Micro Stakes Online NL Poker Forums

(10NL) Picking out players, taking notes etc etc

or track by Email or RSS

BetBoy69

12 posts
Joined 03/2012

Hey,

I've returned to poker after a long time out and am looking to take it seriously starting a bankroll and moving up through the stakes. I'm playing 10NL.

Whilst watching games I find it easy to pick out the weaknesses of wild, loose players and am finding myself capable of isolating and taking advantage in the right position.

My question is more at how to take notes/ what to look for with tighter players. I always feel like I'm only playing my cards against players that aren't wildly loose.

Cheers
David

Posted about 2 years ago

MI5 Mark

2044 posts
Joined 06/2011

At 10NL the tighter players will play still have leaks like you say. Things to exploit, folding to 3bets too much, not folding to 3bets enough (especially OOP),

Another thing I like to look for is there prf/vpip by position if it is 15/17/25/35 from UTG to BU in a 6max game then they are positionally aware. If it is 21/20/23/25 then they aren't very positionally aware and will be playing hands that are too weak oop. They also wont be stealing enough.

Another thing to look out for is people playing fit or fold on the flop, so you can cbet and give up if they call (assuming you dont have a hand)

But above all the best way to exploit them is to fold more when they appear strong and your hand is weak (to exploit the fact they dont bluff enough) and value bet lots because the biggest leak of all in micro stakes is calling too much. This goes for tighter players too.

Posted about 2 years ago

MI5 Mark

2044 posts
Joined 06/2011

Forgot to add dont bluff much at all as people can't hand read well and put you on ranges. They just look at their own cards, no pont in repping a flush if you get called by bottom pair

Posted about 2 years ago

Kazm

414 posts
Joined 12/2009

Tighter players
-check their showdowns:
-do they call SCs oop? do they donk, checkcall, checkraise with draws? as IR do they barrel a flopped flushdraw? do they bluff scarecards?
-do they bet KT on ATx as IR? do they bet turn? do they fold river if you bet?
-do they call or fold against 3bets? do they call with stuff like KQo and 99 oop and then play fit or fold?
-do they have different betsizes for different handstrengths or do they bet their whole range the same but base the size on the board (high size for drawy low for dry).
-do they float 88 on Kxx on flop and fold to a turnbet? do they float twice? do they float with overcards?
-do they raise 88 on A8xrainbow ip or do they flat to let you barrel?

Well this is only the tip of the iceberg but this gives you some ideas.

If you have a subscription definately check out The Thin Red Line series from Grindcore. I think in pt2 he shows his way of making notes. (DONT MISS PT1)

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMicro Stakes Online NL → (10NL) Picking out players, taking notes etc etc