Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by DeathDonkey (Mid Stakes)

Relentless Assault: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Relentless Assault: Episode Two by DeathDonkey

DeathDonkey continues his 4-tabling session review and discusses the common marginal situations you find in shorthanded tougher games: blind battles, blind steals, and heads up pots.

About Relentless Assault Subscribe to

Watch as DeathDonkey speeds up and slows down the action as he replays hands from recent midstakes limit hold'em sessions, pausing to discuss unorthodox spots and giving a little insight into the "Blink" moments that put the Death in DeathDonkey.

Tags

deathdonkey relentless assault midstakes limit hold'em 10/20 limit blind battles

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 68 minutes long
  • Posted about 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Relentless Assault: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

pvwinkel

275 posts
Joined 04/2008

I loved the format of this vid. Even though you said you only got to show like 20 minutes of actual play footage, I got a lot out of your thoughts when you pause and even rewind to go back to missed hands.

This video had great content overall because every common situation came up, especially blind battles and BTN steals, when to barrel off vs. checking etc. I would rather see videos like this with a lot of thought-quality than a video that zooms through every hand, which is real difficult with 4 tables.

5 stars!

Posted about 6 years ago

FjodorM

15 posts
Joined 04/2008

Very nice video. I am a bit surprised that you view JesusLebt as such a big maniac, normally he is quite a solid tag and even works as a coach for a site similar to dc. He made some questionable plays though and might have been a bit tiltet.

I don't like your flop call with A3 on the QJ7 board erly in the vid though, against a solid button open range your in quite awful shape (around 31-33% equity depending on the exact handrange).

Posted about 6 years ago

forker

1028 posts
Joined 05/2008

Another exceptionally well done video DeathDonkey.

The pauses are very helpful, and give more time for your excellent audio-commentary which was once again remarkable.
Thank you for your continued effort.

Definitely 5 stars!

Posted about 6 years ago

Entity

8666 posts
Joined 11/2006

I don't like your flop call with A3 on the QJ7 board erly in the vid though, against a solid button open range your in quite awful shape (around 31-33% equity depending on the exact handrange).

I agree 100% with this, FWIW. I was syncing/editing the vid and didn't get to watch the whole thing but that was one hand I saw that I really disagreed with.

Rob

Posted about 6 years ago

akvsaq

102 posts
Joined 02/2007

GREAT VIDEO SERIES!! I have seen every limit holdem video from your site and I love this format the best because you have more time to explain your thought process ACCURATELY. The only thing I would like more of is A LOT MORE OF THESE TYPES OF VIDEOS! =) I like videos where you guys are put in a s***load of tough situations. I don't want to see stuff like you raise 76 and flop 667 like Oink the luckbox keeps doing =) (Oink, your videos are great =)) because I don't learn much from this. I want to see countless examples of stealing J8 and flop coming K65 for example and the thought process of double barreling, who and why, etc.. more complex situations because I'm sure we all generally know what to do when we flop a boat.

In order for me to get better, I would like to see A TON OF HANDS IN TOUGH/MARGINAL SITUATIONS and see how you pros handle them. ESPECIALLY IN STEAL,RE-STEAL/DEFENSE SITUATIONS which this video had a lot of.

Also, the A3 on QJ7, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who didn't like that. I was thinking, I don't like it but who am I to disagree with the great DeathDonkey! =)

Thanks DD for this series and all I would like is A LOT LOT MORE PLEASE!!

Posted about 6 years ago

MickeyWins

1566 posts
Joined 07/2007

DD,
The audio is excellent.
the format is excellent.
your commentary is excellent.
your play is excellent.

The A3 hand, you first mention that c/folding is ok, then you call.
As others have, I stoved it too. you are close in your estimate, you have 33% equity.
my question to you and Entity and anyone else that doesnt like this call(Oink in another similar hand told me that peeling this hand on a flop like this was a mistake) is....
if we have 33% equity isnt it a mistake to fold given 5.3 to one odds on a call?

isnt what makes you, DD a great player, your ability to estimate your equity on the fly?
doesnt folding, negate that advantage?(not to mention giving the pot away)
I think folding the flop is wrong, the correct play is to call.
33% equity is enough to play on, even if its a tough hand to play,
plus I think its only tough if you dont understand the stuff I am noting.(which I might not..lol)

we can play on after the turn card if ...
1) the board pairs (strengthing our SDV with A)
2) another club comes (strengthing our draw)
3) a ace comes (pairing us)
4) a 3 comes... (pairing us)

23 cards

we should fold on any non club K,T,9,8,....12 cards....not enough equity to continue, they pair and otherwise help villain too much, and the pot is still small, not offering enough odds.
we barely have enough equity to continue(27-30%..given 83 to 20 odds, AND ASSUMING A BET! and that villain bets his entire range) with a 6,5,4,2 ..12 cards...because these cards dont pair villain as much, they are somewhat bricks/blanks.

the ace in our hand, while it may be dominated some of the time, gives us SD value.
and I think it helps metagame to SD this hand (but I am not certain of this)

granted if we ge to the river, we have to be able to call in a lot of very tought spots, with not much obvious equity. We call more of the "bad cards" on the river if a bet goes in on the turn.
we have less equity because of the bad card, but we are being offered better odds cause the pot is bigger from the turn bet.

but hell, This hand seperates great players IMO, I hope someday to call this flop myself.

however DD, if you rethink this hand, and decides its a fold on the flop...NEVER MIND, I f'd up somewhere.

Posted about 6 years ago

xrosswind

864 posts
Joined 02/2007

I loved the format of this vid. Even though you said you only got to show like 20 minutes of actual play footage, I got a lot out of your thoughts when you pause and even rewind to go back to missed hands.

This video had great content overall because every common situation came up, especially blind battles and BTN steals, when to barrel off vs. checking etc. I would rather see videos like this with a lot of thought-quality than a video that zooms through every hand, which is real difficult with 4 tables.

5 stars!

I was going to write something very similar to the above, but now I can just quote pvwinke.

Posted about 6 years ago

MrBug

82 posts
Joined 01/2008

Outstanding video, DD.

I liked the fact that you significantly reduced the commentary on ABC standard play and added deep and thoughtful commentary on more creative lines (your turn c/r with KQ on 479Q, monkey38's river c/r with two pair) and close spots (e.g. preflop: 77 vs utg, 66 vs hijack, 95s btn). In my opinion, it is mainly these little things that tend to be separating the decent players from the good ones at mid-stakes these days. I also liked the self-critical analysis of your own play (granted, you don't make too many big mistakes), like the way you played 82ss - it's the kind of tempting play that we have all made in the heat of the moment (wow, monster draw! bluff that ace!), without using/having enough time to realise that it is in fact fairly poor (what's folding???).

Posted about 6 years ago

fnx99

18 posts
Joined 05/2008

i don't play limit but this is really a great vid Smile

also excellent quality(content,audio,screen)

Posted about 6 years ago

xhgrising

25 posts
Joined 03/2008

Absolutely excellent video DD.

This is one of the best poker videos I've ever seen. I don't mean best of yours or best of LHE or even best of this site, but that it's one of the best out there. I would have been thrilled with the content you put out this week even if you cut it off after the first 15 minutes. This format is perfect and the pace with which you went through hands this week was perfect. Keep it up please. I will recommend this site and this series to every person I know that I want to improve at poker.

P.S. I hope I make an appearance at some point in this series. I would love to see the adjustments you make to me and just to hear your critique, but if not, you're breaking down all the regs in my games so I thank you for that. : ) ; )

Posted about 6 years ago

XCappucinoX1

1 posts
Joined 07/2008

seems like opening 60 percent of your hands sb vs bb should be a leak. I assume that playing that many hands out of position has to be -EV. Could you explain

Posted about 6 years ago

nomdeguerre

43 posts
Joined 06/2007

I'm loving this series DD, five stars. Audio was fine too this time.

I thought the A3 hand being debated was certainly close, but fine. I don't see why you'd fold the flop if you estimate you have a third of the equity versus his range, and the turn card was good for our hand. You have a difficult decision if the river comes an 8, 9 or T, but other than that I thought the flop and turn were pretty standard versus a button stealer's range to be honest. Maybe I'm missing something important though, so I'd be interested to hear from those who are saying it was bad play to expand upon their reasoning.

Posted about 6 years ago

owen fields

22 posts
Joined 01/2008

Episode 3?

Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is it Thursday? Was my lunch hour ruined today?

Posted about 6 years ago

Entity

8666 posts
Joined 11/2006

Episode 3?

Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Is it Thursday? Was my lunch hour ruined today?

It should be up shortly, DD had some huge issues with his computer processing the WMV unfortunately. Frown

Rob

Posted about 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid/High Stakes Limit Hold'em → Relentless Assault : Episode Two