August 15, 2011
- Since I don't take sleep aids I still have trouble falling a sleep from time to time. Haven't blogged in a while so figured I'd just ramble a bit. Firstly wanted to talk about about the whole Girah scandal. I've followed it from the start and as usual when something like this comes up whether it be in poker or day to day life, when something doesn't add up, there's always more to it. That's certainly the case with Haseeb, I posted on the DC forums that this was like a 100 piece puzzle with 15 pieces missing. The sad part is, even though he has revealed a lot it's obvious he's still hiding something. The story still doesn't add up.
When I read about things like this I really do appreciate my upbringing. I forgot where I heard this, but Haseeb could do a lot better if he just listened to this advice "When you have a difficult decision, the toughest one is usually right." While it'll be difficult initially it's usually the one that has the least repercussions. However he insists on writing these long blog and forum posts where pieces of the puzzle become uncovered but we're just taking baby steps. I just don't get it, either disappear or come clean.
- One thing that I've come to realize from reading about this is that if I ever commit a crime and see Vanessa as the prosecuting attorney, I'm screwed. From her posts on this case it's obvious she figures out the tough questions to ask and can read between the lines incredibly well.
- This season of Curb Your Enthusiasm has been incredible. I mentioned to my brother that HBO really makes a huge mistake putting Entourage second as going from Curb to Entourage is like going from the penthouse to the outhouse. The Palestinian Chicken episode might be my favorite of all time and single Larry is much better than married Larry. I used to rank Seinfeld ahead of Curb but I may have to reconsider.
- One of my good friends was the first to get married this weekend. The wedding (or what I remember from it) was a blast and I wish him and his beautiful bride the best.
- With all due respect to Notorious BIG, I disagree with him on "Mo Money, Mo Problems"
- My fantasy baseball team the MoLesters is making a late season charge. I was 20 games back of first about 7 weeks ago, since then I'm 52-25 in second place and only 5 games back of first. I have a tough schedule the last 2 weeks, but its been a fun run.
That's all I've got, hope everyone is doing well. For those that can play online poker, hope you're crushing.
Consider what you think justice requires and decide accordingly. But never give your reasons: for your judgment will probably be right but your reasons will certainly be wrong. ~ Lord Mansfield