Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by WiltOnTilt (Micro/Small Stakes)

Real Life Micro NL-Grinder: Unlimited Texas Hold Them: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Real Life Micro NL-Grinder: Unlimited Texas Hold Them: Episode Five by WiltOnTilt, tubasteve

WiltOnTilt and WhiteHeatSYD are back, this time with Tubasteve, as they review live play at $.5/1 2-tabling.

About Real Life Micro NL-Grinder: Unlimited Texas Hold Them Subscribe to

How do you mold a beginner into an expert? WiltOnTilt and DeucesCracked member WhiteHeatSYD delve into the heart of that question in Real Life: MicroNL Grinder. Bankroll management theory, starting hand selection and general strategy development coupled with live sweat and hand history review. And keep your eyes peeled for special guest coaches!

Tags

wiltontilt whiteheatsyd nlhe 2-tabling 50nl live play tubasteve real life micro no limit grinder

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 71 minutes long
  • Posted almost 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Real Life Micro NL-Grinder: Unlimited Texas Hold Them: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

docfreddc

2 posts
Joined 06/2008

I've been a member for about 2 months now and have been watching alot of these videos. I've really enjoy them and I am learning alot. In fact, I just had my first profitible week in 3 months. The going has been rough. The concept of 3 betting light is completely new to me and I'm trying to add it to my game. What I would like to know is how to defend against it. I've definitely noticed players at my tables that like to 3 bet alot with 2 limpers or a raiser / caller and I'm sure that they are 3 betting it light from the button or blinds. I don't want to fold! Should I 4 bet or call? I'm playing 50NL on Full Tilt.

Thanks,

docfreddc

Posted almost 6 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2601 posts
Joined 10/2007

I am a reg in these games and the tables you are at don't seem very good to me. Would you be sitting at these tables if not for the sake of the video?

Also, who do you play at FTP if you are in Australia? Can't you play on Euro sites that are softer?

Aaron and Steve, what are your thoughts on these tables?

the tables seemed fishy to me but i'm used to higher stakes and tougher players. can't really speak for how they compare to your average .5/1 game.

part of the reason we're having him play on FTP is because it reaches the widest audience.

Aaron

WiltOnTilt

2601 posts
Joined 10/2007

I've been a member for about 2 months now and have been watching alot of these videos. I've really enjoy them and I am learning alot. In fact, I just had my first profitible week in 3 months. The going has been rough. The concept of 3 betting light is completely new to me and I'm trying to add it to my game. What I would like to know is how to defend against it. I've definitely noticed players at my tables that like to 3 bet alot with 2 limpers or a raiser / caller and I'm sure that they are 3 betting it light from the button or blinds. I don't want to fold! Should I 4 bet or call? I'm playing 50NL on Full Tilt.

Thanks,

docfreddc

Hi doc, I can understand your frustrations with 3bet situations. Even my mid and high stakes nl students have problems in these spots because it's the toughest part of the game these days... unfortunately your question is so broad that it's kind of like asking "how do i play poker?" Smile I don't blame you though because I know how tough it can be to get adjusted to the extra aggression as well as finding spots to add that into your own game.

Let me give you a few quick thoughts.

a) when a guy is 3betting you over and over, be inclined to give him more and more credit for each subsequent 3bet he makes on you (in general). If he's a tag in your games, chances are he realizes you're about to get frustrated with him because of a recent succession of 3bets so each extra 3bet is less and less likely to be light.

b) when you know a guy is capable of 3betting you light (either from history or datamine) and it's early in the session, be more inclined to play back at him the first time he does it. The mantra "well it's the first time he's done it so i'll give him credit..." is generally not correct against guys who you know are aggro and taking advantage of the weak. usually for these guys the first time is light.

c) if you want to 4bet bluff, be more inclined to do it when you're oop and more inclined to call in position and make some sort of move postflop. 4bet bluffing is not a very big part of my 6max strategy, but when I do 4bet for bluff or value it's small, say i open to 3bb, he makes it 10bb, i make it 24bb either for bluff or value.

d) don't be afraid to just fold. Although some of the regs might be exploiting you, if they are better than you it's often better to give up and get exploited in small pot then tangle with a player better than you in a big pot (esp if you think he has reason to feel you're getting frustrated).

Hope that helps a little... keep watching videos and take notes on the different ranges we're giving to players when we're in a 3bet pot.

Aaron

bigacsiga

25 posts
Joined 07/2008

New member to DC, but finally got some time to watch the content and finished this series. If all the series are going to be like this with quality and commentary I definitely got my money's worth.
Also WhiteHeatSYD, congrats on what you achieved. Trying to walk the path you have been on and this series hopefully helped me a lot, so I don't get misguided by crazy thoughts along the way. Nice job sir - Love the accent.
WiltOnTilt: quality stuff throughout the series, also inviting TubaSteve to this episode was a really nice touch. And better not yell at the boy Wink LOL

Keep it up guys

bigacsiga

25 posts
Joined 07/2008

Hi doc, I can understand your frustrations with 3bet situations. Even my mid and high stakes nl students have problems in these spots because it's the toughest part of the game these days... unfortunately your question is so broad that it's kind of like asking "how do i play poker?" Smile I don't blame you though because I know how tough it can be to get adjusted to the extra aggression as well as finding spots to add that into your own game.

Let me give you a few quick thoughts.

a) when a guy is 3betting you over and over, be inclined to give him more and more credit for each subsequent 3bet he makes on you (in general). If he's a tag in your games, chances are he realizes you're about to get frustrated with him because of a recent succession of 3bets so each extra 3bet is less and less likely to be light.

b) when you know a guy is capable of 3betting you light (either from history or datamine) and it's early in the session, be more inclined to play back at him the first time he does it. The mantra "well it's the first time he's done it so i'll give him credit..." is generally not correct against guys who you know are aggro and taking advantage of the weak. usually for these guys the first time is light.

c) if you want to 4bet bluff, be more inclined to do it when you're oop and more inclined to call in position and make some sort of move postflop. 4bet bluffing is not a very big part of my 6max strategy, but when I do 4bet for bluff or value it's small, say i open to 3bb, he makes it 10bb, i make it 24bb either for bluff or value.

d) don't be afraid to just fold. Although some of the regs might be exploiting you, if they are better than you it's often better to give up and get exploited in small pot then tangle with a player better than you in a big pot (esp if you think he has reason to feel you're getting frustrated).

Hope that helps a little... keep watching videos and take notes on the different ranges we're giving to players when we're in a 3bet pot.

Aaron

Wilt,

might be a stupid suggestion and I might be totally off, but a thing that really helped me to learn in 3bet pots was playing Headsup. I think all 6max players would benefit from it. I believe my hand reading got lots better (not hard starting from zero Smile ) and also I am forced to play a lot of 3bet pots in position, when I decide to defend with calling and not by 4betting, and also OOP when I reraise some junk and villain is kind enough to call so we can tangle.
I am by no means great or even slightly good, but HU helped me lots so might want to advocate that to some of your students to cover 3bet pots?
what's your take on this?

WiltOnTilt

2601 posts
Joined 10/2007

bigacsiga - you are absolutely correct, HU can do wonders for your 6max game, especially as it relates to 3bet pots but also overall hand reading and getting you in the aggressive mindset. People often play much too passive postflop in 6max and that's one of the things that HU forces you to correct!

Thanks for the kind words... still got 3 more episodes to go in this series so stay tuned and let me know of any suggestions you might have to improve.

Thanks again!
Aaron

LastManDancing

62 posts
Joined 02/2008

Good video

How did you write that thing on the table? "the proffesioal etc etc" I would like that on my tables too hehe cuz it sounds good when I really run bad Wink

thanks

WhiteHeatSYD

Real Life Grinder
847 posts
Joined 09/2007

Good video

How did you write that thing on the table? "the proffesioal etc etc" I would like that on my tables too hehe cuz it sounds good when I really run bad Wink

thanks

PM your email address and I will ship you the table if you want?

WhiteHeatSYD

Real Life Grinder
847 posts
Joined 09/2007

Also, who do you play at FTP if you are in Australia? Can't you play on Euro sites that are softer?

I play a bit on party as well, and some eurolinx (but the software tilts me).

LastManDancing

62 posts
Joined 02/2008

PM your email address and I will ship you the table if you want?

Did 3 days ago

Thanks

cheers

WhiteHeatSYD

Real Life Grinder
847 posts
Joined 09/2007

Did 3 days ago

Thanks

cheers

Will make sure I do it tonight, been hammered at work.

Bennobal

30 posts
Joined 12/2008

This video stops at 11:00. I can't go past that mark either.

Posted over 5 years ago

Entity

8663 posts
Joined 11/2006

This video stops at 11:00. I can't go past that mark either.

Download the MP4 version instead of streaming; it's most likely that your browser isn't downloading the full version for some reason when you try to stream.

Rob

Posted over 5 years ago

Bennobal

30 posts
Joined 12/2008

Yes, the stream works now anyhow. Something with my own connection etc I guess.

Posted over 5 years ago

Farmer108

293 posts
Joined 07/2010

at 4:40

On this turn, considering the stack size of opponant, could you bet around $5? This will, if called create a pot of $20, with a remaining stack of $15, plus the small bet could look weak and induce a shove.

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → Real Life Micro NL-Grinder: Unlimited Texas Hold Them : Episode Five