Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by threads13 (Micro/Small Stakes)

Threads13 Plays: Four tables of Ignition without a HUD

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Threads13 Plays: Four tables of Ignition without a HUD by threads13

Threads13 loads up four tables without a HUD and focusing on different bet sizing, some alternative lines, and how to try to max value whales.

About Threads13 Plays Subscribe to

Join Jacob "Threads13" Hoke as he takes to the tables for some live action grinding! Jacob walks the viewer through his decision making process as he plays. See how your style compares to Jacob's!

Tags

fish bet sizing value betting threads13 isolating whales

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Threads13 Plays: Four tables of Ignition without a HUD

or track by Email or RSS

retro300zx

3 posts
Joined 10/2017

Time Link to 00:06:54

Hi threads,

What's your reasoning on leading at table 4 with J2o in a limped pot? We have a very weak FD. In my opinion there are 2 factors that go against betting there::
- we often don't have enough FE against passive fish (unless they fold a lot postflop)
- we have a very weak FD and after hitting a flush there are tons of better hearts.

Are you hoping to hit that 4th heart and bluff those players out? Or it's kind of strategy to often lead a limped pot with weak/passive players?

Posted 7 days ago

threads13

3256 posts
Joined 03/2008

Hi threads,

What's your reasoning on leading at table 4 with J2o in a limped pot? We have a very weak FD. In my opinion there are 2 factors that go against betting there::
- we often don't have enough FE against passive fish (unless they fold a lot postflop)
- we have a very weak FD and after hitting a flush there are tons of better hearts.

Are you hoping to hit that 4th heart and bluff those players out? Or it's kind of strategy to often lead a limped pot with weak/passive players?

I don't think we can XC, so it's either bet or XF. I don't think it's necessarily true that we don't have enough FE when we do have some pot equity and we also can continue to bluff on future streets.

I think this is one of better non-obvious bluffs to make. Sure, the Ah, Kh are "better", but the things like Jh, Th bluffs aren't necessarily better to bluff than to check. This is the same idea why I want to bet the 2h - I can't really XC and it is an ok bluff so I bluff. We can XC Th so we have to think betting is better than something that is +EV.

It's not like you are printing money here, of course.

Posted 7 days ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → Threads13 Plays : Four tables of Ignition without a HUD