General Poker Discussion Poker Forums

Page 4: DC Kiva Challenge!

or track by Email or RSS

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

second domain link has an error tecmo - remove the %2c in the url

Thanks. If you just type it in, it works fine. Apparently if you put a comma after the link it inserts that crazy %2c thing so I put a space and then the comma Smile

Posted over 7 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

Made some changes to the website. Lmk what you guys think.

www.bi2g.org

Posted over 7 years ago

1BYONE

5528 posts
Joined 05/2009

Thanks man. How is this?

http://www.buyintogiving.org/how-kiva-works.html

You could maybe add your story on how this bright idea popped up. You could write your story or even record a video and upload it to make it more personal. Do you know a lot of stuff about developing a website or you just wanna keep it simple? Pretty sure you could find a volunteer within the community to help you with this skillful task.

Posted over 7 years ago

cooper667

275 posts
Joined 12/2008

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

You could maybe add your story on how this bright idea popped up. You could write your story or even record a video and upload it to make it more personal. Do you know a lot of stuff about developing a website or you just wanna keep it simple? Pretty sure you could find a volunteer within the community to help you with this skillful task.

That's not a bad idea. I'll see what I can whip up.

I know enough to do what I've done, but I don't know much about programming and stuff.

Posted over 7 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

I can do any web work you need.

Noted Wink

Posted over 7 years ago

1BYONE

5528 posts
Joined 05/2009

The most important thing atm would be to develop the different communication channels because how to increase the number of loaners in the group if people do not know about it? Thats the thing to focus on now I guess and thats what Tackleberry started pretty well. You should start to develop the networking and the word to mouth by using different canals.

I guess its gonna be pretty hard and exhausting to do everything by yourself. Do you have already a team in place? If not, you should start to think about it, pick up few people and maybe assign specific responsibilities for each volunteer. Its not that hard as long as we are organized.

Another idea that just comes to my mind. This thing should go worldwide (I see a big picture of it) and having a couple of guys who can post in their home language about the Kiva challenge on different forum (lets say the most notorious poker community in a particular overseas country). You could start by that and then spreading it to the other "non famous" community in that country. I would love to develop that in my home country. French, German, Spanish, Scandinavians (I dunno about the different languages up there) and maybe even Mandarin/Cantonese, ... See what I mean.

The website is basic and a bit empty but it should be fair enough for the time being as long as you plan to improve it imo

Well feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about it Smile

Posted over 7 years ago

cooper667

275 posts
Joined 12/2008

I just got Annie Duke to tweet about us.

Posted over 7 years ago

Zitouni

Section 9
574 posts
Joined 12/2008

In !

Very nice work guys.
When I see that, I understand why this community is becoming so great !!

Posted over 7 years ago

1BYONE

5528 posts
Joined 05/2009

EPIC and thats just the beginning imo

Posted over 7 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

What is her twitter name?

Posted over 7 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5690 posts
Joined 01/2009

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on expansion. I'm doing a ton of work on this behind the scenes Smile

Posted over 7 years ago

1BYONE

5528 posts
Joined 05/2009

cooper667

275 posts
Joined 12/2008

Tackleberry

3561 posts
Joined 10/2009

CR deleted my thread (due to their policies).

Posted over 7 years ago

HomePoker ForumsGeneral Poker Discussion → DC Kiva Challenge!