Poker Video: Pot-Limit Omaha by danzasmack (Micro/Small Stakes)

Bone Doggin' It: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Bone Doggin' It: Episode Five by danzasmack, DJ Sensei

Danzasmack and DJ Sensei hookup for another review session where DJ attempts to get Chuck to think deeper logic behind heads up opponents.

About Bone Doggin' It Subscribe to

Danzasmack wanders off on a HU PLO journey, but will he return with the gold? Time will tell. Fortunately, he has DJ Sensei around to guide him.

Tags

danzasmack dj sensei bone doggin' it huplo plo pot limit omaha heads up ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: plo
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 56 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Bone Doggin' It: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

mrkool44

3 posts
Joined 03/2011

love the ghetto commentary...fo sho.... NOT

Posted over 2 years ago

JonasB

52 posts
Joined 03/2009

Time Link to 00:12:06

Thanks for the video,
Why is it a difference when the Ace is on the board here?
Does players often call with an ace when the board is paired or whats the reason for that?

Posted over 2 years ago

CDA

1526 posts
Joined 01/2009

perfectibilists

55 posts
Joined 01/2014

Time Link to 00:14:01

why would you check the turn.Hes folding a lot of better hands on the turn if you bet again? Also since your bluffing here on the turn what is a good sizing to bet? If he does pick up some flush draws here don't you want to try price him out and go for a bigger bet? Or is this board still more on the dry side a smaller bet can take it down like 2/3? If he calls turn we are shutting down?

Posted 8 months ago

perfectibilists

55 posts
Joined 01/2014

Time Link to 00:17:47

I am still trying to donk more I am used to texas holdem where donking is just not something i do much. I been playing and just check raising dry boards and I am getting a lot of folds but maybe I need to donk more if they are folding to it. I am risking less by donking if they do fold. I just always been told donking is a weak play but I guess in plo its pretty effective.

Posted 8 months ago

perfectibilists

55 posts
Joined 01/2014

Time Link to 00:19:30

so say we bet turn and he raises the turn are we folding here cause the board is paired? We do still have straight draw outs against 3 and if hes raising turn with nut flush we are still ahead. But I am guessing are equity is to low agianst hands that are beating us?

Posted 8 months ago

DJ Sensei

3298 posts
Joined 10/2007

why would you check the turn.Hes folding a lot of better hands on the turn if you bet again? Also since your bluffing here on the turn what is a good sizing to bet? If he does pick up some flush draws here don't you want to try price him out and go for a bigger bet? Or is this board still more on the dry side a smaller bet can take it down like 2/3? If he calls turn we are shutting down?

I'd probably bet pretty big on the turn if I were to barrel, because I wouldn't want to fire a third one.

Against someone who is a decent hand reader, I kind of like checking the flop here to rep an overpair playing pot control. A delayed cbet should work pretty well and if we're going to fire two barrels I'd have more confidence in turn+river rather than flop+turn.

Posted 8 months ago

DJ Sensei

3298 posts
Joined 10/2007

I am still trying to donk more I am used to texas holdem where donking is just not something i do much. I been playing and just check raising dry boards and I am getting a lot of folds but maybe I need to donk more if they are folding to it. I am risking less by donking if they do fold. I just always been told donking is a weak play but I guess in plo its pretty effective.

Donking can certainly be effective, but you have to have a pretty good plan when you do it because many players default to floating them. I'm pretty sure I covered the subject in more detail but I can't remember exactly where. Probably somewhere in "dr. dj's plo practice".

Posted 8 months ago

DJ Sensei

3298 posts
Joined 10/2007

so say we bet turn and he raises the turn are we folding here cause the board is paired? We do still have straight draw outs against 3 and if hes raising turn with nut flush we are still ahead. But I am guessing are equity is to low agianst hands that are beating us?

High risk low reward. Probably a fold.

Posted 8 months ago

HomePoker ForumsPot Limit Omaha → Bone Doggin' It : Episode Five