Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Joe Tall (Micro/Small Stakes)

Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall: Guest Coach WiltOnTilt - 6Max NL

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall: Guest Coach WiltOnTilt - 6Max NL by Joe Tall, WiltOnTilt

Season Premiere of Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall. Join Joe Tall, Guest Coach WiltOnTilt and DC member Haian as they review a 1/2NL session of Haian. Hear all three of them discuss the hands as they go over them in the replayer.

About Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall Subscribe to

Join Joe Tall every week as he takes a new DeucesCracked coach and DeucesCracked member to pore over a recently played session. Follow in-depth analysis of every hand by DeucesCracked coaches while Joe orchestrates the three-way audio, adding in his own unique metagame perspectives. Watch for a new coach and member every week!

Tags

wiltontilt haian joetall joe tall no-limi no limit 1/2 nl 200nl ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 101 minutes long
  • Posted over 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Late Night Coaching with Joe Tall: Guest Coach WiltOnTilt - 6Max NL

or track by Email or RSS

kondor101

929 posts
Joined 02/2008

Thanks to all three of you for making such a great video.
I learned a lot from Haian and he was just the student! 1hr and 40mins and I sat glued to my screen. As an NL10 player I learned lots.

Just two questions, on the 60 mins hand AJo, you talk about the bigger turn bet. Would it be OK to just check behind on the river after making that bet or is that be missing too much value? After all we only have top pair.

The other question, can we get you three together again in the future?

Posted over 6 years ago

kondor101

929 posts
Joined 02/2008

Was going to ask if Haian had considered coaching, but I see from the coaching page he already is Smile

Posted over 6 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2650 posts
Joined 10/2007

Haian has grown to be one of the best poker minds of all my students. He thinks about the game very well and I would highly recommend him to any SSNL player that needs help. His $50/hr rate is a steal for anyone playing small stakes.

WoT

Posted over 6 years ago

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

Thanks to all three of you for making such a great video.
I learned a lot from Haian and he was just the student! 1hr and 40mins and I sat glued to my screen. As an NL10 player I learned lots.

Just two questions, on the 60 mins hand AJo, you talk about the bigger turn bet. Would it be OK to just check behind on the river after making that bet or is that be missing too much value? After all we only have top pair.

The other question, can we get you three together again in the future?

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was great to learn from these guys, Aarron and Haian know there shit and I'll admit, I'm the underdog here!

BTW, the intro-story is 100% true, and, this was supposed to be released later on today, so next week it will run as the "LATE SHOW" with a 11PM GMT release.

Glad you enjoyed the format, more coming!

-Joe Tall

Posted over 6 years ago

throwfar

29 posts
Joined 01/2008

chomp

154 posts
Joined 03/2008

Honestly, I thought this was going to be a bit dull, but it was fascinating. Taking 10 minutes per hand you really get to rip each hand to pieces, which is great.

Also, the slower format let me stop the video and work out what I'd do before hearing the teachers' thoughts. Pretty happy I picked the AK fold, although it's one of those call-at-the-table-but-fold-in-the-forums type hands.

Posted over 6 years ago

PopeClone

3 posts
Joined 04/2008

Great video, liked the slow pace. But:throw in some hands where either bad plays wins or you win in sticky spots. Not just coolers and stuff where after half the hands you think hero is gonna lose this one as well as that's how it's been going so far. Another positive thing is having Joe asking the kind of basic questions about NL as most players whatching this video probably are wondering the same things
as him.

Posted over 6 years ago

lucemferror

24 posts
Joined 03/2008

please dont do that. At 11 PM EDT its already 3 PM in Germany. Wednesday! What I want to say: The member´s sessions reviewed by DC coaches are just great

Posted over 6 years ago

Entity

8667 posts
Joined 11/2006

please dont do that. At 11 PM EDT its already 3 PM in Germany. Wednesday! What I want to say: The member´s sessions reviewed by DC coaches are just great

Hey luce,

He's going to be releasing it at 11PM GMT (12AM your time, I think?). So yeah, it'll still be a bit late, but that's the idea -- it's a late night show. Smile

Rob

Posted over 6 years ago

mikefut

2135 posts
Joined 03/2008

Brilliant stuff. NH all three of you. Season three at DC is looking STRONG!

Posted over 6 years ago

Henry.Mein

11 posts
Joined 04/2008

Joe,
I really like this format. Its pretty awesome to have three levels of approach to a hand -- player who is at the limit and making some mistakes but has a lot of experience on tendencies at the level and hand ranges to expect, coach who has beat the level and can comment a bit on adjustments for different stakes or if the hand had played out differently (WoT did a great job explaining what was the standard line in a situation/ why it was standard/ why you might want to adjust), and an experienced poker player tackling a new game enthusiastically.

I like your comments on player psychology (nice call on the value betting on the 56 hand by the UTG raiser we called with AK). I think you are nicely playing the role learner and the questioner, letting the coach "do their thing" and the player talk about the hand, listening to their whole explanation, then sometimes sharing how you'd think to play it coming from a limit HE background with a ton of handreading experience.

I like your posing of question: "what are you thinking about here" its nice its open and it lets the coach talk and player talk.

Its really new experience for me to have you be a learner. I learned a ton about razz from your video. Great Stuff!

Posted over 6 years ago

Henry.Mein

11 posts
Joined 04/2008

Meant to include another highlight -- I like when you ask about a situation having the potential for a timing tell against a weak player. I think this was a great way you bring your poker experience to NL.

Posted over 6 years ago

johnnyson

38 posts
Joined 02/2008

this is sick sick good, very cool indepth discussion

Posted over 6 years ago

bosoxx34

451 posts
Joined 02/2008

Great Video and the intro is awesome

Posted over 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → LNC with Joe Tall : Guest Coach WIltOnTilt