All About DeucesCracked Poker Forums

DC Shorts Ideas

or track by Email or RSS

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

Hey guys,

We are working on future DC Shorts and are looking for any and all ideas you might have on the topic. Can be for any game or even something abstract. GOGOGO!

Posted almost 4 years ago

Noah.

441 posts
Joined 10/2010

Something like the Buffalo series. A hand or part of a hand is shown and discussed (with the Buffalo in place) and then the holding is not revealed until the beginning of the next short, so that all the discussion about the hand and possible ranges and thought processes is happening below the video without anyone knowing already what the holding actually was. That way, that issue that WoT was talking about in PS when people see the end result and then sometimes the discussion on a hand becomes focused or based somewhat on a first response will be diluted and maybe a format like that could make for more interesting discussion/thoughts processes/learning/fun for everyone.

tychoon

364 posts
Joined 06/2010

People seem to be constantly asking about going pro. It'd be good to have a ~20-30min video we could direct them to. Things like having a ton of BI-s and some backup options, enough money for 6 months w/o cashing out etc.

I like what 4Pies suggested as well.

buffyslayer1

228 posts
Joined 10/2008

i would like to see something about how to go about breaking down a regs game that you play against for leaks and ways to exploit. Typically at say something like 100nl and above

you could have a short on a typically bad Lag and a Tag or the like

PokerGnome

1036 posts
Joined 07/2009

Not sure if this has been done before on here but what about some shorts on how to review your stats in PT3/HEM. The leak buster thread in the Micro section got a lot of love.

What are the common filters i can use to assess my leaks or the leaks in my opponents?

Bigvee

Section 9
1005 posts
Joined 10/2008

I think 4 pies has a great idea... Kinda to expand on that - a hand or concept of the week. Its been working well in the MNLHE forum. Leave something open ended for people to discuss.

Maybe a "Follow the progress" kinda thing. Pick someone and follow their status from week to week. Maybe someone moving up with some aggressive bankroll management.

Maybe some more podcast type, the shorts are perfect to listen to during a short car/bus ride, at work, etc.

Sneakers

2022 posts
Joined 09/2009

idea: Show how to do a solid session review. If done in a series....use different players/members/coaches to reinforce the subject (repetition).

BTW, why do the DC Shorts have to be done in a series? I was wondering why we hadn't seen any Shorts in a while.

rrumsey

5821 posts
Joined 06/2010

idea: Show how to do a solid session review. If done in a series....use different players/members/coaches to reinforce the subject (repetition).

BTW, why do the DC Shorts have to be done in a series? I was wondering why we hadn't seen any Shorts in a while.

seing how HU super turbos are so short, how about a full hu super turbo with discussion?

or a 9 man super turbo even

2fouroffsuit

1996 posts
Joined 01/2008

seing how HU super turbos are so short, how about a full hu super turbo with discussion?

or a 9 man super turbo even

Are hu super turbo sng's even beatable (10bb starting stacks right?)? The rake is HUGE for how many you play so quickly. Given the variance associated with these literal flipaments, are there even people that come out ahead in the long run?

MayContainNuts

318 posts
Joined 03/2010

How about the psychology of different player types.
We here a lot about the frame of mind we should be aiming for, how to think about poker.
But it would be interesting to focus on what a Nit, limper, manic aggro timer etc think in different spots. "I'll see cheap flops and hope to hit", "I must keep my customer" and all that.
Sometimes they won't think anything at all, but they still have brains and it would be interesting to get inside their minds. Know your enemy.
I know a lot of videos cover this type of thing, but a DC short on each player type could be interesting.
Get some psychologist in to say limpers were/are bed wetters etc.

cam167

858 posts
Joined 09/2009

So many good ideas ITT, I would also like, a session review, how to analyse and improve by yourself, and how to go thru hands after a session.
A vid that goes deep into stats and how to find leaks this way. Maybe some HEM stats to look for, like people never folding to cbets, but folds a 100% to turn bets, exploiting regs via stats.

Joeyg50

435 posts
Joined 05/2009

I think some Tommy Angelo shorts
AMT SNG ones
Joe Tall mixed game basics to teach us these games we dont know
how to play.

tychoon

364 posts
Joined 06/2010

How about the psychology of different player types.
We here a lot about the frame of mind we should be aiming for, how to think about poker.
But it would be interesting to focus on what a Nit, limper, manic aggro timer etc think in different spots. "I'll see cheap flops and hope to hit", "I must keep my customer" and all that.
Sometimes they won't think anything at all, but they still have brains and it would be interesting to get inside their minds. Know your enemy.
I know a lot of videos cover this type of thing, but a DC short on each player type could be interesting.
Get some psychologist in to say limpers were/are bed wetters etc.

I'd like that, other ideas are good as well. I'd like to see something psychology related.

Amaryllis

431 posts
Joined 09/2007

Combo-Thinking Every Hand

...preferably LHE.

Amaryllis

431 posts
Joined 09/2007

idea: Show how to do a solid session review.

I would love this as well.

On the Tommy Angelo idea: I am sure every single DCer would love any TA material. But TA needs more time than a short imo. Either a short series, or maybe 5 minute "Gold from TA" every week for ever Smile

HomePoker ForumsAll About DeucesCracked → DC Shorts Ideas