Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by inavacuum (Micro/Small Stakes)

Yin and Yang: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Yin and Yang: Episode One by inavacuum

Inavacuum and DeucesCracked.com member SnappieVouz review hands from micro-stakes NLHE.

About Yin and Yang Subscribe to

Yin meets yang at microstakes NL. The majority of pros view micro play as extremely standard with no room for creativity. While true for the most part, not embracing nonstandard lines will leave profit on the table.

Tags

inavacuum yin and yang snappievouz micro-stakes hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 65 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Yin and Yang: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

42 posts
Joined 01/2010

Pinko Panther

371 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:30:41

Hey, I'm little late to the party lol. I have a question about villain's river play here. We view him as a "floater" but we see he was calling with some value. Do you think in villain's spot, vs. the "give up" range that you're repping, he misplayed by jamming the river rather than taking his free showdown value here? Why rep a flush with a made hand that's beating worse and not folding out better? Is it reasonable for him to think you'd fold a lot of Kx here? I guess you could have JJ/QQ as well which you'd have to fold. hmmmmm

Posted about 3 years ago

inavacuum

1239 posts
Joined 04/2008

Hey, I'm little late to the party lol. I have a question about villain's river play here. We view him as a "floater" but we see he was calling with some value. Do you think in villain's spot, vs. the "give up" range that you're repping, he misplayed by jamming the river rather than taking his free showdown value here? Why rep a flush with a made hand that's beating worse and not folding out better? Is it reasonable for him to think you'd fold a lot of Kx here? I guess you could have JJ/QQ as well which you'd have to fold. hmmmmm

It's not at all unreasonable for him to think that 1) we've checked the river with Kx and that 2) we're going to fold it to a shove. Despite his timing being bad, I don't think he made a big mistake because it's just going to work on most people most of the time. In fact the only times it won't work is when the person in our spot checking the river has the reads we have, or is someone with FPS.

Posted about 3 years ago

Pinko Panther

371 posts
Joined 04/2011

It's not at all unreasonable for him to think that 1) we've checked the river with Kx and that 2) we're going to fold it to a shove. Despite his timing being bad, I don't think he made a big mistake because it's just going to work on most people most of the time. In fact the only times it won't work is when the person in our spot checking the river has the reads we have, or is someone with FPS.

Interesting, thanks for the quick response. Also, I'm liking this series so far (I watched ep 12 first and decided it's worth checking from the start).

So, I understand the logic behind the shove if he does hope to fold out better hands (although I personally prefer the bluff shove with more air floats). I guess my question to you is whether you think checking back in his spot is better or worse than shoving? Do you think it's wrong to just take your showdown value in these kind of spots?

Posted about 3 years ago

inavacuum

1239 posts
Joined 04/2008

It depends what you think your opponent is checking with and why. It's far more likely we're checking with Kx or worse to give up or get to showdown, so it doesn't matter if he sometimes wins anyway with his TT, because he can win the same amount only add in the times we then fold Kx/better than TT.

He should ask himself if he thinks we can fold Kx (he shouldn't shove vs a station) and how likely it was we were checking the river to induce. If we're unknown to him he should assume it's pretty unlikely because people tend to just fastplay when they get there in this spot expecting to get value from worse often (which isn't bad thinking at small stakes).

Posted about 3 years ago

Pinko Panther

371 posts
Joined 04/2011

SnappieVouz

2620 posts
Joined 03/2009

On the sites I play on and the sites my students play on. If you would like a list, please do ask. Thank you for your feedback.

always 1 person that says this in every Yin Yang episode you made Smile havent watched it yet, will do in future. GL with the upcoming series!

Posted about 3 years ago

elliot

12 posts
Joined 12/2011

Agree I like a flat after his c/r - the maniacs will usually keep firing if you just call there c/r

Posted over 2 years ago

elliot

12 posts
Joined 12/2011

Very good video - best Low Stakes vid I seen thus far.

Posted over 2 years ago

HankWhite

73 posts
Joined 03/2012

Noreaga

304 posts
Joined 10/2011

Best low stakes video i`ve seen on dc.Real eye opener, when it comes to thinking outside the box.

Posted over 2 years ago

kerwinty

559 posts
Joined 05/2011

One of the best videos on low stakes.

watch all of them- twice!

Posted over 2 years ago

iluv68

666 posts
Joined 03/2011

Time Link to 00:46:49

So we are raising as a bluff/fold out hands with equity?

If villain shoves, we are folding.
If villain calls do we:
1) Shut down and put no more $$$ into pot on a Club/Heart rivers, but shove "blanks"
2) Shove any river?

Should have kept watching video...I got my answer

Posted almost 2 years ago

inavacuum

1239 posts
Joined 04/2008

Shove any river except for Hearts and cards that pair the board. Why do you think that is?

iluv68

666 posts
Joined 03/2011

Given: Our perceived range on the turn is 4x, two pairs, and Club/Heart flush draws (although weighted towards Club's)

River Heart reasons not for shoving:
- It polarizes our range to include missed Clubs, and weights our hand range away from two pairs/4x hands

River pair the board:
- our busted Club draw can shove
- now our perceived two pair range two pair range has to be "boats" which is less combos
- our two pairs become counterfeited if villain has overpairs which makes it more likely to get a call from villain (but would we ever shove our counterfeited two pair on river?)?

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → Inavacuum - Yin