Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by insyder19 (High Stakes)

Parallels 2: Episode Eleven

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Parallels 2: Episode Eleven by insyder19, BalugaWhale, whitelime

BalugaWhale and Whitelime team up to help Insyder19 with his crushing of high-stakes NLHE.

About Parallels 2 Subscribe to

Dive deep into the minds of two of our best instructors, whitelime and BalugaWhale, as they analyze each others’ play week to week.

Tags

balugawhale parallels 2 4-tabling whitelime high-stakes

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 62 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Parallels 2: Episode Eleven

or track by Email or RSS

whitelime

521 posts
Joined 01/2008

Great vid guys enjoyed it! I have a question about the 88 hand. You both recommended checking back here as a standard play vs an opponent that likes to 3b u a lot on these fairly connected boards. I agree with the notion that your hand may not be strong enough to call a 3b here but given that you are an aggressive player yourself, aren't you turning your hand face up by checking? For example put yourself in villains spot here, if aggressive button checks back here your not putting him on a draw because he bets 90% of the time so its either weak showdown value or air either way if you are button and you check back here you are giving any decent thinking aggressive opponent a license to 2 barrel you or value own you with a pair of 9's. I realize that pretty much every turn card for 88 is not good but in order to rep the widest range possible I think a bet call is best here. I feel that if villain 3 bet range is so wide that our hand has to call a 3b here. Given that if he continues to fire on any diamond turn you have to fold. Other than that you pretty much have to call turn and minus any river reads on your opponent fold to river bet. This is one of those very very tough situations in nl if you call this 3bet on the flop and maybe thats why you advise checking back but I am not sure if it is the best standard play against villain. I am not sure if any of this makes sense but please let me know what you think.

There's nothing wrong of having a range of weak showdown and air. You can check back the nut flush draw to balance it out sometimes but it's not even necessary. You just have to call down lighter sometimes to combat your opponent's barelling.

Posted over 4 years ago

BalugaWhale

1083 posts
Joined 01/2008

Great vid guys enjoyed it! I have a question about the 88 hand. You both recommended checking back here as a standard play vs an opponent that likes to 3b u a lot on these fairly connected boards. I agree with the notion that your hand may not be strong enough to call a 3b here but given that you are an aggressive player yourself, aren't you turning your hand face up by checking? For example put yourself in villains spot here, if aggressive button checks back here your not putting him on a draw because he bets 90% of the time so its either weak showdown value or air either way if you are button and you check back here you are giving any decent thinking aggressive opponent a license to 2 barrel you or value own you with a pair of 9's. I realize that pretty much every turn card for 88 is not good but in order to rep the widest range possible I think a bet call is best here. I feel that if villain 3 bet range is so wide that our hand has to call a 3b here. Given that if he continues to fire on any diamond turn you have to fold. Other than that you pretty much have to call turn and minus any river reads on your opponent fold to river bet. This is one of those very very tough situations in nl if you call this 3bet on the flop and maybe thats why you advise checking back but I am not sure if it is the best standard play against villain. I am not sure if any of this makes sense but please let me know what you think.

also remember that the biggest reason we're checking back 88 on the flop there often is because we're beat a whole hell of a lot. There's nothing wrong with folding the best hand occassionally provided that its the right thing to do against our opponents range (and, given that our opponents will often valuebet extremely lightly on the turn when we check back, 2nd pair and whatnot, we can usually just check back and then fold.) just combo wise there aren't *that* many combos of stuff that beats us relative to stuff that we beat.

Andrew

Posted over 4 years ago

runners23

129 posts
Joined 01/2011

Easily nutted. TY to all 3 of you. Very good ?s Vlad. Made it the perfect learning experience for me Smile

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Parallels 2 : Episode Eleven