Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by bellatrix (Micro/Small Stakes)

STORM: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

STORM: Episode One by bellatrix

Bellatrix kicks off with some $0.1/0.25 LHE hand history reviews.

About STORM Subscribe to

(S)ession (T)w(O)PlusTwo (R)eview (M)icro is Bellatrix's training camp for micro-stakes limit hold'em players. Utilizing a review format with student's/2p2 members from the US, she explores the micro level games available.

Tags

hand replayer ipod friendly hh review bellatrix storm

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 64 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for STORM: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:16:05

Sigh, I have class all day and won't get to watch the remainder of this vid till tonight. But...

Excited to make my first appearance in a DC vid Heart. Give that guy at the top right a "BBB-esque" red chip IMO Wink

Posted almost 3 years ago

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

Time Link to 00:39:28

Lemme save you the trouble... more compliments to you ;-), though like 5 min later I say you might have missed an opportunity for a very thin value bet.

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:45:55

Well, I didn't think I was getting called by worse enough for this to be a value bet. I didn't think 6x was in the flop 3bet range, so thought I was toast on a river call from pocket pairs bigger than me since a busted flush draw might not call. That is, unless I get Diamond Diamond to bluff one time Wink ... I'm sure Aug will attest to some of my turn semibluff raises so I thought he might oblige me and return the favor here.

Maybe results oriented thinking on my part though Frown

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

Well, I didn't think I was getting called by worse enough for this to be a value bet. I didn't think 6x was in the flop 3bet range, so thought I was toast on a river call from pocket pairs bigger than me since a busted flush draw might not call. That is, unless I get Diamond Diamond to bluff one time Wink ... I'm sure Aug will attest to some of my turn semibluff raises so I thought he might oblige me and return the favor here.

yeah, bluffcatching might be worth it, you're right.
It taints it when you see the holding, because he might have called you with the holding you have, but then again, that's like 3 hands + lower pp's than 6. Still might not be enough.

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:43:30

I like the 3bet here also b/c there is a better chance that your pair outs are good here (just giving you that extra bump in equity) vs the flop raiser (me) whereas that likely isn't the case in the 75s hand. In this hand you correctly mentioned that the donker is doing what he does (making this game run), and the preflop raiser (me) is raising lighter for value. In the other hand, the 922 flop, that flop bettor is a solidish player and its harder for the flop raiser to have a hand you have that much equity against.

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:44:43

What do you think about cc/ing the flop and rzing the turn here on an A like this? Combo wise I have less Ax's in my range right? And we know I have a lighter flop raising range.

edit: err, sorry. By "I" I'm refering to the villain. We know villain has a lighter raising range.

grandmofftarkin

497 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:52:10

Well, the only hands that we get called by that we beat are pp's or random 4x hands. If this player is limping utg, then I don't think he's the type to turn those hands into a bluff. So I guess I like c/f? Fwiw, I think our hand is the same think from QQ-TT, and we see a lot of Kx or 77 here, but I don't know how to determine which is more likely combo wise.

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

Well, the only hands that we get called by that we beat are pp's or random 4x hands. If this player is limping utg, then I don't think he's the type to turn those hands into a bluff. So I guess I like c/f? Fwiw, I think our hand is the same think from QQ-TT, and we see a lot of Kx or 77 here, but I don't know how to determine which is more likely combo wise.

I am totally aware that we are betting as a bluff. We've got something like 30% equity (35% if we are very optimistic and put in any broadway draw in there. The rare pocket pair that calls us is just a bonus. I just don't know how likely people are to fold a King here - probably unlikely, right? So yeah, c/f is probably the correct play, as I don't think people will suddenly bluff at this board.

Osterror

116 posts
Joined 11/2011

Sigh, my subscription just ended and now I don't know what to do. I mainly play Limit and this could be a good change to DeathDonkey and mikel on my Iphone day after day ;D

Is this gonna be a 100% Ipod friendly series?

bellatrix

826 posts
Joined 12/2007

Sigh, my subscription just ended and now I don't know what to do. I mainly play Limit and this could be a good change to DeathDonkey and mikel on my Iphone day after day ;D

Is this gonna be a 100% Ipod friendly series?

Yes, this will be replayer the whole time, though I am sometimes showing a text file with reads, which might be a tad bit small for iPhone.

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

series name is sheer awesome

S.N.I.S.A.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsBeginner Limit Hold'em → STORM : Episode One