as you described: belvolo, giongler, jackbhoff, etc.

Posted over 4 years ago

FenderJaguar

893 posts
Joined 01/2008

def mean australians. there may be a crew of italians that do the same thing but there's def a group of aussies doing it as well (no names atm b/c I'm on a busto comp). who knows maybe it's the same people multi-countrying! lolol. ale is italian!? swear I thought he was aus.

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Thirteen