Heads Up NL Poker Forums

50nl TP OOP v. winning reg

or track by Email or RSS

Bonito

812 posts
Joined 05/2009

Havent played too many hands with villain. He is a winning reg. He is in for $50 and Im in for the rest. So he is winning so far. I have yet to see him 3 barrel but Im pretty sure based on his play he is capable of it.

My question is how often is he going to 3 barrel this board?

Hero (BB): $105.50
BTN/SB: $65.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A Club 7 Club
BTN/SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) A Heart Q Heart 3 Diamond (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.00) K Club (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($16.00) 8 Spade (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $10, hero folds???

Posted over 8 years ago

Poker_Road

1228 posts
Joined 11/2009

Id call here.
were geting a nice price & he could have a missed fd or could be thin v/betn a worse A

Posted over 8 years ago

Bonito

812 posts
Joined 05/2009

Id call here.
were geting a nice price & he could have a missed fd or could be thin v/betn a worse A

There are no worse Ax hands in his range our kicker doesnt play.

Posted over 8 years ago

Poker_Road

1228 posts
Joined 11/2009

Just because we chop with worse Ax ..doesnt mean he doesnt have Worse Ax here does it?

Posted over 8 years ago

Onraad

631 posts
Joined 08/2008

Just because we chop with worse Ax ..doesnt mean he doesnt have Worse Ax here does it?

It does mean we can only beat his air, since we chop with all his worse A's..

His sizing is pretty weird though, any info on this OP?

Posted over 8 years ago

Bonito

812 posts
Joined 05/2009

It does mean we can only beat his air, since we chop with all his worse A's..

His sizing is pretty weird though, any info on this OP?

Not at the time the hand was played. About 20 hands later yes I do have bet sizing information.

Up to this point it had just been a really agro (for 50nl HU) match with a couple very standard large pots early that I had the wrong end of. Like KK v. AA AIPF, NFD + overs in 3b pot, and set v. over pair also 3b pot.

Only about 30-40 hands into the match so far.

Posted over 8 years ago

supsis

146 posts
Joined 05/2009

From his perspective, your line is very passive and both of your ranges seem pretty wide. You have a weak made hand or draw. He has what %70 button, 80% cbet, and a barrel the turn with a safe scare card. His range seems pretty open. Some playback somewhere would define that more. A7s is at the bottom of a 15% 3bet value range. TP could xr or donk the flop vs Qx, FDs, GS maybe some PP. The turn adds Kx, but looses JT and some 2 pr.

So if he's a winning reg I think his range here is wide. I think seeing his barreling range is good. I think you could exploit his adjustments after he sees you c/c 3 streets with TP. Otherwise, c/cing like this seems exploitable as is c/fing.

With your money, I'd love to see what a shove does to him. I think a ton of bluff catchers might show up in his range, just because the line is so strange and polarizing.

That being said, I'm just starting to take a crack uHUNL, so I'm just chiming in and enjoying thinking about the game. Playing black postflop is something I am trying to work on.

Posted over 8 years ago

kilkelly

54 posts
Joined 10/2009

Its a great price on the call. He could have a lot of missed draws, bluffs or chops here.

Posted over 8 years ago

NoWayFolding

3813 posts
Joined 03/2008

Id muck this.

People arent barreling A hi flops a lot.

Posted over 8 years ago

LuckyStraights

623 posts
Joined 02/2009

Id muck this.

People arent barreling A hi flops a lot.

I agree, he also isn't betting Q's on the turn so you really need him to be bluffing here. He also doesn't vb worse A-x if he's at all a thinking player. I would fold turn FWIW.

Posted over 8 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → 50nl TP OOP v. winning reg