I know there are a ton of groups that try and get formed every day.
Some actually turn out to be good for everyone, and last.
But really most start off strong, and simply fade away. People lose interest, time conflictions, lack of participation, numerous reasons, but like start up companies, most fail.
With that said, I would like to start a PLO group. But with some twists, and add my experience from others.
1. Looking for only commited PLO players.
A) Commitment definition:
* Be available once a week for a sweat.
* Participate in group activity at least once every 2 weeks(activitys include video review, hand review, HEM or PT stat review, book review)
* Invest $10 month in group. Will be getting a PLO coach to do group coaching for the group, and will cover most the cost, but every will be required to contribute $10 a month for the coach. It will be a well known DC coach, who has a great reputation.
* Encourage and help each member.
B) Would like to limit this group to 10 or less. For many reasons. Smaller numbers make it easier for everyone to bond, and really commit to helping and pushing each other. Also 10 is pretty much max you want for group coaching.
C) I currently play 4-8 hours a day, and am rebuilding my game in micros right now. Last year I was as high as 200, but had to many swings and wound up losing for the year. Would like any interested to play at least 15-30 hours a week, and be no higher than 200 PLO. As honestly not sure starting we could offer much to anyone playing above 200. But later we can, and should be able to.
D) If PLO is game you want to crush, poker is something you want to make more than just a hobby, and have the dedication, desire, and want. But lack the tools, and poker buddies to help you get there, than this is the place for you.
I will make it back to 200 or higher this year, will make SN, and will not be denied. I just hope I do it with others along the way. Every pro, and every DC coach here, had players they were helped along by, or grew with. Now is OUR time!
If this is you, and your ready to commit...Post here or IM me, and we can get rolling.