Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Grindcore (Mid Stakes)

The Thin Red Line: Episode Eight

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Thin Red Line: Episode Eight by Grindcore

Grindcore reviews various hands from his whole career which he found interesting in some form.

About The Thin Red Line Subscribe to

DeucesCracked welcomes fan favorite and new instructor Grindcore to the fold with this original video series about that thin, red line – nonshowdown winnings. This winter Bart will take a look at some common misconceptions about the red line and discuss the ins and outs of how small stakes 6max players can pick up previously unreachable profit.

Tags

grindcore the thin red line reads powerpoint hh review ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 56 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Thin Red Line: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

Adebisi38

14 posts
Joined 01/2009

Keep in mind though that these hands are a selection from my entire career, and not a sessions standard.

ok that explains a lot then. =)

Posted almost 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Ok all your thinking process makes a lot of sense and I know you are making a lot of money at these stakes but still... I couldn't be happy with Q high there. Don't you think vilain has TP type hands, FDs in his range ?
I assume the fish thinking process is either " ok I have nothing I'm gonna bluff cheap " or " ok I like my hand, let's put some money in the pot " ?

He doesn't do this with top pair. I give all my reads at the start of the hand. He doesn't minraise the flop if he has something, so when he minraises I know he has no pair and no A high (which is top pair on the river). The only hand beating me is 5x that bluffed the flop and is now betting small because his pair is small or so, but I'm getting insane pot-odds so even if he plays 5x like this 100% of the time it's still a call.

Prologion

2093 posts
Joined 03/2010

I actually think one of the biggest obstacles for many players is to trust their reads in a way which enables them to make these "sick" plays like you do. It takes a lot of confidence.

this!

Depending on my present state of mind, I also of course fight with this topic.

Kesky

39 posts
Joined 07/2009

Excellent video.

I have a question about something you said about the things that happened before you decided to limp AA UTG.

You said that you have overbet bluffed the river against a fish three times in a row because the situations were good for it. This blows my mind a bit.
I do overbet bluff fish occasionally, but I am very hesitant to do it twice in a row, let alone three times because I feel like they would rather burn money than not see my cards.

Would you mins expanding a bit about these spots? They don't have to be the exact three spots, of course . any kind of general respons about the subject will do.

Also, make more vids soon, please.

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Excellent video.

I have a question about something you said about the things that happened before you decided to limp AA UTG.

You said that you have overbet bluffed the river against a fish three times in a row because the situations were good for it. This blows my mind a bit.
I do overbet bluff fish occasionally, but I am very hesitant to do it twice in a row, let alone three times because I feel like they would rather burn money than not see my cards.

Would you mins expanding a bit about these spots? They don't have to be the exact three spots, of course . any kind of general respons about the subject will do.

Also, make more vids soon, please.

Example spot for good overbet bluff: you have a read that villain bets turn when checked to after calling a cbet if he has top pair or air. He only checks 2nd or 3rd pair type hands. When you cbet Axx he calls and checks back turn, you can overbet river.

Adrenalin

1 posts
Joined 09/2008

6/5 stars!

thank u for this great season, i've never seen something more impressiv than this episode. i look forward to see ur videos again.

Kgore

66 posts
Joined 07/2008

I'd love your thoughts on this hand.

It was rush poker and I don't have many reads on the guy besides he's fishy..

Full Tilt Poker $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 773587
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $17.65
UTG: $65.70
Hero (MP): $58.40
CO: $67.20
BTN: $60.00
SB: $93.90

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with Q Club K Heart
1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T Heart 9 Spade 6 Diamond (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) A Club (2 players)
Hero bets $6.00, BTN calls $6

River: ($20.75) 5 Spade (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $15.50, Hero calls $15.50

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

You block some of the combos you're beating. He could also have 66 99 TT A6 A9 AT A5 AJ AQ AK etc. No way you're priced in to call there. Especially readless you can't make these calls. You need to be able to for example discount the 2 pair + hands from his range on the flop/turn because you know he raises those, and then know he won't be able to do this with A2o and/or have a betsize tell. If you had the best hand you just got super lucky.

Kgore

66 posts
Joined 07/2008

You block some of the combos you're beating. He could also have 66 99 TT A6 A9 AT A5 AJ AQ AK etc. No way you're priced in to call there. Especially readless you can't make these calls. You need to be able to for example discount the 2 pair + hands from his range on the flop/turn because you know he raises those, and then know he won't be able to do this with A2o and/or have a betsize tell. If you had the best hand you just got super lucky.

Ty. I didn't have the best hand but I sure as hell didn't expect his hand... 88.

Poemmel

1025 posts
Joined 03/2009

Time Link to 00:13:53

What the heck is he doing on that river?
I mean what does he expect you to fold?

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

What the heck is he doing on that river?
I mean what does he expect you to fold?

Doesn't matter, people are bad at this game.

"I'm repping an ace, I wouldn't check an ace!"
"I check I lose"
etc

Cheerful Demon

5 posts
Joined 03/2010

StueysKid

1016 posts
Joined 11/2009

Perhaps your next series could be called something like "Down with the Sickness" where you show sick hand after sick soul crushing hands like this.

I'm going to do a college dissertation on these hands. Thanks for the series Grindcore!

RushingOver

30 posts
Joined 02/2008

Hey Bart,

Awesome serieesss!!!
I heard u say you play a lot on ipoker if i aint mistaken.
Which skin would u advice and is there any rakeback on ipoker?

Thx

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Hey Bart,

Awesome serieesss!!!
I heard u say you play a lot on ipoker if i aint mistaken.
Which skin would u advice and is there any rakeback on ipoker?

Thx

Look around in the iPoker regs threads on 2+2 in SSNL and MSNL.

Prologion

2093 posts
Joined 03/2010

Look around in the iPoker regs threads on 2+2 in SSNL and MSNL.

Isn`t it a problem for you to play on a site without RSA-Tokens?

pumpui

69 posts
Joined 07/2008

doc.lemon

1810 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:41:47

I do this soo often here, and I just call when the vast majority of their range is bluffs, and then lose to rivered 6 outer or 66.

Nice hand sir

Posted over 3 years ago

themightyjim2k

415 posts
Joined 04/2007

i was with you until the last hand. that one seemed to be a bit of reach imo.

Posted over 3 years ago

DADDYSHOME

125 posts
Joined 12/2010

Time Link to 00:14:18

Lets say you've got 2 very weak cards here, like 8t clubs. Again a good spot to call the flop and underbet the turn like the hand before?

Posted about 3 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Lets say you've got 2 very weak cards here, like 8t clubs. Again a good spot to call the flop and underbet the turn like the hand before?

Your timestamp is off.

Posted about 3 years ago

DADDYSHOME

125 posts
Joined 12/2010

Maybe an idea to do the same in your last episode of the thin red grind. But this time, also show some big laydowns, hands that you lost and hands where villain reads your soul. Thats way more interesting in my opinion bacause in this video it just looks like you always win a big pot if you handread your villain etc.

Posted about 3 years ago

runners23

129 posts
Joined 01/2011

Allermand_DK

953 posts
Joined 11/2008

Time link to 03:44.

How can you be sure that overpairs are not in his range on the river? 65% VPIP agro fish will SP overpairs sometimes imo, but I think it's a very small portion of his range then he half pots river, to make a call plus +EV?

Posted over 2 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Time link to 03:44.

How can you be sure that overpairs are not in his range on the river? 65% VPIP agro fish will SP overpairs sometimes imo, but I think it's a very small portion of his range then he half pots river, to make a call plus +EV?

He was fastplaying things like top pair. These player types rarely slowplay. He also had a timing tell. Yeah he could have an overpair in theory, it's just very unlikely given my reads.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → The Thin Red Line : Episode Eight