Dealt to Hero KSpade QDiamond

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 5Spade 9Club QHeart

Hero bets $0.36, CO calls $0.36

TURN ($1.19) 5Spade 9Club QHeart 3Heart

Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80

RIVER ($2.79) 5Spade 9Club QHeart 3Heart 2Diamond

Hero checks, CO bets $3.58, Hero ????

Villain in this hand was playing super fishy and maniac style. 58/42 33.3 3bet over 20 hands. 44% agg freq, .8AF, so calling station when he's not betting. Fold to cbet 0% (3 times), fold to turn cbet 0% (2 times). he's won all 3 times he's gone to showdown, so fish on a heater I guess. Play it different? Hero call?

Posted almost 8 years ago

Langerz

5183 posts
Joined 02/2007

I'd probably bet river. If he's a maniac c/c could also be good and preferred if we are confident he bluffs river. I wouldn't c/f vs a guy like this.

zv2009

146 posts
Joined 01/2010

bet size on river? fold or call raise?

identifier

2141 posts
Joined 07/2008

I'd bet fold the river for $2 or something

TtheAntlers

1272 posts
Joined 01/2010

bet size on river? fold or call raise?

I would bet fairly close to pot on the river for value. If I get raised here I probably call, see what he has, and make a note.

LuckyStraights

623 posts
Joined 02/2009

zv2009

146 posts
Joined 01/2010

to induce bluffs from this fishy villain who is very likely to bet all missed draws and less likely to call any worthwhile bet with anything I beat on this relatively dry board... A4 and 46 are the only draws that could've gotten there. I do think it would have been better to bet as previously mentioned, like $2, but I'm not sure if I could call a raise.

LuckyStraights

623 posts
Joined 02/2009

to induce bluffs from this fishy villain who is very likely to bet all missed draws and less likely to call any worthwhile bet with anything I beat on this relatively dry board... A4 and 46 are the only draws that could've gotten there. I do think it would have been better to bet as previously mentioned, like $2, but I'm not sure if I could call a raise.

There are few draws in his range. Unless villain bets 9-x and Q-x on this river a high % of the time, we should be valuebetting. It'd be a disaster to see him check back a hand as strong as QT.

zv2009

146 posts
Joined 01/2010

There are few draws in his range. Unless villain bets 9-x and Q-x on this river a high % of the time, we should be valuebetting. It'd be a disaster to see him check back a hand as strong as QT.

I felt inclined that he was more likely to bet considering his aggro nature pre-flop and I just felt like he could very well think he was value betting his 9x type hand here since I double barreled and am now checking.

Soooo, if anybody's interested, I did make the hero call because it was such a weird line and did think villain was bluffing, and he showed a set of 9's. Frown

The good news is I was able to see his silly fishy line when he has a good hand without having to fold the river (if I b/f) Smile, although I don't know how likely I'll see him at the tables again.

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → 5NL Deep - Fishy Line, Hero Call OK?