November 30, 2009
Hey guys, hopefully this will be the first of many blog posts. Iâ€™ve started 2 blogs before that have lasted a couple months each but writing seems to be a good escape from poker for me so this should last a little longer. The blog will consist of my thoughts about sports, poker, and whatever else is on my mind. Hereâ€™s a bunch of recent events/random thoughts
- My friend recently sent me a googlewave invite. My first thought are that itâ€™s very overwhelming. However once I get used to the features it should be very cool to use, itâ€™s like E-mail on steroids. I do have a few extra invites so if you want one, let me know.
- Iâ€™m doing a prop bet with Jason Paster (Pasterbator) for the month of December. I have to play 45k hands and he has to play for 65 hours. Iâ€™ve never played 40k hands in a month before so this should be challenging. However, instead of coming up with excuses not to play Iâ€™ll be forced to. My monetary goal for this month is at least 10k. Realistically Iâ€™d like to make more but Iâ€™m not sure how well Iâ€™m going to play putting in longer sessions consisting of more hands.
- Iâ€™m currently on a diet with the goal to lose 15 pounds in 2 months. Realistically it shouldnâ€™t be that hard however I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth. Iâ€™m currently at 188 and have been around 175 a few times the past couple years but I tend to yo-yo. Basically my diet consists of eliminating junk food, exercising for 30 minutes a day 5 times a week, and cutting every major meal I eat by 1/4. Itâ€™s probably not the most efficient way to diet but itâ€™s worked before so Iâ€™m going to stick with it. It is amazing how difficult it is to stay motivated to stay in shape when not playing a sport.
- After reading Tommy Angeloâ€™s meditation 101 on his website Iâ€™ve decided to buy a meditation bench and zabuton off of amazon. Since watching his series on DC Iâ€™ve been much better in regards to playing my A game and not tilting so Iâ€™d figure Iâ€™d give this a shot too, cant hurt.
- Iâ€™m stoked about tonightâ€™s Monday Night Football game. So many times later in the year we get a worthless game (See Ravens-Browns) but tonightâ€™s game should be very exciting. I personally donâ€™t care who wins the game as long as Devery Henderson doesnâ€™t gain 120 yards and/or score a TD.
Something Iâ€™ll also do at the end of every blog post is add a quote (With the exception of my random youtube video posts). These will be completely random and consist of famous quotes, movie exchanges, etc.
â€œFailure to prepare is preparing to failâ€
- John Wooden