Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by ambtndplyr (Micro/Small Stakes)

Ghost: Ambtndplyr (#2) - 6max 50NL

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ghost: Ambtndplyr (#2) - 6max 50NL by ambtndplyr

Ambtndplyr lets us sweat him as he 2-tables 50NL as he plays for you and works on hand selection geared toward 3-betting and his thoughts on variance, bet sizing, and other topics that have come up in the micro-stakes forum.

About Ghost Subscribe to

Ghost the best of DeucesCracked in the shorthanded games they play in today.

Tags

ambtndplyr ghost 50nl 50 nl 2-tabling hand ranges variance 3-betting

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 59 minutes long
  • Posted almost 5 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ghost: Ambtndplyr (#2) - 6max 50NL

or track by Email or RSS

mrjusticerowlatt

248 posts
Joined 09/2008

Time Link to 00:23:02

You say the 2barrel is for the same reasons as earlier, but I think this is a very different situation because of board texture.

On the Q72 board earlier you bet big on the flop expecting to take it down a lot with a two barrel, which was cool. Here on KQx you take the same line. I would expect someone to fold pretty rarely to a 2barrel on this board because they will fold a lot of those PPs you are folding out on with 2barrels on Q72 on the flop, so their range is much more weighted to stronger hands like Kx Qx that probably won't fold to 2.

Or are you just expecting a fish like this to l/c c/c c/f really often on any board?

Posted almost 5 years ago

Schnuedel

5 posts
Joined 05/2009

Hey!
This is the link to the tool Martin is talking about at the end, its called Equilab: http://pokerevolution.de/downloads/details/121/ - Schnüdel, Martin's student

AK22

7 posts
Joined 01/2010

timing idea versus 1 table guys and aggrofish makes a lot of sense to me and though you were beat here this is very helpfull for me
cool vid, loved to see more of those!!

JohnStockton

8 posts
Joined 01/2010

Hallo!
I really like yout thoughts about variance and about the ways how a lot of persons around us tend to think - entertaining and something to learn!
The carddead times are used as good as seldomly seen before! Heart

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:05:01

This seems to be very player specific , the bet sizing here , ive seen alot of videos where they say they like to bet small on the flop and large on the turn. We are opening our widest range here on the btn and we will be cbeting this flop 100% so we can get away cheaply as a bluff or incourage a loose call which creates a wider and weaker turn range for us to barrel on. A small bet on the flop is tempting then followed by a large turn bet can scary. Plus as an overall stradegy it would be nicer to be able to get away with smaller/cheaper cbets on dry flops. Im not saying i dont agree with your sizing i just find it interesting how different pros have different ideas , had this flop being rainbow i guess it would of made for a better example since a larger bet might be best when its two tone.

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:23:37

Did you make it 5x here when sb limped in ? if so is that your standard size or do you vary it depending on hand strenght / stack size .. ?

Could you give your reasoning for barreling this turn ? its not something i would of done. My reasoning is that there are some weakmade hands namely PP that would fold but he did limp so i would discount alot of them , then i would think hes not folding any Kx/Qx , straight or flush draw so im unlikely to get a fold here often enough for this to be profitable.

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:25:45

What would be the bottom of your raising range here in BB given the limper and SB shortstack ?

spotDEspot

910 posts
Joined 06/2008

Really good video - enjoyed it and learnt quite a bit. I don't use HEM as much as I should but have moved up to 50nl and don't have the hand histories yet to run filters etc on regs' tendencies. How many hands do you think are needed for a sample to be useful? I know it depends on the stat obviously but is there any point in trying to find out how many times someone c/f turns or rivers before you have a couple of thousand hands for example?

Enjoy Dubai.

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:41:38

Small pocket pair oop , i actualy do view these as set mining hands , the problem with them is they made bad bluff catchers and often have very little equity when called if we c/r. I much rather use suited connectors or broadways to turn into bluff catchers or to play back on various boards with. If we have backdoor fd and/or overs we can c/r and barrel alot of turns. If we c/r with PP i find it hard to continue with the hand and if we c/c with them we are in a reverse equity spot as btn will often be barreling overcards and cards that improved his hand so we are left in a tough spot where we are playing a guessing game.

Even with this stradegy calling with PP oop are winners for me after 90k hand sample.

What kind of boards do you play back on or bluffcatch with PP ? i feel finding boards to do this on comes much easier with broadways and suited cards

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:49:27

Q3 - would you continue on any other turn cards ? J ? K ?

shades

848 posts
Joined 06/2008

G586

75 posts
Joined 09/2008

Good video, learnt stuff & some nice ideas for me to try out. Saying obvious things is really good as sometimes it's the simplest things that are the hardest to learn because they are glossed over when good players teach as they are assumed knowledge for them.

ambtndplyr

379 posts
Joined 02/2009

hey guys

internet needs like 1 minute to load this site in forum, so without the vid. my ship is in the middle of ther persian golf
i appreciate any feedback so far. since i guess it takes like 7389128793 minutes to make me view the actual time refenrences in the vid, i will be here for fully support asap (sunday as it seems)
hope you guys can/could take sth out of that and i wish you a nice and hopefully succesfull sunday

martin

ambtndplyr

379 posts
Joined 02/2009

Hey!
This is the link to the tool Martin is talking about at the end, its called Equilab: http://pokerevolution.de/downloads/details/121/ - Schnüdel, Martin's student

danke lukas Smile bis so!!

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → Ghost : Ambtndplyr (#2) - 6max 50NL