Micro Stakes Online NL Poker Forums

Page 2: shout out to some special members here on DC

or track by Email or RSS

colddeck185

982 posts
Joined 05/2011

What's your experience quaddueces.. For stakes you have played in.

Posted about 4 years ago

colddeck185

982 posts
Joined 05/2011

QuadDeuces

1838 posts
Joined 09/2008

QuadDeuces

1838 posts
Joined 09/2008

If you are looking for vids on how exploitive play has changed watch Baluga Whale's latest series.

Posted about 4 years ago

SnappieVouz

2620 posts
Joined 03/2009

If you are looking for vids on how exploitive play has changed watch Baluga Whale's latest series.

Or watch anything related to BalugaWhale.

One thing with BalugaWhale is that you need to listen really carefully what he is saying. If you listen to his thought process you start to get a firm grip of the fundaments of profitable 6 max poker play.

Two years ago, I blamed baluga for making me spewy. I would say, "yeahh this guy.. he is advocating some loose 3-betting and stealing style... and that just doesn't work at lower stakes".

Now I am back in the game, started at 5nl, and now 20k hands later I am almost at 10nl I started to listen to the old baluga videos. Now I hear it's way more about getting the right value and how to get it. Position, Position, Position.

His pre flop strategy basically comes down to:
Do I have:
- Card advantage?
- Position advantage?
- Skill advantage?

Very easy to keep these 3 questions in mind, I would say.

Post flop:

When going for value, can I get called by worse? When bluffing, will better hands folds?

To me, that is basically what it takes to get trough the mistakes. I view myself as a beginning player because I didn't play for atleast 2 years. But I would def. recommend listening to the old baluga videos.

Not sure where I got this spewy idea from back in the days, but with the thought processes he explains in his videos I am now playing around the 23/21 or something..

Just my 2c.

Great that you moved up so quickly! Congrats!

Posted about 4 years ago

colddeck185

982 posts
Joined 05/2011

Thanks..I was really hoping that the members posted in the thread here would get to See my appreciation for there help..AS they were a big help to my progression out of the micros quickly.

Posted about 4 years ago

arizonabay

1432 posts
Joined 06/2013

Hey colddeck - congrats on the move up and thanks for the mention but if you have made the jump most of the credit is yours. I am glad I was able to help. DC was incredibly instrumental to me making it through the micros as well and I am glad I can a little back. DC is still part of my daily routine and I have no doubt will help me continue to improve. I had even planned on taking a day or two off from anything poker related but I can't seem to avoid checking in at least once a day.

Good Luck colddedeck!

Posted about 4 years ago

colddeck185

982 posts
Joined 05/2011

Hey colddeck - congrats on the move up and thanks for the mention but if you have made the jump most of the credit is yours. I am glad I was able to help. DC was incredibly instrumental to me making it through the micros as well and I am glad I can a little back. DC is still part of my daily routine and I have no doubt will help me continue to improve. I had even planned on taking a day or two off from anything poker related but I can't seem to avoid checking in at least once a day.

Good Luck colddedeck!

Smile

Posted about 4 years ago

QuadDeuces

1838 posts
Joined 09/2008

Check out this blog thread by an aggromaniac owning 100NL zoom (and more recently 200NL zoom) by exploitatively using fold equity vs regs:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/100nl-zoom-beyond-lol-math-lol-balance-1443482/

NB: I'm not advocating how he plays in his posted hands which are pretty crazy. I'm just sayin' his success well illustrates 100NL & 200NL regs posses an unbalanced excess of fold buttons.

Posted about 4 years ago

Miserry

407 posts
Joined 03/2011

GC's vids are old now, too.

Well, this kind of hand reading skills looks like not gonna done "old" soon imo.

Posted about 4 years ago

akroma

1496 posts
Joined 04/2010

Check out this blog thread by an aggromaniac owning 100NL zoom (and more recently 200NL zoom) by exploitatively using fold equity vs regs:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/100nl-zoom-beyond-lol-math-lol-balance-1443482/

NB: I'm not advocating how he plays in his posted hands which are pretty crazy. I'm just sayin' his success well illustrates 100NL & 200NL regs posses an unbalanced excess of fold buttons.

They have these tendencies because on balance thats the most profitable way to play their player pool. I know I have the same imbalance.

In Zoom games the players are even more like this btw. There is prob more value to them in moving to the next hand.

Posted about 4 years ago

akroma

1496 posts
Joined 04/2010

Btw I doubt he will be able to do this for long (200K hands really isnt long at Zoom). Although Im surprised he got away with it for this long. I started out playing Zoom the same way but the Regs started to adjust to me pretty quickly (this was when I started playing NL, about a year ago).

U sure this is legit? Seems like a huge troll to me. He is making some obv retarded plays (65s first hand) imo. Also the other posters seem to be kidding around as well realizing thse plays are just spewy.

Posted about 4 years ago

QuadDeuces

1838 posts
Joined 09/2008

Btw I doubt he will be able to do this for long (200K hands really isnt long at Zoom). Although Im surprised he got away with it for this long. I started out playing Zoom the same way but the Regs started to adjust to me pretty quickly (this was when I started playing NL, about a year ago).

U sure this is legit? Seems like a huge troll to me. He is making some obv retarded plays (65s first hand) imo. Also the other posters seem to be kidding around as well realizing thse plays are just spewy.

I don't know if he's legit. His play is very spewy that's for sure.

Posted about 4 years ago

QuadDeuces

1838 posts
Joined 09/2008

Then check out this guy's red-line after he gets coaching (which again illustrates fold equity vs regs at 100NL):

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/100nl-zoom-uk-live-cash-pokers-glgl-1419835/

Posted about 4 years ago

akroma

1496 posts
Joined 04/2010

Then check out this guy's red-line after he gets coaching (which again illustrates fold equity vs regs at 100NL):

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/100nl-zoom-uk-live-cash-pokers-glgl-1419835/

Im not doubting the FE at 100NL. Players fold a lot including myself. I believe this is correct given player pool tendencies.

Posted about 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → shout out to some special members here on DC