September 16, 2011
On September 22nd, many GOP primary candidates will attend the Fox News/Google Debate, where they will be answering some viewer-submitted questions. Questions with the most votes will be answered live by one or all of the candidates. So, let's get a lot of votes!
1. Click HERE to visit the debate website.
2. Look for the vote tab in the left hand corner of the page under the heading FoxNews/Google Debate logo.
3. Then, under the topic menu, select Jobs and Economy.
4. Go to the search box under Ask a Question and search for the term poker.
5. Find the video by John from Washington DC. You may need to scroll down to find the video.
6. After watching, cast your approving vote by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. You will need to be logged into your YouTube account to vote.
7. If you are not able to watch the short video, this question was submitted as text as well, so please vote it up there.
8. Send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE.
Here's a pictorial guide: http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/TheEngineer2007/youtubedebate2.jpg
If you need detailed instructions, please click here for a step-by-step video.
Please reply in this thread with tweeted, done, etc. to encourage others to participate. Please also consider revising your profile location to indicate support for the action thread. The past 23 actions have generated triple-digit participation, so let's keep it growing. Thanks!
Ok! Happy to say my brain did good with the picture you provided.
Took more than 30 seconds though because I watched the video, which is 38 seconds.
I thumbed up the text part as well as the video, but we're in real trouble. There are as many votes against us as there are for us. I know you said the vote count is slow, but the ratio is what I'm concerned about.
SO EVERYBODY GET THIS DONE. If *I* can do it, pretty much *anybody* can do it.
IT TOOK LESS THAN A MINUTE!
Weekend of September 17th, 2011
It will take you less than thirty seconds! Thank you for participating. Now that Freeh and Ridge are officially on board, let's reach out to Congressional GOP leadership:
- Send a prefilled, editable pro-poker Twitter message to House Speaker John Boehner (OH) HERE and HERE (separate Twitter accounts), GOP Conference Chair Sen. Lamar Alexander (TN) HERE and GOP Policy Committee Chairman Sen. John Thune (SD) HERE.
- Try to wait at least an hour, then send these Twitter messages to Rep. Boehner HERE and HERE, Sen. Alexander HERE, and Sen. Thune HERE.
- Send a prefilled tweet promoting today's action plan HERE.
- Please follow the daily action plan on Twitter HERE and on Facebook HERE.
Please reply in this thread with tweeted, done, etc. to encourage others to participate. The past 24 actions have generated triple-digit participation, so let's keep it growing. Thanks!
If you wish to do more this weekend, let's continue to reach out to the deficit super committee. Here's the list:
Co-Chair -- Jeb Hensarling: Facebook Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment Contact
Dave Camp: Facebook Facebook Contact
Fred Upton: Facebook Facebook Contact
Rob Portman: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment Contact (site set to censor the word poker)
Jon Kyl: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment (actively deletes pro-poker posts) Contact
Patrick Toomey: Facebook Facebook (second site was actively deleting pro-poker posts, but now appears to be allowing them to stay) Contact
James Clyburn: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment (first site set to censor the word poker) Facebook (second site permits direct posting) Contact
Xavier Becerra: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment Contact
Chris Van Hollen: Facebook Contact
Co-Chair -- Patty Murray: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment Contact
Max Baucus: Facebook Facebook post on which we can comment Contact (it's not Rep. Spencer Bachus, so please don't blast him! (site set to censor the word poker)
John Kerry: Facebook Facebook Contact