Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by blah234 (Micro/Small Stakes)

Apex Predator: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Apex Predator: Episode Three by blah234

Blah234 is talking about CBetting, both from the perspective as the pre-flop raiser, and the pre-flop caller.

About Apex Predator Subscribe to

Say goodbye to ABC poker! Blah234 opens the door to the other side of "standard" poker and help you to become the apex predator at your tables. Learn how to turn other small stakes player's weaknesses into previously unreachable profits.

Tags

blah234 apex predator theory ipod friendly powerpoint classroom small-stakes

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Apex Predator: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

LuigiVampa

189 posts
Joined 11/2010

soleztis

DC Dalai Lama
1026 posts
Joined 09/2010

Is that American Dad in the background?

Posted almost 7 years ago

Slowjoe

1117 posts
Joined 01/2010

An interesting video. Like the last episode, I would have liked you to look at what you do differently IP v OOP.

Also would like a slide for the Baluga hand.

HighOctane

907 posts
Joined 09/2008

Amazing video. Theory video's are the best imo.

herog100

1 posts
Joined 05/2011

Very nice video. Will love to see you playing live =)

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

An interesting video. Like the last episode, I would have liked you to look at what you do differently IP v OOP.

Also would like a slide for the Baluga hand.

Thank you for your suggestions

I decided not to cover how to use position in this series as it is a more advanced concept which involves range constructing ranges for few different scenarios. To explain why we use different range IP and OOP would open up a new can of worms. I can maybe explain it in a different series in the future.

Slowjoe

1117 posts
Joined 01/2010

Thank you for your suggestions

I decided not to cover how to use position in this series as it is a more advanced concept which involves range constructing ranges for few different scenarios. To explain why we use different range IP and OOP would open up a new can of worms. I can maybe explain it in a different series in the future.

That''s quite unfortunate. For a clear example why, look at the 3betting war issue. It's quite reasonable (especially when deep) to have a "flat 3bet" range IP, and not have one OOP. Your treatment of the subject doesn't really address this.

As a viewer (and admirer) of this series, it is hard to apply the theory correctly without examples. I'm not so concerned for myself on the issue of 3bet wars, since I consider myself to have a good conceptual framework for this subject, but I lack this for the cbetting and counter-cbetting material in this video.

Maybe the live-play will fix this, but I would have thought that a theory series would work better as an educational aid with pre-chosen example hands than live play.

Slowjoe

1117 posts
Joined 01/2010

To explain why we use different range IP and OOP would open up a new can of worms. I can maybe explain it in a different series in the future.

This is hard to understand. I'm risking money based on what you are telling me, but you're only telling me half the answer? If it takes two episodes (one IP, the other OOP) to cover 3betting or cbetting properly, I'm sure the DC community can accept that.

Ronin12

1 posts
Joined 12/2009

I love this series. you are certainly a first class pedagog. The clarity of ur thought process is testomony to finely tuned poker mind. I love your work.

ps I love your books too, the poker blue print and exploiting regulars. And anyone who quotes Bruce Lee has got to be alright in my opinion!

mpokerdonk

68 posts
Joined 12/2010

how do we do the math to figure out if calling is better than 3 betting EV wise IE: a very loose player on btn who calls 3 bets wide you have KJ or AJ maybe even AQ and say a fish is in BB when your in SB.
seems like i can win more often with the 3 bet and c bet but would playing a 3 way pot oop with 2 mega fish be more profitable???

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

how do we do the math to figure out if calling is better than 3 betting EV wise IE: a very loose player on btn who calls 3 bets wide you have KJ or AJ maybe even AQ and say a fish is in BB when your in SB.
seems like i can win more often with the 3 bet and c bet but would playing a 3 way pot oop with 2 mega fish be more profitable???

You can compare EV of different lines given a set of assumptions and ranges using cardrunner EV model. It's impossible to figure out the exact EV since that would solve NLHM but you can see how assumptions and ranges affect the EV of different lines and then take your best guess during game with that knowledge.

Sinthoras1

302 posts
Joined 05/2011

Epic video! At SSNL everyone is quite solid at the preflop war but most regs including me are not comftable at playing back at notorious cbettors. I'm wondering if you could make the live video on 4handed tables where the blind wars are so prevalent

mpokerdonk

68 posts
Joined 12/2010

i have another question about atacking c bets what if villain is c betting his whole range on certain board textures? how would we combat that would we never fold or would we rather bluff raise and call with medium strength hands???

runners23

129 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:18:31

So I see so many guys floating to CRs in my games. I rarely ever CR too, so clearly I do this for value to but since they float so light to them dont you think I should barrel more? Or is that gonna get spewy when villian decides to hero call with MP or ace high. Like I have a guy who opens 84 percent on BTN hes a reg. Should I be CR bluffing him alot and firing alot of turns? I sometimes chicken out in these spots because I feel i get hero called way to much. Ty for any response to this... Great series BTW Smile

HomePoker ForumsSmall Stakes Shorthanded NL → Apex Predator : Episode Three