Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by inavacuum (Micro/Small Stakes)

Yin and Yang: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Yin and Yang: Episode Five by inavacuum

Inavacuum talks with mixtress about some 25NL and 50NL 6max hands.

About Yin and Yang Subscribe to

Yin meets yang at microstakes NL. The majority of pros view micro play as extremely standard with no room for creativity. While true for the most part, not embracing nonstandard lines will leave profit on the table.

Tags

inavacuum yin and yang micro-stakes hh review hand replayer ipod friendly 25nl 25 nl 50nl 50 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 50 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Yin and Yang: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

inavacuum

1245 posts
Joined 04/2008

This episode puts a little more focus on the Yin than the Yang, unlike previous episodes. I felt it needed to be done, a lot of viewers want the basic lower stake spots as well as the other stuff.

Posted over 4 years ago

swampdonkey

169 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:21:39

Really like the series especially the 25nl hands. In this hand with the 89s, instead of villan just checking on the turn when the Jc comes what would you do if he bet again for 2/3 pot ?

Posted over 4 years ago

inavacuum

1245 posts
Joined 04/2008

Really like the series especially the 25nl hands. In this hand with the 89s, instead of villan just checking on the turn when the Jc comes what would you do if he bet again for 2/3 pot ?

Call. At least vs this guy, as far as I remember. Vs some other people it'd be an easy fold.

Posted over 4 years ago

swampdonkey

169 posts
Joined 02/2010

This is more of a general question. In the second QQ hand when we get to the flop and overs come + were oop This is a troule spot for me. I usually always cbet, get called and then ? What do you reccomend in situations like this vs uknowns.

Obviously with the reads in the 2nd QQ hand it makes the hand easier to play but it gets difficult earlie in a session withought reads.

Posted over 4 years ago

Unstable James

Section 9
391 posts
Joined 09/2008

The awesomeness just won't stop. Thanks for this.

Posted over 4 years ago

Steppin Razor

Section 9
2237 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:44:59

I was thinking that if he can hand read, he's got to be pretty sure you have something like what you have. He's an unknown, so presumably you're an unknown to him (unless he's mined you). This kind of thing occurs to me a fair amount, where I pretty much know what my opponent has, but the real question is, will he fold it? I barrel sometimes and sometimes not based on whether I think a player is capable of folding. Should I be taking the barrel spot and going for it if my read isn't strong on what my opp will fold?

(BTW, the likelihood I would get called here by 44-88 is why I play the site I play.)

Posted over 4 years ago

inavacuum

1245 posts
Joined 04/2008

This is more of a general question. In the second QQ hand when we get to the flop and overs come + were oop This is a troule spot for me. I usually always cbet, get called and then ? What do you reccomend in situations like this vs uknowns.

Obviously with the reads in the 2nd QQ hand it makes the hand easier to play but it gets difficult earlie in a session withought reads.

There is no one answer. The answer is "it depends", which is the answer people don't like getting but the answer they need to look at differently because if they don't like the answer "it depends" it means they're not fully utilitisng their poker brain.

If we look at things from a FToP perspective, checking may be best vs an unknown. If we think villain is likely to bluff, checking may be best vs a non-unknown. If we think villain is a station or passive, betting may be best. I tend to bet simply because most people at the table realise that I'm bluffing in that spot almost always and therefore I can get a lot of value, however there may be cases where that is simply not true.

It can never hurt to ask yourself some simple questions to decide on your course of action. Can I get value if I bet? What would I do if I were bluffing? What does villain think of me? What will villain do with his holdings if I check? If I bet what is my plan if raised/on turns when called?

The correct answer for the situation should make itself apparent.

Posted over 4 years ago

inavacuum

1245 posts
Joined 04/2008

I was thinking that if he can hand read, he's got to be pretty sure you have something like what you have. He's an unknown, so presumably you're an unknown to him (unless he's mined you). This kind of thing occurs to me a fair amount, where I pretty much know what my opponent has, but the real question is, will he fold it? I barrel sometimes and sometimes not based on whether I think a player is capable of folding. Should I be taking the barrel spot and going for it if my read isn't strong on what my opp will fold?

(BTW, the likelihood I would get called here by 44-88 is why I play the site I play.)

We can have plenty of other things: All sets, all FDs, 9x, KdXd, any Kx that floated but generally I agree our range is reasonably face-up. However, villain is clearly thinking about his own hand a bit more than ours. It's not that likely I'd have a random Kx here as I'd be leaning towards folding/3betting preflop. I would have KK a lot more than KTo and our range does become somewhat polarised. He also probably isn't thinking that if Hero is a thinking reg he should realise that Villain's range is weighted in favour of having more big Kx when he opens UTG than when he opens from late position, giving him more FE vs another potentially thinking player. It would also be really annoying for him for Hero to x back a better FD.

Anyway, I am not advocating barreling blindly. If you feel that where you play the majority of people just don't fold s/d value on that river then don't bet. I would bet vs an unknown, but I do not tend to find too may random stations at my tables.

Posted over 4 years ago

swampdonkey

169 posts
Joined 02/2010

There is no one answer. The answer is "it depends", which is the answer people don't like getting but the answer they need to look at differently because if they don't like the answer "it depends" it means they're not fully utilitisng their poker brain.

If we look at things from a FToP perspective, checking may be best vs an unknown. If we think villain is likely to bluff, checking may be best vs a non-unknown. If we think villain is a station or passive, betting may be best. I tend to bet simply because most people at the table realise that I'm bluffing in that spot almost always and therefore I can get a lot of value, however there may be cases where that is simply not true.

It can never hurt to ask yourself some simple questions to decide on your course of action. Can I get value if I bet? What would I do if I were bluffing? What does villain think of me? What will villain do with his holdings if I check? If I bet what is my plan if raised/on turns when called?

The correct answer for the situation should make itself apparent.

Thank you for the detailed answer, you break it down very nicely. Do you have any Northamerican students/accept them ?

Posted over 4 years ago

inavacuum

1245 posts
Joined 04/2008

I do have some students from North (and South) America. The only issue would be one of timing. I generally don't coach after 5:30pm GMT, or before 11am GMT.

Posted over 4 years ago

Andersonlasp

8 posts
Joined 03/2010

Mixtress

35 posts
Joined 12/2008

plz bring SnappieVous back =/

awww sorry if I haven't lived up to scrappy for you, hope you still got something from the episode.

For my part constructive critisism is most welcome from anyone (hopes I dont get hammered now lol).

Honestly though it's been a great learning experience, so thanks very much to Inavacuum for the opportunity Smile

Posted over 4 years ago

Chimeni

93 posts
Joined 04/2009

Time Link to 00:15:04

Based on your reads, what would you do if villain:
1. Minraised
2. Shipped it

Thanks. Excellent series.

Posted over 4 years ago

Chimeni

93 posts
Joined 04/2009

Time Link to 00:35:50

What would you do if the river was a:

1. T,J,Q
2. 3-7

If we put him on small pair, I would be inclined to barrel a TJQ, but check/fold 3-7.

Posted over 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → Yin and Yang : Episode Five