Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by threads13 (Micro/Small Stakes)

Threads13 Plays: 25nl Bovada Zone Poker 2 Tables

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Threads13 Plays: 25nl Bovada Zone Poker 2 Tables by threads13

Join Jacob "threads13" Hoke at 25NL Zone on the Bovada network. This session features many examples in betting for protection.

About Threads13 Plays Subscribe to

Join Jacob "Threads13" Hoke as he takes to the tables for some live action grinding! Jacob walks the viewer through his decision making process as he plays. See how your style compares to Jacob's!

Tags

6max microstakes 25nl threads13 Bovada zone poker 2 table

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Threads13 Plays: 25nl Bovada Zone Poker 2 Tables

or track by Email or RSS

murken840

0 posts
Joined 07/2014

Great game! I have 2 questions... first is about the fold of the 78s on the button... why do you believe it's a mistake to call against an ep raise as that range is exactly what in my very uninformed opinion you should be looking to bust with such a hand?

Lastly, do you feel that zone or rush games in particular are better for your EV and winnings due to the sheer volume of hands you can play as opposed to regular 6max on Bovada? I feel that despite losing the ability to take notes on players that just the sheer volume of hands that I'm able to play on zone is infinitely more profitable than playing 4 6max tables....

Posted over 2 years ago

murken840

0 posts
Joined 07/2014

Will you ever do a video of some Bovada tourneys in the 10-50 buyin range... that would be great to hear your thoughts on some of the play and some situations even though I have only seen cash game videos from you... also great btw

Posted over 2 years ago

milkybk

0 posts
Joined 01/2016

Time Link to 00:12:27

In the hand where you had TT in the BB; if player 3 hadn't limped would you have just flatted player 5's 3BB initial raise or would you always be 3-betting this hand OOP (even with the discount of 2BB for being in the BB)?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

3260 posts
Joined 03/2008

Great game! I have 2 questions... first is about the fold of the 78s on the button... why do you believe it's a mistake to call against an ep raise as that range is exactly what in my very uninformed opinion you should be looking to bust with such a hand?

Playing vs EP/MP we basically have to try to improve to better hands than them, and 87s is not very good at that. It makes two-pair+ ~5% of the time. By comparison a PP makes a set+ 13% - so it's night and day. Yeah, it makes some draws, but they are either weak obvious. Actually, most winners from higher stakes don't even call 22 there so 87s for implied odds can't be a call.

Lastly, do you feel that zone or rush games in particular are better for your EV and winnings due to the sheer volume of hands you can play as opposed to regular 6max on Bovada? I feel that despite losing the ability to take notes on players that just the sheer volume of hands that I'm able to play on zone is infinitely more profitable than playing 4 6max tables....

I think it isn't an either or thing. Both games have pros and cons. Typically playing slower and giving yourself time to think is important for improving, but getting in a bunch of volume is helpful. It is really about where you are at with your game.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

3260 posts
Joined 03/2008

Will you ever do a video of some Bovada tourneys in the 10-50 buyin range... that would be great to hear your thoughts on some of the play and some situations even though I have only seen cash game videos from you... also great btw

I don't think it would be very great to hear me talk about tournaments Smile I'm not very good at them lol. So I don't have any plans to do any in the meantime - I'd probably say a bunch of dumb stuff... but maybe that is entertaining Smile

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

3260 posts
Joined 03/2008

In the hand where you had TT in the BB; if player 3 hadn't limped would you have just flatted player 5's 3BB initial raise or would you always be 3-betting this hand OOP (even with the discount of 2BB for being in the BB)?

Vs a CO open I typically flat TT in the BB, but 3b in the SB.

Posted over 2 years ago

murken840

0 posts
Joined 07/2014

Is there a range of hands that you typically flat late position raises with from the SB besides maybe 77-99?

Also what hands do you flat a 3b with typically blind vs blind in these games?

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

3260 posts
Joined 03/2008

Is there a range of hands that you typically flat late position raises with from the SB besides maybe 77-99?

Also what hands do you flat a 3b with typically blind vs blind in these games?

I don't do much flatting in the SB vs 3x opens, if any.

But my BvB 3betting ranges are so fluid and wide that it is hard to list it. As far as the good hands go, something like A8s+,88+,AQo+, KQs... give or take a few hands.

Posted over 2 years ago

sipslow

0 posts
Joined 04/2016

Time Link to 00:03:58

What factors make A2s a profitable call in the BB against an EP or MP open? I almost always 3-bet or fold hands like A2s and other small suited aces in the blinds vs. an EP or MP open, unless there's a very specific weakness about my opponent that I know I can exploit.

Posted over 2 years ago

threads13

3260 posts
Joined 03/2008

What factors make A2s a profitable call in the BB against an EP or MP open? I almost always 3-bet or fold hands like A2s and other small suited aces in the blinds vs. an EP or MP open, unless there's a very specific weakness about my opponent that I know I can exploit.

You're getting a great price and are closing the action (easy to underestimate the importance) so it's a good enough hand without needing a read. It's like if you have 88 OTB vs an EP open - you don't need a read to play it, it's just a good enough hand.. We are trying to do better than realizing a -100bb/100 loss that we have by folding. You also want to call 54s and 86s.

Posted over 2 years ago

R-a-p-id260

-1 posts
Joined 01/2016

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → Threads13 Plays : 25nl Bovada Zone Poker 2 Tables